• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grandal

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could make gifs...I would make one of thelma and louise going off the cliff with palka and trubisky's heads. Alas, my powers of technology are...lacking.
I like Trubs. Leave that man alone

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, give it a break. You forget G&G that I also hang out on the main NFL board, where for who knows how long you tried pretending you were a Cowboys fan until dozens of regulars on the board successfully pointed out that all long you've been a closet Packers fan. Why you feel you needed to hide that you're a Packers fan is beyond me. But that's for psychiatrists to evaluate. The point is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that if you're a Packers fan, it would stand to reason that you're also a Brewers fan. And why is it you never posted on the Sox board until we signed Grandal, and now suddenly you're Johnny Regular in here? You fool no one my friend, so you might as well quit pretending otherwise.
I was born and raised in Denton, Tx and am a lifelong Cowboys fan. I got married and moved to Wisconsin about 6 years ago and started a business. My wife is a Packers fan and we both are Aaron Rodgers fans. My only crime was not letting the board know that I no longer live in Texas. I'm only a casual baseball fan and have no favorite teams but I am aware of Grandal's achievements with the Brewers. Like I said in my first post, this is a nice signing by the White Sox but not a great signing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that hiding one's Packer fandom is the natural instinct, and those that don't have lost their way.
You are bitter because the Bears suck this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised in Denton, Tx and am a lifelong Cowboys fan. I got married and moved to Wisconsin about 6 years ago and started a business. My wife is a Packers fan and we both are Aaron Rodgers fans. My only crime was not letting the board know that I no longer live in Texas. I'm only a casual baseball fan and have no favorite teams but I am aware of Grandal's achievements with the Brewers. Like I said in my first post, this is a nice signing by the White Sox but not a great signing.
Another blah blah blah post. Whatever floats your boat pal.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see nothing great about this signing. he's on the down-side (especially for a catcher), isn't a hitter, and had the worst dwar (-0.4) in baseball last season for catchers. doubt very much he'll be worth what the sox gave up for him.

and those walks? first time he's come close to the figure he had last year. that's not his average! his obp? highest since his first year. that's not his average! you guys .... always looking at the best possible scenario. this signing does nothing toward making this team a contender imo.

he has a career 115 OPS+. that's a good hitter, especially at a position not known for good hitting. I do worry a bit about catchers in their early 30's, but Grandal doesn't have that much wear and tear on him (768 major league games as a catcher, only 634 complete games as a catcher).

ZiPS is pretty optimistic about Grandal the next 4 years, fwiw.

Yasmani Grandal Gets His Multi-Year Deal

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing I've gotten out of this thread:

No matter what...For the rest of time...If I attend a baseball game in person, I'm devoting at least one full inning to commenting on the catchers' pitch framing during the game...most definitely in that oh-so-asshole way so that everyone around me is aware, giving each other wtf looks, and asking their deity of choice why the f*ck they were unfortunate enough to land in my section.

Thank you Yasmani "Big Pitch Framing Papa" Grandal.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As pitch is thrown 6 inches off the plate and called a ball..."OH COME ON UUUUMPPPPP....THAT WAS FRAMED PERFECTLY...This ump doesn't understand baseball." *throws hands in air*

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that hiding one's Packer fandom is the natural instinct, and those that don't have lost their way.

tenor.gif

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has a career 115 OPS+. that's a good hitter, especially at a position not known for good hitting. I do worry a bit about catchers in their early 30's, but Grandal doesn't have that much wear and tear on him (768 major league games as a catcher, only 634 complete games as a catcher).

ZiPS is pretty optimistic about Grandal the next 4 years, fwiw.

Yasmani Grandal Gets His Multi-Year Deal
over 1000 games at all levels. and ops+ he's on the all time rankings at 521st (tied with 33 others). incidentally, starling marte (same number of years as grandal) also has a 115 ops+. would you give him 73 mil?

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh. now, in addition to owar and dwar there's a Fwar? and an rwar and a warp etc.? hilarious how everyone has their own war now. i'm thinking of creating an Iwar (idseer war). :)
Not gonna lie to you, I haven't a clue as to how they come up with all these different wars. I'm sabermetric ignant.