• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grading our players: Swanson and Warford.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To close out the rankings for the oline, I wont include Sims in this due to the uncertainty of his return. Instead, lets look at Swanson and Warford.

Obviously, both players dont have a whole lot to go off of but offer some type of rank and your feelings about them moving forward.

Use the grading scale I've provided below and from there, I will get the average score for each player after a day or two.

Rank 1-10 with 10 being the highest. Include percentages (.1.2.3.4.5) if you believe player is between certain levels.

1- Bad player. Should not be on a NFL roster.
2- Tackling dummy or jock carrier.
3- Nothing more than a practice squad player.
4- Low level backup player.
5- Quality backup or role player with no starting potential.*
6- Starter but easily upgradeable.
7- Mid level starter, with potential as a high level starter.
8- High level starter, with All-Pro potential.
9- Consistent All-Pro player.
10- Potential Hall of Fame player.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to turn over a starting spot to Swanson, whether it be at C or LG. Haven't seen anywhere near enough and didn't see him as a dominant player even at the collegiate level. Can't see him being that in the pro's against much better competition.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warford is a solid 7 until he can prove consistent health.

Jury is out on Swanson. He is supposedly intelligent but lacks NFL strength. By the time the season starts, he will have had over a year and a half with a NFL strength and conditioning coach. Hopefully he has bulked up.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Warford he had two seasons one very dominant and the other injury riddled. We will see going forward wish Larry we get. I gave him a 7 at this point and can go up because he surely has all pro caliber of talent.

IMO Swanson is still a unknown. Put the right guy beside him whether at G or C and he should be fine. Look at what Big Lar did for Dom his first season as opposed to Peterman. Can only go as high as 6 with Swanson for now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warford 7.3
Swanson ?.? Id like to be able to say in the sixes after next year. But have no idea.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with an even 8 on Warford. I think he's a high level starter with All-Pro potential. If he wasn't a rookie last year he would have got the All-Pro nod, imo. He was exceptionally good last year- one of the best four or five guards in the league.

Injuries slowed him down early on this year, but he closed out the season very strong. He's easily our best lineman.

As for Swanson? "I" for incomplete. It's too soon and his playing time was too limited for me to give him a grade yet. However, I will say I was strongly encouraged by his play this year. From what we read about in camp to the player we actually saw on the field, well apparently he made some big strides this year. I read about a player with strength issues, but I sure as hell didn't see any strength issues out of him when he played. He did pretty well in Warford's place at RG, but he was really good in his lone start at Center.

Given his much larger frame, wealth of starting experience in the SEC, and the ability he showed in limited action this season, I'm pretty encouraged about his prospects going forward...

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5.5 for Swanson from what we've seen. Played two games at two positions did well in one and mediocre in the other. Sounds like a good backup but being a rookie he should have potential.

I'm going 8 for Warford as well. He has played at an All Pro level, and everyone's step back last year shows it was more about the offense than the players.