• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goran Dragic to Chicago?

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gmat,

I understand what you are are saying, but Magic Johnson is a top five player in NBA history that is 6'9" and could play every position. The Heat have two of the top five players in the NBA as well as Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, and a host of great role players. Their starting lineup consists of three fifths of Team USA's starting lineup if you start Bosh. It is almost not even fair. Plus the Heat have the most physical defense probably in the league and their athleticism is above everyone else. Their team has three of the best players in NBA history in James, Wade, and Allen who are shoe-ins for the hall of fame. Plus James and Wade are still in their primes.

My point is that I think that Dragic and Bledsoe are just too small to be the starting backcourt. Plus Jason Kidd and Kevin Johnson are far superior players to them, it is not even close. Bledsoe probably has star potential and Dragic is really good, but Kidd is a hall of famer with three finals appearances, one championship, and Olympic gold. And KJ hast a plethora of accolades as well. With that being said, those teams with KJ and Kidd never even got close to a championship at the end of the day, so it does not even matter.

The Suns are playing better than anyone expected and look nowhere near the worst team in the league like they were pegged to be. In fact, they are probably closer to a playoff team than a bottom feeder. However, the organization has even touched on how they do not know if you can win a championship with two pg's starting. We will have to wait and see.

As far as the Dragic/Frye for Deng trade goes, I am not even a fan of Deng, the trade will be done for salary cap relief and to open the sg spot for Archie Goodwin. I am a huge fan of Goodwin and I think he should be given 20+ minutes a game with him and Gerald Green getting all of the sg minutes. Plus I do not like Frye and would love for the Suns to trade him. Dragic would fit in perfectly on the Bulls too. They should probably throw in a 1st round pick honestly because Dragic is entering his prime, is playing fantastic, and signed for a few more years at a great price. Swapping Dragic/Frye for Deng would probably keep the Bulls as a top team.

When it comes to who the Suns would sign with all their cap space, I have no idea. They could even sign one-year deals this offseason and wait for the following year. Depends on who is available.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for cap reasons, so I'd be okay with it, but I love the Dragon...kind of hate to see him go.

Not a big fan of Goodwin or Green. I think Green could be a great bench guy if he was willing to accept his role...he seems to make a horrible mistake for every amazing play he makes. We just tend to focus on his good plays because they are often highlight worthy.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for cap reasons, so I'd be okay with it, but I love the Dragon...kind of hate to see him go.

Not a big fan of Goodwin or Green. I think Green could be a great bench guy if he was willing to accept his role...he seems to make a horrible mistake for every amazing play he makes. We just tend to focus on his good plays because they are often highlight worthy.

Goodwin is 19 and has shown he can get to the basket. Strong body, and working with Hornaseck he could be a great player. He has a bunch of upside.

I know its highlights but it shows what he can do.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is 27 this is as good as he will get. Unless he continues to improve his shot. Green could be a great trade piece even though I love his dunks.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is 27 this is as good as he will get. Unless he continues to improve his shot. Green could be a great trade piece even though I love his dunks.

I want to keep Green too. He is about the only reason we make the highlight reels. BEST dunker in the league this season hands down.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's our leading 3 point shooter too. Green is a vital piece to this team right now.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont want Deng I want that Bobcats pick. If Rose never got hurt. Dragic as a 6th man, could make them a contender they needed a scorer off the bench, if Rose played like he did before his first acl tear they would of been a top 2 team in the east easily even without Dragic.

If we are going to trade Dragic I like more of what the Jazz have. I mean if they dont want Hayward and dont plan on resigning him I like him.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Turner and Gordon Hayward are the only free agents I like. Especially if we trade Dragic on draft day which is what im expecting. Then we could use free agency to stock pile some assests getting Turner or Hayward for the right price. Offer a little above what the Sixers are offering Turner and vice versa for Hayward, just make sure its not a max contract or anything. Take Free agency as a chance to get a player for less than what they actually are. Then Turner and Hayward have some good trade value, I dont know just take some chances in free agency. Dont go all out like we did with Eric Gordon. Because if a team doesn't resign a Turner or Hayward when we offer them a max or above there value then we could be screwed.

Turner and Hayward are the only free agents I like especially to fill the 2 guard spot once Dragic is traded on draft night. Even though I hope Dragic and Bledsoe can work together.

First order of business is to resign Bledsoe though. We should of already given him a max. I understand seeing what hes worth.............. But we should of already known how good he can be from practice, analytics, etc.

Minnesota would love a stretch 4/5 and need a 3 point shooter, they would gladly take Frye. This would help there playoff chances. Need to get rid of his contract.

Anyone know how much we can spend in free agency? When Frye is gone?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Turner and Gordon Hayward are the only free agents I like. Especially if we trade Dragic on draft day which is what im expecting. Then we could use free agency to stock pile some assests getting Turner or Hayward for the right price. Offer a little above what the Sixers are offering Turner and vice versa for Hayward, just make sure its not a max contract or anything. Take Free agency as a chance to get a player for less than what they actually are. Then Turner and Hayward have some good trade value, I dont know just take some chances in free agency. Dont go all out like we did with Eric Gordon. Because if a team doesn't resign a Turner or Hayward when we offer them a max or above there value then we could be screwed.

Turner and Hayward are the only free agents I like especially to fill the 2 guard spot once Dragic is traded on draft night. Even though I hope Dragic and Bledsoe can work together.

First order of business is to resign Bledsoe though. We should of already given him a max. I understand seeing what hes worth.............. But we should of already known how good he can be from practice, analytics, etc.

It doesn't matter if we sign Bledsoe now or later because he's restricted so we can just match any offer. Right?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is perfect in this system though. And reminds people of Hornaseck are current coach. He would be the perfect fit for Bledsoe in the back court. Because he can spot up shoot which would allow the ball to be in Bledsoes hand.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if we sign Bledsoe now or later because he's restricted so we can just match any offer. Right?

Yea but still............. It would of been nice to lock him up now................ Just so he doesn't pull an Eric Gordon.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx87atIFbKI]Gordon Hayward blocks back-to-back dunk attempts vs. Celtics (Mar 28, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing though Dragic played for Slovenia in Euro Basket which was a lot of games. So he didn't get a lot of time to work on individual skills, such as finishing, 3 point shot, and footwork. I kind of want to give him another year, because a full off season not playing full games, would allow him to work on individual skills which would help him become a complete player. Hes improving year in and year out to. And hes already having his best year.

Last edited by a moderator:

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the tanks to roll! We need to position ourselves for Wiggins/Parker/Randle immediately!!!

... that would be the primary motivation, I agree. However, the Suns played quite well with Bledsoe and without Dragic this season (in a small sample, obviously). In that case, trading Dragic, especially in a deal that yields a quality player such as Deng, would not necessarily cause the ship to sink and the better option may be to explore the upside of the Bledsoe-Dragic tandem.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic and Bledsoe are so fast. I wonder what happened to Dragics 3 point shot. I think he should of worked on individual skills rather than play for Slovenia give him another off season.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota would love a stretch 4/5 and need a 3 point shooter, they would gladly take Frye. This would help there playoff chances. Need to get rid of his contract.

Anyone know how much we can spend in free agency? When Frye is gone?

As restricted free agents, though, the chances of the Suns landing Turner or Heyward seem slim.

Perusing the list of unrestricted free agents next summer, I see virtually no one who would be both attractive and viable.

NBA free agents in 2014 and 2015 - ESPN

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMATCa how about DeRozan? Hes in the worse offense in the nba, no spacing, no run n gun, no flow, and he still puts up good numbers. In the suns offense I bet he could be a superstar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQViIXuMq6U]DeMar DeRozan Full Highlights 2013.11.26 vs Nets - 27 Pts. - YouTube[/ame]

Finally developed a 3.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As restricted free agents, though, the chances of the Suns landing Turner or Heyward seem slim.

Perusing the list of unrestricted free agents next summer, I see virtually no one who would be both attractive and viable.

NBA free agents in 2014 and 2015 - ESPN

According to that list, Lamarcus Aldridge and Marc Gasol will be unrestricted free agents in 2015, and Kevin Love has a player option that year which he will most likely opt-out of. All three of those guys are big time free agents that are worth the max. If you have enough money, you could even sign two of them if you get lucky. Gasol at center and Love or Aldridge at power forward.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to that list, Lamarcus Aldridge and Marc Gasol will be unrestricted free agents in 2015, and Kevin Love has a player option that year which he will most likely opt-out of. All three of those guys are big time free agents that are worth the max. If you have enough money, you could even sign two of them if you get lucky. Gasol at center and Love or Aldridge at power forward.

Aldridge and Gasol are to old and don't fit the system. Love is intriguing though. Its about playing Suns basketball and that's run n gun style. The style that old Suns coach MacLeod made there system and style of play many years ago and it stuck during all of the Colangelo years and lasted until the end of the Nash era when the ownership added slow and un athletic players like Scola, and Gortat. Love is a great fit in that system, but were about being the best and most exciting teams like all the successful suns teams, "Run with your Suns". Love would fit perfectly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbzPOnwZCGg]Back To The Future - YouTube[/ame]

Honor our past don't sign old unathetic slow pokes. This is Suns basketball!