• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell called out by CNN anchor

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an obvious conflict of interest and it isn't going to get resolved unless they're forced to do something about it. Do you think an idiot like Goodell has a problem with an obviously disfunctional setup when he's making 40 million+ a year? Everyone has this false idea that the NFL FO is somehow the keeper of the game when in reality it's just an org that's looking out for the owners best interests. In MBL and the NBA they're held in check to an extend by the players unions but the NFLPA is just way too weak.

How can it be a conflict of interest. The owners want a representative that makes them money and deflects the crap away from them. He's doing exactly what they want.

If McDonalds starts selling lizard lip sandwiches and we don't like it - we quit buying

If the League screws up, we get mad and keep watching.....

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too cozy with some teams owners in my book.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is the master of deflection.

Marshawn had his 5 min press conference saying nothing. Goodell just topped him. He just had an hour press conference answering questions without really saying anything either.

"Im just here so I wont get fired"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't he will find anything. The Cheatriots have paid who they need to pay. The lies will make sure there is no evidence.

And Brady could not tell a difference with the ball.....RIGHT...

Ok, I'm thinking you are a Rams fan but they left town but not before losing the SB to the Patriots.
You jumped on the Giants bandwagon when they beat your hated Pats
Giants have been miserable so you jumped on the Denver bandwagon after last years AFCCG win, only to have the Patriots knock out Denver and now you have to watch them play in the Superbowl again!!!!!
You got it bad kid. What a trail of tears....

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have grabbed a homeless guy off the street and handed him a microphone.

Whatever question he asked would instantly have more credibility then CNN.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell isn't liked but profits are up, viewership is up. His real job is going well. NFLPA meanwhile approved the last CBA that gave Goodell his power, every team but one voted yes. The lone no vote voted no because Commissioner was getting too much power with no checks and balances. Don't hate Goodell, it's the office and any man in it will have the power to administer justice as they see fit!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's was Goodells presser and he was asked a question by a CNN reporter. Not a CNN broadcast. :L

Watch the video

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's was Goodells presser and he was asked a question by a CNN reporter. Not a CNN broadcast. :L

Watch the video

Which they then aired on CNN with a live shot of that reporter discussing the question she asked.

Who the hell do you think sent her in there? Do you think she was on her lunch break and stumbled into the Goodell conference?

Good lord.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Goodell's defense, he called Kraft's hand when he insisted that it was his job to investigate reports of cheating. Kraft was trying to intimidate the NFL with his "I expect an apology" BS.

Maybe Roger has heard from the other 31 owners who are tired of the Cheatriot bending and breaking rules?

Tom Brady; "I HAD NO IDEA THE BALL HAD BEEN DEFLATED!" :lame::lame:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can it be a conflict of interest. The owners want a representative that makes them money and deflects the crap away from them. He's doing exactly what they want.

If McDonalds starts selling lizard lip sandwiches and we don't like it - we quit buying

If the League screws up, we get mad and keep watching.....

Congrats...you have just identified the problem...hitting the nail squarely on the head.

The concept of the role of commissioner is now lost...at least in the NFL. He isn't supposed to represent the owners. A commissioner is supposed to work with impartiality, for the best interest and integrity of the sport.

Good-dull is a glorified cheerleader for the billionaire owners. And his partisanship toward THEM was as big a reason as any for the last lockout.

Where is Kennesaw Mountain Landis when you need him?

Oh, yeah...dead. Long dead, actually. :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which they then aired on CNN with a live shot of that reporter discussing the question she asked.

Who the hell do you think sent her in there? Do you think she was on her lunch break and stumbled into the Goodell conference?

If u watched the link the OP posted, it was Goodell's presser and it was a dam good question. Not sure wtf u are talking about. Plenty of networks and newspapers were there asking questions. Not just CNN

Mcfly?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not a CNN fan at all. But it got right to the point.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have grabbed a homeless guy off the street and handed him a microphone.

Whatever question he asked would instantly have more credibility then CNN.

CNN's ratings are dropping faster than a wounded duck.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch the video

Are you confused? Everybody knew what it was.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other qb would get suspended for lying

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no fan of Goodell but I thought he answered the question pretty well.

Me too. The whole question was stupid. He has to pay somebody to do the investigation. Should he have tried to make the NFLPA pay for it? The Colts by themselves? Ravens? (Deflategate and Ray Rice) The Saints in the past?

And now, if anything is found against the NFL for these things, he has to keep this investigator - because if he doesn't hire Wells in the future, people will say that he fired them because of the results. If there's no fault found, then he cooked the books. Must the investigator find fault in order to be independent? Must their be conflict in who you hire for it to be neutral? Or can they hire a neutral person who finds no fault?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. The whole question was stupid. He has to pay somebody to do the investigation. Should he have tried to make the NFLPA pay for it? The Colts by themselves? Ravens? (Deflategate and Ray Rice) The Saints in the past?

And now, if anything is found against the NFL for these things, he has to keep this investigator - because if he doesn't hire Wells in the future, people will say that he fired them because of the results. If there's no fault found, then he cooked the books. Must the investigator find fault in order to be independent? Must their be conflict in who you hire for it to be neutral? Or can they hire a neutral person who finds no fault?

Ran out of edit time...

I get that the owners won't keep hiring him if the investigator found them guilty or cost them money. So then he might hire someone who won't punish them or cost them money. But where do you get the investigator? Do you have the NFLPA pay half and the Owners pay half? And wouldn't you then have the same issue on who investigates? Do they draw straws, vote equally? When the issue is an owner bad act, do players choose because they wouldn't find some push over to let the owners off the hook? Isn't it just as bad if the players choose a person who would find the owners guilty because of the players' investigator's bias? (Without bias, there would be no conflict of interest in effect, just in theory.)