• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodwin takes pay cut

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet but apparently Goodwin agreed to a pay cut. It appears he wants to stay on the team.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible but I think it is more realistic to think Kilgore takes it.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw this one coming. Goodwin will stay on board and I believe barring injury, he will remain the starting center. Next year Kilgore or Looney will take over.

Depending on how camp battles go maybe Whitner or Rogers will be asked next to take a pay cut. I would be willing to bet at least one of them will. They are simply overpaid for their age/production. NFL teams have a surprising amount of leverage here to make older players take pay cuts IMHO. Time is on the team's side too they can wait as training camp progresses and then say "take a paycut or else we're gonna go with this younger guy".

Whitner has Dahl, Reid, and the other safeties to contend with. Rogers has a bunch of CBs to contend with including Asomugha. Asomugha's been lining up as a starting CB given that Brown is not at camp.

Also I would back up the dump truck full of money and frontload Iupati's deal.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He took a paycut so we had room for the draft class signing. We also signed Tank and McDonald. Rogers is paid on the cheap for a pro bowl CB. 5 mil is not astronomical, unless his production dips significantly. Also he outplayed his one year rental by a mile so he may not be inclined to take a salary reduction. Whitner is the field general, and 3 mil is not overpaying for his locker room leadership and ability to groom Reid. Compare to Dahl's backup contract if you like.
After Goodwin restructured I don't see anyone as being significantly overpaid right now.