• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell on various topics

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mark Long of the Associated Press:

Goodell says future NFL schedule options include 18 & 2 as well as 16 & 2 "in the next couple years."

Goodell says NFL still hasn't "found the right solution for the Pro Bowl."

Goodell says Jaguars have requested to have a home game every year during Veterans week. "It's on our radar screen and we'd like to do it."

Goodell says legalization of marijuana in two states has no affect on NFL players & rules. "It's in our collective bargaining agreement."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Long of the Associated Press:

Goodell says future NFL schedule options include 18 & 2 as well as 16 & 2 "in the next couple years."

Goodell says NFL still hasn't "found the right solution for the Pro Bowl."

Goodell says Jaguars have requested to have a home game every year during Veterans week. "It's on our radar screen and we'd like to do it."

Goodell says legalization of marijuana in two states has no affect on NFL players & rules. "It's in our collective bargaining agreement."

Either the 16/2 or the 18/2 works great for me. I assume they will increase the # of players allowed on the PS to make up for lost evaluation time.

The right solution for the pro-bowl is simple - dump it! Maybe Roger could really piss off MLB and the NBA by staging an Academy Awards style sealed ballot NFL All-Pro Awards show which would include other things like Greatest catch of the season, Greatest Rush of the season, Best hit of the season (Goldson on Doucet) Best O'Line (49ers), I'd watch.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What Goodell said about the legalization of marijuana is exactly what I've been telling people. Players in any sports league aren't gonna be able to smoke per the CBA. Heck, even in my employee agreement I'm supposed to stay drug free (unless medically cleared). Decriminalization is a start, but it's gonna take much longer for employers to allow it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Goodell said about the legalization of marijuana is exactly what I've been telling people. Players in any sports league aren't gonna be able to smoke per the CBA. Heck, even in my employee agreement I'm supposed to stay drug free (unless medically cleared). Decriminalization is a start, but it's gonna take much longer for employers to allow it.

I'm all for legalizing pot, but I hope the NFL continues to disallow it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I read Goodell's comments I wondered how long it would be before someone challenged the CBA on legal or even constitutional grounds.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When I read Goodell's comments I wondered how long it would be before someone challenged the CBA on legal or even constitutional grounds.

You can't challenge the CBA on "constitutional" grounds as the constitution has very little to do with employer/employee contracts (which is what the CBA is essentially). The constitution simply sets out the parameters for how the government interacts with citizens and has very little to do with how citizens can interact with one another (there are some exceptions to this rather broad statement though). I realize I may be nit picking on your statement a bit, but this is something I hear quite often and just had to clarify a bit.