• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell made $29.5M in 2011

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty nice salary.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The NFL's Highest-Paid Players - Forbes

Goodell would have been the highest paid player had he actually played football.

Somehow, the salary doesn't quite match the performance.

Paul Soliai - Highest Paid NFL Players - Forbes

"Miami Dolphins Defensive Tackle 2011 Salary: $12.4 million Soliai has been effective but also plagued by weight problems since going fourth overall in the 2007 draft. The Dolphins designated him their franchise player and gave him a generous one year deal while debating a long term commitment."

You can tell these people don't actually follow football.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Miami Dolphins Defensive Tackle 2011 Salary: $12.4 million Soliai has been effective but also plagued by weight problems since going fourth overall in the 2007 draft. The Dolphins designated him their franchise player and gave him a generous one year deal while debating a long term commitment."

Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez are in the top seven of highest paid players in the NFL.

I'm definitely in the wrong line of work. Hey, I can be terrible at my job. Give me $10M. You'd be getting a deal.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is goodell improving the nfl? i haven't seen the numbers but it seems like the nfl is on auto pilot.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is goodell improving the nfl? i haven't seen the numbers but it seems like the nfl is on auto pilot.

The answer would depend on how you define improving?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good catch - an honest mistake on the part of Forbes since what they obviously meant to say was that he was taken in the 4th round.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer would depend on how you define improving?

the obvious answer always comes to $, not fan experience, etc
has growth accelerated under his watch compared to the 10 year average prior ?

No idea

Do know he is ruining the game from my experience as a fan.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the obvious answer always comes to $, not fan experience, etc
has growth accelerated under his watch compared to the 10 year average prior ?

No idea

Do know he is ruining the game from my experience as a fan.

Well, the NFL and its franchises are businesses, so of course money is going to be a driving force behind what does and doesn't happen.

Not sure growth from an 'additional team' perspective would have been a good idea thus far under his tenure, all things considered. The league has added six teams since 1970. Fan growth has skyrocketed if you want to give him any credit for that.

I haven't observed Goodell under a microscope, so I'm more neutral on him - neither for or against. I do know I would not want to deal with a lot of what he has on his plate.

How is he ruining the game from your experience - honest question.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL ever does away with the Kickoffs, I'm done as a fan.

Goodell's tenure will be remembered most as publicly having to deal with safety-awareness, and erratic fine-levying IMO.

The by-product of that, is a "softer" game. By the time they are done, it could be a glorified flag-football game, or worse, the Pro-Bowl:)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL ever does away with the Kickoffs, I'm done as a fan.

Goodell's tenure will be remembered most as publicly having to deal with safety-awareness, and erratic fine-levying IMO.

The by-product of that, is a "softer" game. By the time they are done, it could be a glorified flag-football game, or worse, the Pro-Bowl:)

Some are beginning to say the NFL could be extinct in 20-30 years. The NFL, as a product, was built on a reputation it can no longer afford on many levels to uphold.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the dumbest bunch of nonsense I've heard an athlete say all year.

I can see President Obama saying that he wouldn't want his child playing football, but a football player doing so? It's like me telling my son not get into medicine because it's too hard. :wtf2:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yoshi, are you the same Yoshi from the old BSPN forum, or are you just the regular Yoshi who eats eggs & gives Mario a ride from time to time?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoshi, are you the same Yoshi from the old BSPN forum, or are you just the regular Yoshi who eats eggs & gives Mario a ride from time to time?

Who the hell is Mario?

p.s. I've given up video games a long time ago, but those Modern Warfare games on the new gen consoles, good grief it's time to put the women and children to bed and play some video games.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who the hell is Mario?

yoshimario.png