• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got a cold...anyone know of a drink to clear out the sinus?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This blows....

johnshadows64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Had one a couple of weeks ago - used that Zicam stuff, and drank grapefruit-juice-and-vodka. Thing cleared up remarkably fast.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds stupid, but chemically it works. Gargle with salt water, and sniff a drop or two (of salt water) in each nostril. Do this twice a day, in the morning, and before you go to sleep.

The salt essentially makes a toxic environment for viruses/bacterium. This works better as a deterrent to getting sick in the first place, but it does help to shorten a cold after infection.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moonshine thickened and sweetened by sugar and your favorite fruit. I like the peaches. I bet if you warmed it up a bit (like the brandy), it would be even better...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Sounds stupid, but chemically it works. Gargle with salt water, and sniff a drop or two (of salt water) in each nostril. Do this twice a day, in the morning, and before you go to sleep.

The salt essentially makes a toxic environment for viruses/bacterium. This works better as a deterrent to getting sick in the first place, but it does help to shorten a cold after infection.

Do this to clear your sinuses.

I like to make a hot brandy. Check this one out:

How to Treat Colds With Hot Brandy | eHow.com

And this to get drunk..