• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gore angry at Harbaugh

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Eventually, if you go one dimensional, and THAT is your sole dimension... you'll probably get beat too. That kind of offense won't work against a defense like Carolinas... who are dominant up front, but have a pretty awful secondary... they are going to have to throw it to beat that team. Other stout teams are going to give the 49'ers in their current state fits... starting with St. Louis on Thursday night...

That should be a very interesting game... It's kind of of odd, but San Francisco is in a borderline "Must Win" on Thursday night.

Not saying go one dimensional. Just saying instead of running off of RO and pistol get back to power running like we did under Alex. We can't have all these three and outs like we do now. Our defense gets gassed by the 4th quarter. We need positive yards on first down. Power run with gore and hunter rather than running out of RO and pistol.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garsh, glad you can see all those serious flaws. Serious flaws like: terrible receivers, bad play calling, no run game, etc etc.

Kap is fine and is gonna continue to be great. How many qbs look good when their #1 receiver cannot get 3 yards from the line of scrimmage or their #1 rb is average <2ypc (like Gore was until yesterday).

He has regressed badly but you are correct, some of that poor performance is not his fault. Harbaugh is setting him for failure.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking blind? Kaep is NOT fine and certainly not great. He looks lost out there, man. He makes one read, if that read is not open he is ready to run and if the running lanes aren't open, he panicks and makes bad throws. I'm not jumping ship but lets not fool ourselves. The injuries are piling up as well. Harbaugh needs to go back to running the damn ball and stop being cute. That shit isn't working.

All quarterbacks have things that they can work on. Maybe his pre-snap reads or his progressions are where he needs to work on. I feel that a lot of his success last year was his ability to get to the first read when others didn't have the arm or wouldn't risk it. No doubt he did make some progressions and a lot of that was on video. So he is a good quarterback, I think. That doesn't mean that there aren't things that he should work on.

Just like a quarterback can't get by by running, Kaepernick can't get by his ability to throw the ball so quickly that he gets to the first read when other quarterbacks it's covered. He's working on being the full package and that takes time.

Again, I'm not trying to make it sound like this is a weakness of his, just that he can work on it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking blind? Kaep is NOT fine and certainly not great. He looks lost out there, man. He makes one read, if that read is not open he is ready to run and if the running lanes aren't open, he panicks and makes bad throws. I'm not jumping ship but lets not fool ourselves. The injuries are piling up as well. Harbaugh needs to go back to running the damn ball and stop being cute. That shit isn't working.

I agree but find it very strange since he was not doing that last year. In fact we were commenting on the difference between Alex taking one look and checking it down and Kaepernick going through his progressions. He gets in panic mode pretty quickly now.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but find it very strange since he was not doing that last year. In fact we were commenting on the difference between Alex taking one look and checking it down and Kaepernick going through his progressions. He gets in panic mode pretty quickly now.

I don't know what it is but he's rattled. They are trying to make him into something he's not, a pocket passer. That's my only conclusion. After RGIII's injuries I'm sure that Harbaugh wanted make sure that Kaep didn't suffer the same fate. He traded away Alex and now it's Kaep or bust. I don't think Colin is a pocket passer. They need to get him out of the pocket and let him run a little. That's who he is. You can't turn Brady into a read option QB...that would be funny to see though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what it is but he's rattled. They are trying to make him into something he's not, a pocket passer. That's my only conclusion. After RGIII's injuries I'm sure that Harbaugh wanted make sure that Kaep didn't suffer the same fate. He traded away Alex and now it's Kaep or bust. I don't think Colin is a pocket passer. They need to get him out of the pocket and let him run a little. That's who he is. You can't turn Brady into a read option QB...that would be funny to see though.

I think the Seattle game shook his confidence. He realized that he was getting whipped and didn't know what to do about it and I think that scared him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Regarding Gore it's not a big issue and it's something the media is blowing up.

The tendency is to think of the 49ers Montana/Walsh era as nothing but smooth sailing but that era saw it's share of adversity and tough stretches and it's not like those teams stopped supporting each other and the coaching staff.

Now regarding Kap it's clear he's not comfortable but I do think we should keep in mind that he's working with guys that he hasn't a lot of time with and guys. Also Kap himself hasn't even played a full season's worth a games yet so he himself still has a ways to go in terms of getting experience which will allow him to read defenses and go through progressions faster.

I think since the team has been so massively successful the past two seasons now any little issue is being magnified more than it needs to be.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Gore it's not a big issue and it's something the media is blowing up.

The tendency is to think of the 49ers Montana/Walsh era as nothing but smooth sailing but that era saw it's share of adversity and tough stretches and it's not like those teams stopped supporting each other and the coaching staff.

Now regarding Kap it's clear he's not comfortable but I do think we should keep in mind that he's working with guys that he hasn't a lot of time with and guys. Also Kap himself hasn't even played a full season's worth a games yet so he himself still has a ways to go in terms of getting experience which will allow him to read defenses and go through progressions faster.

I think since the team has been so massively successful the past two seasons now any little issue is being magnified more than it needs to be.

Agreed. They foolishly gave him almost no game time with any of the receivers in the pre-season. and that has made a huge difference. We were fooled by the ineptitude of the Green Bay defense but now the lack of familiarity with each other between the QB and the WRs is really evident.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agreed. They foolishly gave him almost no game time with any of the receivers in the pre-season. and that has made a huge difference. We were fooled by the ineptitude of the Green Bay defense but now the lack of familiarity with each other between the QB and the WRs is really evident.

The pre-season wouldn't have made much of a difference.

It's more of a bad combination of practically everyone being new and asked to play roles above their current talent level.

You can absorb a new guy or two to pass to but when virtually everyone on the field is either a new guy or a guy that has seen limited action on top of asking a guys more suited to be in the role of 3s and 4s to be 1s and 2s it's a bad brew your mixing.

Not to mention the guy throwing to them has limited experience himself.

I mean even a elite experienced QB like Brady is struggling with having virtually an entire new cast of guys around him that he's had little time with.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an easy fix. Go with what you did last year. That's all.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what it is....135 Million viewers saw it last Sunday night.

The 12th man clearly got into his head...I don't think he made a single throw with his feet set, and his internal clock is nowbsped up...it is what we used to see out of Tony Romo...as soon as he is forced into being a frenetic an, his effectiveness tanks.

Will be hard to get it back vs the Rams....but don't worry.

My Cardinals and their non existent pass rush await.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pre-season wouldn't have made much of a difference.
It's more of a bad combination of practically everyone being new and asked to play roles above their current talent level.

You can absorb a new guy or two to pass to but when virtually everyone on the field is either a new guy or a guy that has seen limited action on top of asking a guys more suited to be in the role of 3s and 4s to be 1s and 2s it's a bad brew your mixing.

Not to mention the guy throwing to them has limited experience himself.

I mean even a elite experienced QB like Brady is struggling with having virtually an entire new cast of guys around him that he's had little time with.

When all the guys are new to each other like with the 49ers, it should make a big difference.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All quarterbacks have things that they can work on. Maybe his pre-snap reads or his progressions are where he needs to work on. I feel that a lot of his success last year was his ability to get to the first read when others didn't have the arm or wouldn't risk it. No doubt he did make some progressions and a lot of that was on video. So he is a good quarterback, I think. That doesn't mean that there aren't things that he should work on.

Just like a quarterback can't get by by running, Kaepernick can't get by his ability to throw the ball so quickly that he gets to the first read when other quarterbacks it's covered. He's working on being the full package and that takes time.

Again, I'm not trying to make it sound like this is a weakness of his, just that he can work on it.

Maybe next offseason Kaep should spend more time in the film room instead of the weight room.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next offseason Kaep should spend more time in the film room instead of the weight room.

Or in front of the cameras, for that matter. I didn't have a problem with the publicity because I bought into his work ethic - AND I STILL BELIEVE HE WORKS AS HARD IF NOT HARDER THAN OTHER QBS. But something bugs me about it. Yes, the loss stings but the way we did does too. I blame injuries and playcalling more than Kaepernick, but they all have blame.

Again, I don't think the publicity is the reason for the struggles or that Kaepernick is the reason for the losses. But I expected more from him, even against Seattle on the road. I don't like the perception of believing in his legend/stardom, even if the perception is not true.