• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got my First handgun

Mac Daddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy quit, Jody got married. Shoulda known, we'd never get far.
Oh when I look back now, that summer seemed to last forever.
And if I had the choice....Yeah, I'd always want to be there.
Those were the best days of my life!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy quit, Jody got married. Shoulda known, we'd never get far.
Oh when I look back now, that summer seemed to last forever.
And if I had the choice....Yeah, I'd always want to be there.
Those were the best days of my life!
tenor.gif

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very smooth. The trigger action is the best I've ever experienced, i highly recommend this firearm
Concealed carry? I’m looking to get a .45 too but I don’t think I could go any less than a 5” barrel.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concealed carry? I’m looking to get a .45 too but I don’t think I could go any less than a 5” barrel.

yes, this is gonna be my ccw. it's perfect for the task.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the Sig P320:

I've had the compact 9mm for a few years and I like it, but since I picked up the p365XL, it's redundant. I have medium sized hands and realized the 320 is a little too wide and the bore hight is a little too high for me. The non-textured areas really start to slip after a few shots. It's also a pretty wide gun if you're concealing, especially compared to the 365, which grips my hand perfectly and has a lower bore axis.

If you're gonna carry, I can't recommend the 365xl highly enough. If you're going to carry a gun the size of a 320, you might as well get the full size IMO.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my first real six-string. Bought it at the five-and-dime.
Played it 'til my fingers bled. Was the summer of '69. Me and some guys from school, had a band and we tried real hard.
Yeah? Well, I walk these streets, a loaded six-string on my back. I’m playin’ for keeps, ‘cause I might not make it back. I’ve been everywhere and I’m standin’ tall. I’ve seen a million faces and I’ve rocked them all.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my first real six-string. Bought it at the five-and-dime.
Played it 'til my fingers bled. Was the summer of '69. Me and some guys from school, had a band and we tried real hard.

Yeah? Well, I walk these streets, a loaded six-string on my back. I’m playin’ for keeps, ‘cause I might not make it back. I’ve been everywhere and I’m standin’ tall. I’ve seen a million faces and I’ve rocked them all.

Shame on you both for the lyrical equivalent of "get a Glock!"

Counterpoint:

Bought a beat up six string, in a secondhand store
Didn't know how to play it, but he knew for sure
That one guitar, felt good in his hands
Didn't take long, to understand
Just one guitar, slung way down low
Was a one way ticket, only one way to go
So he started rockin', ain't never gonna stop
Gotta keep on rockin', someday gonna make it to the top

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size queen.

I’ve only got 3”, but they are angry.

View attachment 249731
Because of personal preference I would want a longer barrel for distance purposes. For concealed carry I have two better options than a short barrel .45 (P-07 and a SP101). Since I have some on the smaller end I’d like a longer barreled pistol eventually. I’m not knocking yours, it’s more of an I already have that sort of thing already deal.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its been a month now. Can we get an update from the OP on kill count?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of personal preference I would want a longer barrel for distance purposes. For concealed carry I have two better options than a short barrel .45 (P-07 and a SP101). Since I have some on the smaller end I’d like a longer barreled pistol eventually. I’m not knocking yours, it’s more of an I already have that sort of thing already deal.

upload_2020-8-5_8-20-15.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-5_8-19-32.gif
    upload_2020-8-5_8-19-32.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 4

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on this thread is gay with their little nickel plated sissy pistols

tenor.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying I thought bigger was better. No big deal. I didn’t realize it was only a joke. My bad.

of course it’s no big deal. This is the internets.

It was a joke/sexual innuendo about women who prefer large dicks (size queens) and men angry about having small dicks (the angry inch).

But comedic rule #1 states, if you have to explain the joke, it wasn’t funny, so my bad.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up a Taurus gc3 last week, like it so far, price is good too.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, personally, wouldn't carry a stubby or smaller .45 around in conceal carry. Full size under the arm pit sure but a stubby .45 is, how did someone put it, snappy? I'll stick with higher capacity 9mm's less recoil kick, less weight to haul around, and you can get decent, cheap ones that if they get dropped, or scratched, you don't care. I have a Ruger Lc9 I carry most often.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, personally, wouldn't carry a stubby or smaller .45 around in conceal carry. Full size under the arm pit sure but a stubby .45 is, how did someone put it, snappy? I'll stick with higher capacity 9mm's less recoil kick, less weight to haul around, and you can get decent, cheap ones that if they get dropped, or scratched, you don't care. I have a Ruger Lc9 I carry most often.

Accurate lower recoil shots are more effective than high powered misses. I have 13 rounds of 9mm on me every day. If I can't get the job done with that, it's not my day.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are some different and effective ways of conceal carrying a larger handgun such as a full size .45 ACP or a 4 inch barrel .357 Magnum revolver.

Examples:
This belt attached carry pouch with quick access by Craft Holsters is cool because it looks like a case for a tablet device and is available in four sizes, the largest which can hold up to a 10 inch handgun. I have one of these on order.
Belt Pouch With Concealed Gun Holster - Craft Holsters®

And

The PT-One and/or Trump Card holsters by Pistol Wear Holsters can accommodate larger handguns, and they have available band extensions for very large folks.
Belly Band Holster, Concealed Carry Holster For Women

Both of the above methods are body or belt attached, and will be safer from quick snatchers, as opposed to shoulder bag/purse & messenger bag type holsters which in my opinion aren't very good because a thief will go after a shoulder bag/purse/messenger bag right away in the first moments of a mugging/purse snatching.

Here is a video of the belt pouch holster by Craft Holsters. Again, I have one on order... but it takes a while to receive because they are made and shipped from Slovakia.

The Comfort Tac fanny pack holster looks decent too.
The Ultimate Fanny Pack Holster - Black

Here is an article summarizing a few different waist/fanny pack holsters.
Top 5 Best Fanny Pack Holsters for Concealed Carry in 2020 Reviews

:thumb:

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some different and effective ways of conceal carrying a larger handgun such as a full size .45 ACP or a 4 inch barrel .357 Magnum revolver.

Examples:
This belt attached carry pouch with quick access by Craft Holsters is cool because it looks like a case for a tablet device and is available in four sizes, the largest which can hold up to a 10 inch handgun. I have one of these on order.
Belt Pouch With Concealed Gun Holster - Craft Holsters®

And

The PT-One and/or Trump Card holsters by Pistol Wear Holsters can accommodate larger handguns, and they have available band extensions for very large folks.
Belly Band Holster, Concealed Carry Holster For Women

Both of the above methods are body or belt attached, and will be safer from quick snatchers, as opposed to shoulder bag/purse & messenger bag type holsters which in my opinion aren't very good because a thief will go after a shoulder bag/purse/messenger bag right away in the first moments of a mugging/purse snatching.

Here is a video of the belt pouch holster by Craft Holsters. Again, I have one on order... but it takes a while to receive because they are made and shipped from Slovakia.

The Comfort Tac fanny pack holster looks decent too.
The Ultimate Fanny Pack Holster - Black

Here is an article summarizing a few different waist/fanny pack holsters.
Top 5 Best Fanny Pack Holsters for Concealed Carry in 2020 Reviews

:thumb:
Indeed. But the op talked about a stubby .45 as an everyday carry. He needs to shoot one, feel what it is like, especially requiring the target for shot 2. I like your options if you go full size .45 carry. Hell, I have a shoulder rig for my .44 auto mag, but no way I ever carry that beast. Forget the kick, the 2 ft lick of flame out the end blinds you, heh.

With a button up shirt in summer I use a Tee shirt carry system. If in a polo, I go untucked. 4 o'clock waist.

Winter, I have a sling type bag, under the jacket, or the Tee.