• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade our players performance this season by position

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start first with offense

Quarterback

Russell Wilson (A+)
- Russell was a magician this year. His ability to escape and create plays from nothing really helped masked a lot of our offensive line deficiencies. 95 qb rating and 20 tds are both career lows, but when you take into account 850 rushing yards and 6 rushing tds...not to mention career lows in interception (7) I'd say this was by far Russell's best year

Running Backs

Marshawn Lynch (A)
- After all the talk about Marshawn's eventual decline and imminent departure from the team once the season ends...he goes out and has his 2nd best year ever with career highs in tds, receiving yards, and total first downs. The only year better (statistically at least) was 2012 when we had Okung and Unger both playing at an elite all pro level.

Here's an interesting stat. Pre Percy Harvin trade Marshawn averaged 16 carries 70 yds 0.5 tds with a 4.3 avg. Post Percy Harvin trade Marshawn averaged 18 carries 88 yards 1 td with a 4.8 avg.

Turbin/Michael (C)
- Both were solid in their roles

Wide Receivers

Doug Baldwin (B)
- Dougie got more targets and more looks this year and still caught 67 % of the balls thrown to him. Not as many big plays from Baldwin this year (career low 12.5 avg) but career highs in first downs

Jermaine Kearse (C-)
- Was hoping Kearse would emerge as more of a consistent threat this year.

Ricardo Lockette (C)
- Did well in the limited amount of time he got to play. Caught 11 of 15 balls thrown his way and it seemed like every catch was a big play. Also great on special teams.

Paul Richardson (D-)
- A disappointment to me. So much talk about Richardson's speed stretching the field for us and he finishes the year with a 9.3 avg.

Tight Ends

Luke Willson (C-)
- Out of all our receivers, tight ends and rbs, Luke Willson has the lowest catch to target percentage (22 of 40...55 %). He has so much talent but needs to be more consistent. The drops are concerning. Usually those problems stem from technique and lack of concentration and can be fixed. But in some cases it's just the player's achillies heel and will forever be a crutch in his game.

Cooper Helfet/Tony Moeaki (C-)
- They filled in and contributed when needed, but tight end is a position we could definitely improve upon. Hopefully Zack Miller can be that guy next year. He'll be the reliable blocker and Luke will be the down the field weapon.

Offensive Line

Russell Okung (D-)
- Okung hasn't played higher than a C level since the end of 2012. He's going to demand elite money once his contract is up. But has his play warranted that big of pay raise?

Max Unger (C-)
- Thought Unger played well in most of the games when he was healthy. Only problem is...he was not very healthy this year. Hopefully he will come back fresh in the playoffs and be ready to play at an all pro level again.

JR Sweezy (C)
- Sweezy was solid for us

James Carpenter (C-)
- It's so hard to grade Carpenter, because on one hand he showed a lot of improvement as a blocker. In the run game he can be a mauler. However, on the other hand he's so penalty prone and at times gets beat immediately or whiffs completely on his block.

Justin Britt (D-)
- Going against Britt was a defensive end's dream come true this year. It's like a Kobe Bryant or Lebron James being guarded one on one by Steve Nash. He did show some potential to be a mauler in the run game, but needs a lot of work on technique and pass blocking.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams

D
returners never seem to get past the 20, having Earl Thomas as a punt returner, cost the rams game.

Punter Ryan- failing to get hold of the ball in both Az and Eagles games. (one cost us points). His kicking was horrible also during the eagles game.

Kicker- missed three against Az, had a blocked FG.

Its just not as good as last year and somewhere in our next draft I think our draft class will have a major impact on. For me this is our weakest area other than pass protection. Hauski (sp) and Ryan have had off days so I have no problem with them coming back but we have to clean up the mistake/get something out of our punt returners.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive Ends

Michael Bennett (B+)
- His stats don't show it, but Bennett was a dominant force for us this year. When he wasn't wrecking havoc on the QB, he was demanding a double team. Once again Bennett continues to outplay his contract value.

Cliff Avril (C-)
- I thought Avril had a down year. Not only are his sack numbers down but his forced fumbles went from 5 to only 1.

O'Brien Schofield (B)
- He was excellent in his limited time of action.

Defensive Tackles

Brandon Mebane (B+)
- Outside of Earl, Sherman, and Wagner is there a more important player on defense than Mebane? Really wish he was part of our playoff run, but his absence has allowed Jordan Hill to emerge

Tony McDaniel (B)
- Has been a good anchor for us

Jordan Hill (A)
- What a start to his career. It's nice to have a draft pick that was deemed lost from the previous year to hit. Hill has been a force for us. I love his potential moving forward.

Kevin Williams (B)
- What a huge pick up this was. He has provided good depth for us and has filled in very well in Mebane's absence.

Linebackers

Bobby Wagner (A+)
- Remember at the end of last year's season when Kam started to emerge as a truly elite safety...I think this year we have seen that from Wagner. I'll be bold with this one, but I think he played like the best linebacker in the NFL this year.

KJ Wright (C)
- I thought KJ was solid this year. There were some games when he was real good like last year but other games where he got beat a lot in coverage.

Bruce Irvin (B+)
- I've been a huge critic of Bruce Irvin, but I think maybe we're just overlooking the fact that this is only his 2nd season (first full year) playing as a lb. It looks like Irvin is starting to get the hang of the position and it shows in his production. 6.5 sacks 1 ff 2 int and 2 tds.

Malcolm Smith (C-)
- He certainly was never going to live up to the status of Superbowl MVP, but he didn't even live up to last year's regular season production. A bit of a down year for Smith, but still solid.

Cornerbacks

Richard Sherman (A)
- The numbers aren't sexy, but Sherman lived up to every expectation as the #1 corner in the game.

Byron Maxwell (B-)
- I thought Maxwell was good, but definitely got beat more this year than last year.

Jeremy Lane (B)
- I love Lane as a slot cover guy. He has the speed to keep up with any fast or quick wr and despite his limited size he doesn' stray away from being physical

Tharold Simon (C+)
- I liked the potential that we saw in his limited time of action, but he needs to work a lot on technique. That should improve with experience in the league so I'm not concerned. What does show is Simon comes from the school of Brandon Browner. He plays with the philosophy of "they won't call it every time"...in terms of flags for holding and pass interference.

Safeties

Earl Thomas (A+)
- Just like Sherman the numbers aren't sexy, but Earl has arguably been playing at an even higher level this year. Only 1 interception (career low), but Earl still found ways to force turnovers with a career high 3 forced fumbles this season.

Kam Chancellor (B)
- Early on in the year Kam just didn't look like Kam. Once he got healthy though he became our enforcer again

Jeron Johnson (B)
- I like him as a backup. Hope he recovers from his injury soon

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas (A+)
- Just like Sherman the numbers aren't sexy, but Earl has arguably been playing at an even higher level this year. Only 1 interception (career low), but Earl still found ways to force turnovers with a career high 3 forced fumbles this season.

lSS9ZUT.jpg

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start first with offense

Quarterback

Russell Wilson (A+)
- Russell was a magician this year. His ability to escape and create plays from nothing really helped masked a lot of our offensive line deficiencies. 95 qb rating and 20 tds are both career lows, but when you take into account 850 rushing yards and 6 rushing tds...not to mention career lows in interception (7) I'd say this was by far Russell's best year

Running Backs

Marshawn Lynch (A)
- After all the talk about Marshawn's eventual decline and imminent departure from the team once the season ends...he goes out and has his 2nd best year ever with career highs in tds, receiving yards, and total first downs. The only year better (statistically at least) was 2012 when we had Okung and Unger both playing at an elite all pro level.

Here's an interesting stat. Pre Percy Harvin trade Marshawn averaged 16 carries 70 yds 0.5 tds with a 4.3 avg. Post Percy Harvin trade Marshawn averaged 18 carries 88 yards 1 td with a 4.8 avg.

Turbin/Michael (C)
- Both were solid in their roles

Wide Receivers

Doug Baldwin (B)
- Dougie got more targets and more looks this year and still caught 67 % of the balls thrown to him. Not as many big plays from Baldwin this year (career low 12.5 avg) but career highs in first downs

Jermaine Kearse (C-)
- Was hoping Kearse would emerge as more of a consistent threat this year.

Ricardo Lockette (C)
- Did well in the limited amount of time he got to play. Caught 11 of 15 balls thrown his way and it seemed like every catch was a big play. Also great on special teams.

Paul Richardson (D-)
- A disappointment to me. So much talk about Richardson's speed stretching the field for us and he finishes the year with a 9.3 avg.

Tight Ends

Luke Willson (C-)
- Out of all our receivers, tight ends and rbs, Luke Willson has the lowest catch to target percentage (22 of 40...55 %). He has so much talent but needs to be more consistent. The drops are concerning. Usually those problems stem from technique and lack of concentration and can be fixed. But in some cases it's just the player's achillies heel and will forever be a crutch in his game.

Cooper Helfet/Tony Moeaki (C-)
- They filled in and contributed when needed, but tight end is a position we could definitely improve upon. Hopefully Zack Miller can be that guy next year. He'll be the reliable blocker and Luke will be the down the field weapon.

Offensive Line

Russell Okung (D-)
- Okung hasn't played higher than a C level since the end of 2012. He's going to demand elite money once his contract is up. But has his play warranted that big of pay raise?

Max Unger (C-)
- Thought Unger played well in most of the games when he was healthy. Only problem is...he was not very healthy this year. Hopefully he will come back fresh in the playoffs and be ready to play at an all pro level again.

JR Sweezy (C)
- Sweezy was solid for us

James Carpenter (C-)
- It's so hard to grade Carpenter, because on one hand he showed a lot of improvement as a blocker. In the run game he can be a mauler. However, on the other hand he's so penalty prone and at times gets beat immediately or whiffs completely on his block.

Justin Britt (D-)
- Going against Britt was a defensive end's dream come true this year. It's like a Kobe Bryant or Lebron James being guarded one on one by Steve Nash. He did show some potential to be a mauler in the run game, but needs a lot of work on technique and pass blocking.

I actually like britt I like OL guys that play every down and fights through injury both him and sweezy have been there for us the whole season unlike the left side of the OL unger to be included. He got beat by some pretty good pass rushers this year he will get better with more experience but I think he did a fine job filling in for Breno

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have problem with too many of your grades... I'd probably tone down Russell Wilson's grade though... As much as I like the guy, he did have a few stinkers this season...I would give him a A or at worst, A-...

If you're going to hand out a A+ on offense, it has to go to Lynch...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pleasant surprised with how well Bruce Irvin has been playing the last half of the season... Seems like he's coming into his own and getting comfortable w/ his new position/role than he had in college...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pleasant surprised with how well Bruce Irvin has been playing the last half of the season... Seems like he's coming into his own and getting comfortable w/ his new position/role than he had in college...

I think Bruce Irvin can be a 7-8 sack guy playing out as lb and possibly max out at 11-12 sacks in a career year.

His size, speed, and athleticism can't be taught. Last year he looked lost because it was a completely new position for him. Now that he's more comfortable you can see the big strides he has taken

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Irvin. I think we're finally seeing a little refinement to his raw talent. Same with Jordan Hill. It's a little scary that these guys are going to be able to get better among guys like sherman, kam, and earl.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the D- grade for Paul Richardson is really rough. A 2nd round draft pick on a team that doesn't throw that much isn't likely to have big production. But he got better in the 2nd half of the season and had some really nice plays for us.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the D- grade for Paul Richardson is really rough. A 2nd round draft pick on a team that doesn't throw that much isn't likely to have big production. But he got better in the 2nd half of the season and had some really nice plays for us.

Ditto. He's emerged as Russell's first look on lots of plays int he last couple games of the season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams

D
returners never seem to get past the 20, having Earl Thomas as a punt returner, cost the rams game.

Punter Ryan- failing to get hold of the ball in both Az and Eagles games. (one cost us points). His kicking was horrible also during the eagles game.

Kicker- missed three against Az, had a blocked FG.

Its just not as good as last year and somewhere in our next draft I think our draft class will have a major impact on. For me this is our weakest area other than pass protection. Hauski (sp) and Ryan have had off days so I have no problem with them coming back but we have to clean up the mistake/get something out of our punt returners.

ET didnt return punts in the Rams game.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ET didnt return punts in the Rams game.

I wasn't saying he did but I could see how someone could read it that way now. I meant ST cost us the Rams game and ET being on punt returner earlier in the season was a WTF moment. ET didn't cost us a game but it did almost cost us him (in a different game) as he has no sense of when to fair catch as I remember he almost got blown up after one punt.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I actually like britt I like OL guys that play every down and fights through injury both him and sweezy have been there for us the whole season unlike the left side of the OL unger to be included. He got beat by some pretty good pass rushers this year he will get better with more experience but I think he did a fine job filling in for Breno

Britt was solid to good in the run game, but the dude was a turnstile in pass protection. A less mobile QB would have died back there.

I'll echo those who disagree with a D- grade for Richardson. He's a rookie who really game on late. C/C-. May not be a #1, but should be a solid WR for us going forward.

Russ had some rough moments, but still deserves an A. A- at worst.

I have a hard time giving Lynch an A+. His back just doesn't allow him to be a workhorse back any more. That said, with another back helping to shoulder the load...he's a monster. And usually very clutch. A-.

Overall I agreee with a lot of your grades. Good job.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bruce Irvin can be a 7-8 sack guy playing out as lb and possibly max out at 11-12 sacks in a career year.

His size, speed, and athleticism can't be taught. Last year he looked lost because it was a completely new position for him. Now that he's more comfortable you can see the big strides he has taken

I loved him anchoring the edge in run defense as well. He would shed and seal the outside very consistently, forcing the RB back inside where the DL and Wagner would be waiting. It doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but it was such a benefit for us.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you have to much homer pride in your grades. Giving the QB ( Russell Wilson a A= is a little to high i can tell you that right now.

QB
B- to B
His numbers for the most part were down and his completion percentage was down. The Good news is his INT's were down also. This team needs to avoid the Turnovers so him cutting down on the INT's is great, his fumbles were up though ( 11 on the season )but thankfully we didn't lose a single Russell Wilson fumble ( passing or rushing i believe )this season.

RB
B+
So many people do not give Marshawn enough credit, crazy i know. He once again was among the NFL leaders in yards after contact. It's those yards that turned a sub par run blocking Oline into one many of you thought was better at run blocking than they really are.

TE
C+
Injuries destroyed this unit this season. The Hawks Lost McCoy before the season even started then Miller goes on IR, they Lost Helfet and Willson AND Moeaki for games also. Willson had a break out game only to return to Stone hands. I believe the Two best TE on this team are Miller ( no brainer ) and McCoy but i also believe Willson can improve a ton this off season if he works hard and easily replace McCoy on that list.

OL
F to D-
This unit is so undisciplined it's not even funny. The lead the league in pre-snap penalties and killed to many good plays with stupid bone headed flags. They have had short burst of extremely great play in games just to follow it up with more bone headed flags. Their Pass blocking is some of the worst in the league and Marshawn makes them look much better than they are in run blocking. The talent is there as you see it in flashes, this group needs new direction and that means Cable needs to go.

DL/DE
Games 1-7 D+ Games 8-16 B+
We all saw the lack of pressure from this group for the first half of the season. They had to work in new players into a new rotation and it took some time. I had to grade them twice because of the night and day change from the start of the season to the end. Hill became a huge dominating factor in the last 6 games ( 5.5 sacks ) and Williams made the loss of Mebane much easier after he "figured it out". The lack of sacks and pressure hurt this team and is a contributing factor to their 4-3 start.

LBrs
A-
For many games we saw the back-ups playing tons of snaps and the level of play was down but there is no doubt that when the line-up consists of Wagner, Wright, Irvin they are a dominating force full of length, quickness and speed. This is a group of YOUNG players and they are all getting better every year but i believe Irvin is getting better faster than all the rest. This is good because he was the least talented of this three but he is closing in on them.

CB/s
A-
This group was not on it's game for more than half the season but that was because of injuries. Once fully healthy the Boom in Legion of Boom was back and they were playing at a high level. The ONLY reason they get a A- is because the turnovers were not there this season. We saw to many dropped INT's this year and for a little over half the season we saw teams passing to well against them. For a little over half the first 8 to 9 games they were giving up 300 yards and over 2 TD per game. Yes that was with Rivers, P. Manning, Romo but also included players like Cousins -.- They were truly the Legion of whom then they got their swagger back.

injuries lowered the over all grade in most of these groups but it has to be in there because this is a SEASON grade not a year end grade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opps missed the WR

WR
C+
This group played ok and have had some good games. I feel bad for this group because if the Oline was better i believe their grade would be higher. When watching film/replays you see open WR all the time the only issue is by then Russell is running for his life.