• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodbye TBS, TNT ...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not miss Wally. Good grief, that guy is as exciting as watching my pick-up truck rust. Not to mention he's about as sharp as a bowling ball.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this pity party they got going on is actually music to my ears.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought TNT/NBC used to work together?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wally is just as bad at announcing as he was at racing(at least in NASCAR). I'm also not a fan of Kyle Petty.

I prefer the Fox crew, especially when Michael Waltrip isn't in the announcers box.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wally is just as bad at announcing as he was at racing(at least in NASCAR). I'm also not a fan of Kyle Petty.

I prefer the Fox crew, especially when Michael Waltrip isn't in the announcers box.

I'm not going to miss the TNT crew at all. I really wanted to like Kyle Petty but the more I listened to him in the booth, the more I wanted him to shut up. However, I did used to like it when Wally usually took a celebrity around the track for a few laps just to see their reactions. But think that was only when NBC still had coverage as I don't remember him ever doing it on TNT.

As for the FOX crew, I can't stand them. They all seem like the biggest blowhards and are always making excuses for the flavor of the week. And no matter how unpopular a decision NASCAR makes about rule changes or whatnot, they always will defend it to the bitter end. When FOX starts off the year, I always put it on mute and listen to the radio feed.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance. Easily the worst crew in the sport and that's saying something since FOX continues to employ Michael Waltrip (he has to be blackmailing them). Their announcers and pit guys were fine. But Petty and Dallenbach suck the lifeforce out of everything around them

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance. Easily the worst crew in the sport and that's saying something since FOX continues to employ Michael Waltrip (he has to be blackmailing them). Their announcers and pit guys were fine. But Petty and Dallenbach suck the lifeforce out of everything around them

I can tolerate Michael a lot more than Darrell. In my opinion, Darrell Waltrip is probably up there as one of the worst sports announcers I can think of. Although nobody can top Hawk Harrelson as the worst.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the ESPN crew the best with Bestwick, Jarrett and Petree. Plus their pit road guys, Welch, Punch, Shannon Spake, Jamie Little, seem to know their stuff.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tolerate Michael a lot more than Darrell. In my opinion, Darrell Waltrip is probably up there as one of the worst sports announcers I can think of. Although nobody can top Hawk Harrelson as the worst.

I can tolerate Darrell. I guess because I respected him as a driver, he is quirky and Kyle Busch is the only driver in the field to him, but at I like him a lot more than Michael. Michael annoyed me as a driver and even moreso as an announcer.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tolerate Darrell. I guess because I respected him as a driver, he is quirky and Kyle Busch is the only driver in the field to him, but at I like him a lot more than Michael. Michael annoyed me as a driver and even moreso as an announcer.

I can't stand Jeff Hammond or Chris Meyers.. Fox makes Michael out to be a clown .. that's why I don't bother watching any of the pre-race on Fox.. but the announcers are top-notch.. especially Mike Joy.. I'll miss Dale Jarrett.. Jerry Punch on ESPN.. hope they catch on somewhere