• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell is just looking out for player safety

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it not hypocritical? Goodell has diluted defensive football when it comes to hitting WRs and QBs in the name of safety, yet is hellbent on adding more games to the regular season, more games to the playoffs, more games overseas, and more games on Thursdays when players have shorter times to recover.

Goodell is claiming he's all about players safety, but his suggestions and aims are anything but. That is the epitome of hypocritical.

• Dilluted defense leads to more vertical offense and points scored leading to more ratings and more money.
  • "Protecting" QBs and WRs keeps marquee players on the field which leads to more money.
  • More regular season games leads to more money.
  • More playoff games leads to more money.
  • More cities lead to more money (according to them).
  • Public lip service as a means of getting ahead of the player safety issue will (theoretically) help them keep that money.

His claims about concern for player safety are disingenuous, we certainly agree there, but all of his actions are (at least to me) single minded and therefore not hypocritical.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Dilluted defense leads to more vertical offense and points scored leading to more ratings and more money.
  • "Protecting" QBs and WRs keeps marquee players on the field which leads to more money.
  • More regular season games leads to more money.
  • More playoff games leads to more money.
  • More cities lead to more money (according to them).
  • Public lip service as a means of getting ahead of the player safety issue will (theoretically) help them keep that money.

His claims about concern for player safety are disingenuous, we certainly agree there, but all of his actions are (at least to me) single minded and therefore not hypocritical.

You don't make any sense. Do you know what hypocritical means?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't make any sense. Do you know what hypocritical means?

Yes, I'm familiar.

I think where we differ is you see his disingenuous moves and talk regarding player safety as simply pretending to care whereas I see it as just another way to keep making more and more money. Therefore I don't see too much contrast with all the other money making initiatives on his agenda.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
from a fantasy football perspective, i like the bye weeks?

fantasy football has certainly helped 'elevate' the interest.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eliminating the bye weeks is just crazy. Almost as stupid as a Thursday night game every week. Please keep throwing a shitty product out every Thursday NFL ya greedy basterds.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I love Thursday Night football; more days in the year with NFL football is ok with me.

Getting rid of the bye week is not ok though. That's messed up. The NFL is doing amazingly the way it is. I don't want to see it watered down with more games (and more injuries).

And people don't ignore preseason games because the best players don't play very much in them. They ignore preseason games because THEY'RE PRESEASON GAMES!!!! They don't count.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Thursday Night football; more days in the year with NFL football is ok with me.

Getting rid of the bye week is not ok though. That's messed up. The NFL is doing amazingly the way it is. I don't want to see it watered down with more games (and more injuries).

And people don't ignore preseason games because the best players don't play very much in them. They ignore preseason games because THEY'RE PRESEASON GAMES!!!! They don't count.

Someone was talking to me about Thursday Night games and he suggested that all TNF games would be at home. I guess he didn't think that through because someone has to be away, unless its the Jets and Giants. I thought he meant that the previous game or the next game for one of the two, but when I tried to add that, he said that wasn't what he meant. It wouldn't be any benefit really for it to have the next game at home, because that would be a long week anyway.

They could work the schedules to lower airtime between games, like we'd play the Saints after playing the Rams or something. And the Saints would have a road game against Atlanta the week before.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eliminating the bye weeks is just crazy. Almost as stupid as a Thursday night game every week. Please keep throwing a shitty product out every Thursday NFL ya greedy basterds.

agree on Thursday night games, rather not have it. think it makes it hard for teams playing on short rest, and less preparation. the obvious example is two years ago, when the 49ers traveled to Baltimore.

don't feel the benefit of a few more days rest AFTER the game, is any where close to the detriment.