• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodmorning Everybody!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's it hanging? Early rise for me today, at work since 7:30.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox Re-Sign Dylan Axelrod

The White Sox have re-signed right-hander Dylan Axelrod to a minor league contract, according to the team's official transactions page. Axelrod is a represented by Prodigal Sports Group.
The 28-year-old Axelrod appeared in a career-high 30 games for the White Sox in 2013 (20 starts), posting a 5.68 ERA with 5.1 K/9, 3.0 BB/9 and a 40.3 percent ground-ball rate in a career-high 128 1/3 innings. Axelrod found himself very prone to the home run, averaging 1.7 homers per nine innings pitched. Part of his struggles could be velocity-related, as Axelrod averaged 88.1 mph on his fastball last season.
The White Sox non-tendered Axelrod on Dec. 2 despite the fact that he's not yet arbitration eligible. Though they apparently wanted to free up a 40-man roster spot, the White Sox clearly see potential in Axelrod. Chicago signed him out of independent ball after he was released by the Padres, and he's posted a sub-3.00 ERA in the minors for the Sox since that signing. In 188 1/3 innings at Triple-A, Axelrod has a 2.58 ERA with 8.0 K/9 and 2.5 BB/9.
Axelrod will serve as a nice depth piece for the White Sox and could compete with Andre Rienzo, Erik Johnson and Eric Surkamp for a rotation spot in 2014. Chris Sale, Jose Quintana and John Danks are all locks for Chicago's rotation, and Felipe Paulino figures to get a crack at the rotation as well after sigining a one-year deal worth $1.75MM.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners Close To Deal With John Buck

The Mariners are close to a deal with free agent catcher John Buck, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (via Twitter). Buck, 33, is represented by the ACES agency.
The backstop played out the last year of a three-year, $18MM contract last season. After originally signing that deal with the Marlins, Buck was dealt from the Blue Jays to the Mets, and then to the Pirates. Buck raced out to a hot start in 2013 -- he had a .844 OPS and 9 home runs in April -- but faded over the course of the year. He saw only 24 plate appearances in his late-season stint in Pittsburgh, and ultimately ended the 2013 campaign with a .219/.285/.362 line and 15 home runs over 431 plate appearances. Buck has appeared in at least 100 games in eight of the last nine seasons and has a lifetime .701 OPS.
As things stand for Seattle, young catcher Mike Zunino figures to be the club's primary catching option for 2014 (and beyond), with 25-year-old Jesus Sucre and veteran Humberto Quintero also in the mix. At first glance, Buck would presumably fit in as Zunino's backup if a deal is consummated. On the other hand, as MLBTR's Aaron Steen has noted, the unseasoned Zunino could probably stand to spend more time in the minors or in a reduced role, and Buck's long history as a starter makes him a plausible candidate to see significant time behind the big league dish.

Loved his time as a Met last year. Guy killed it the first two months of the season, cooled off before dealing him with Byrd to Pittsburgh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're telling me!!

Only good thing is i'm out at 4:30 and going to the Ranger game tonight!

I had a chance to see the Celtics last night. I laughed and refused instead. I wish death upon danny ainge. we are the boston Celtics, we should always be a contender every year. the other elite teams are, we should be too.

looks like another night of work until 7pm

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact a-roid is suing MLB and MLBPA. he should win this easily.

bud selig is old and should have retired years ago. I can't stand it when elderly keep these high paying jobs. it doesn't help our economy.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a chance to see the Celtics last night. I laughed and refused instead. I wish death upon danny ainge. we are the boston Celtics, we should always be a contender every year. the other elite teams are, we should be too.

looks like another night of work until 7pm

Ohh damnnn lol Whether or not my team sucks or is good, i'll still attend games, even for the Mets lol

But I do agree that they should always be a contender.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning, fellas. Go Broncos!

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dream of a life when I only go to work when I am actually feeling ready, willing, and able to do so.

2nd shift!

I use to wake up whenever I wanted to, no alarm clock. went to work or went grocery shopping before work with no traffic, ever. it was great.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all!

Hey D, just been reading some stuff about the Rangers going with a platoon at DH this year, using the lefty Moreland against RHPs and some yet to be determined righty against LHPs. This topic has been discussed quite a bit on the Rangers board, with some posters saying that a DH platoon has little history of success. I think that might be right, but I'm curious what you or others in this thread have to say about that.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night and it was fucking fantastic. Also pretty fucking cool that his second job as a broker took place 15 minutes from where I live here on Long Island!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey D, just been reading some stuff about the Rangers going with a platoon at DH this year, using the lefty Moreland against RHPs and some yet to be determined righty against LHPs. This topic has been discussed quite a bit on the Rangers board, with some posters saying that a DH platoon has little history of success. I think that might be right, but I'm curious what you or others in this thread have to say about that.

I could see where a D.H platoon would not work. My angle would be in the inactivity of the players in the platoon. A lot of guys in the past have struggled just to be a full time D.H, as some have a hard time producing only so often. The same reason why it is hard to be a solid pinch hitter. However, I would think that the Rangers would not just have a D.H platoon, but maybe 4 guys to rotate the D.H/1B/OF spots, so each guys gets decent playing time. That would work. A straight and only D.H platoon, I see problems.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night and it was fucking fantastic. Also pretty fucking cool that his second job as a broker took place 15 minutes from where I live here on Long Island!

Cool. I'm looking forward to that. Scorsese is the man!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would have thunk that Martin Scorsese would do soft core ****? I am looking forward to this one myself.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see where a D.H platoon would not work. My angle would be in the inactivity of the players in the platoon. A lot of guys in the past have struggled just to be a full time D.H, as some have a hard time producing only so often. The same reason why it is hard to be a solid pinch hitter. However, I would think that the Rangers would not just have a D.H platoon, but maybe 4 guys to rotate the D.H/1B/OF spots, so each guys gets decent playing time. That would work. A straight and only D.H platoon, I see problems.

Good points. I could see how the inactivity could be a problem. Makes sense that a guy needs pretty consistent playing time to stay sharp.