• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gore and Cowboy

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted a ring for them so badly. I fear one or both may not be back next year.

Gore looked done at the end of the year and it hurts to say that.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
same here. really wanted a ring for them. Smith might have a shot still but yeah, Gore looks to be just about done.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted a ring for them so badly. I fear one or both may not be back next year.

I was thinking of making a post about these 2. You beat me to it.

I agree gore looked tired a lot this year. We over used him way more than we should have. I hope he will wanna restructure and he can split carries with hunter/ lattimore

Cowboy probably has another good year or 2 in him. He has been playing banged up since last year but we did a good job of rotating guys in this year.

Hopefully we can get these guys a ring. But I have been wondering how these last 3 years have to just tire you out mentally coming up short like that. But these guys are competitors.

Hopefully we can get them a ring next year if they are both on the team that is.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Gore means losing a 6th linemen on passing downs. Hope Lattimore and Hunter are ready.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough to say if it is Gore or the O Line that is the problem. Gore has guys all over him at the line of scrimmage. I think the O Line just does a very poor job of run blocking against the better teams,

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the closing media sessions tomorrow?

Will be interesting what a lot of players will say. Especially these two guys.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy is signed through 2016. He's also playing at a very high level, he'll be around.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy is signed through 2016. He's also playing at a very high level, he'll be around.

Just because he is signed doesn't mean he couldn't retire. I doubt he will as I still see another couple good years out of him. But I wouldn't be surprised.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, Gore looked worn out. Why did they do that? They figured it out with cowboy and macdonald, give them some rest but they played our ancient-for-rbs rb too much. Not a wise policy.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Justin Smith is done quite yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Gore retired however.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough to say if it is Gore or the O Line that is the problem. Gore has guys all over him at the line of scrimmage. I think the O Line just does a very poor job of run blocking against the better teams,

I don't remember a game this year where they went up against a really good run defense and just took it to them. The last part of the season Gore had no where to run.

I was thinking of making a post about these 2. You beat me to it.

I agree gore looked tired a lot this year. We over used him way more than we should have. I hope he will wanna restructure and he can split carries with hunter/ lattimore

Cowboy probably has another good year or 2 in him. He has been playing banged up since last year but we did a good job of rotating guys in this year.

Hopefully we can get these guys a ring. But I have been wondering how these last 3 years have to just tire you out mentally coming up short like that. But these guys are competitors.

Hopefully we can get them a ring next year if they are both on the team that is.

I think the bolded part is something that is good for the team. It is frustrating to come so close, but I think it hardens the team. Sucks, because last year should have been #6, but nobody showed up for the first 35 minutes of the game.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't remember a game this year where they went up against a really good run defense and just took it to them. The last part of the season Gore had no where to run.

I think the bolded part is something that is good for the team. It is frustrating to come so close, but I think it hardens the team. Sucks, because last year should have been #6, but nobody showed up for the first 35 minutes of the game.

Yes last year's Superbowl path was WAY easier than this years:

Packers at home, at Altanta, Ravens
(no real scary team in the bunch, all beatable)

vs

at Packers, at Carolina, at Seattle, vs Denver
(playing #2 and #1 defense on the road, followed by arguably the best offense ever assembled that should have beat the Ravens last year easily but the Ravens got lucky)

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes last year's Superbowl path was WAY easier than this years:

Packers at home, at Altanta, Ravens
(no real scary team in the bunch, all beatable)

vs

at Packers, at Carolina, at Seattle, vs Denver
(playing #2 and #1 defense on the road, followed by arguably the best offense ever assembled that should have beat the Ravens last year easily but the Ravens got lucky)

Ravens got lucky? These types of sayings always bother me. They made their so called luck. There was a whole game that Denver could have put them away, but the Ravens played em tough to be in position to win on a deep pass that was called for the reason that resulted.

Not luck

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my biggest points of contention this season was the use of Gore, or rather, the overuse of Gore when we had a (as far as we know) healthy and quite capable Kendall Hunter who was simply gathering dust on the sidelines.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will be back, and Gore should come back and be our 3rd down back because he can catch the ball and pass block really well. It is time for Hunter to get some carries, he looks good when he is in and looks real quick with his cuts

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Gore looked worn out. Why did they do that? They figured it out with cowboy and macdonald, give them some rest but they played our ancient-for-rbs rb too much. Not a wise policy.

The others are not good enough at picking up blitzes yet.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hunter works on his pass blocking so he can get more carries. He showed some burst this season, but I guess the coaches didn't trust his pass blocking. I also hope Gore comes back. Maybe limit his touches to 10-12 per game to keep him fresh. I'm anxious to see what Hunter and Lattimore can do next season.