• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good riddance Stan!!

TheBrowLives

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank god. its still going to take a new guy 4-5 year but at least get a fresh perspective

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Thank goodness. Just a couple years too late.

2. Now that Stan's out as coach, I'm not nearly as down on this roster. We're backed into a corner with virtually no flexibility, but a core of Griffin & Drummond (and yes zach, even RJ) can work with the right coaching.

3. Not interested in Jay Wright. Has he ever coached a big in his life? You have to keep roster in mind when picking a coach, especially when there's such little roster flexibility. We're not going to shoot our way to wins.

TheBrowLives

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but a core of Griffin & Drummond (and yes zach, even RJ) can work with the right coaching.
work in what way? Become Indiana or past Atlanta teams that arent contendors but sure they are in the playoffs every year. I dont want that myself but thats just me.
The biggest decision the new GM will have is how to retool this team and thats starts with Drummond, and then what can you still get for Stanley Johnson.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he'd coach anywhere but Philly.

I could see him going Coach K and even turning down the Lakers.

He's on a list of coaches that are dirty,, There's going to be a large number of coaches in the coming years that want to go pro

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on a list of coaches that are dirty,, There's going to be a large number of coaches in the coming years that want to go pro
Could be.

But I'd see him calling the Sixers if he left Nova.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare to be disappointed and underwhelmed for the next few years. Change can be exciting, but I don't see any great options on the short list for GM or coach.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare to be disappointed and underwhelmed for the next few years. Change can be exciting, but I don't see any great options on the short list for GM or coach.

David Griffin Or Michael Zarren for GM with Billups as assistant GM

Mike Budenholzer, Becky Hammon, or Jerry Stackhouse for coach

TheBrowLives

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont care as much anymore given how deep in the hole this franchise is that Im actually not disagreeing with Shaq, Barkley, etc. and give Isiah a shot. There has been a few cases in sports where guys finally learn from past mistakes and do well.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas was last in charge 10 years ago. That's too long out of the game imo. Go get Zarren from Boston. Give him the keys to the city

TheBrowLives

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas was last in charge 10 years ago. That's too long out of the game imo. Go get Zarren from Boston. Give him the keys to the city
I see that argument and its fair but hes been watching the games nightly on TNT so he should know whats going on around the league. Some Ex players get their first shot that many years after retirement and whether its your 1st shot, or another shot since your last one does it really matter?

The boston assistant I think might be getting too much credit. If boston isnt gifted by Brooklyn and all those picks, which enables them to make moves, is Boston management still the cream of the crop? Heckuva trade yes which is carrying them to a degree. Its not like though they have hit grand slams on those picks either however. I would have expected one sure fire superstar by now with one of those high picks.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that argument and its fair but hes been watching the games nightly on TNT so he should know whats going on around the league. Some Ex players get their first shot that many years after retirement and whether its your 1st shot, or another shot since your last one does it really matter?

The boston assistant I think might be getting too much credit. If boston isnt gifted by Brooklyn and all those picks, which enables them to make moves, is Boston management still the cream of the crop? Heckuva trade yes which is carrying them to a degree. Its not like though they have hit grand slams on those picks either however. I would have expected one sure fire superstar by now with one of those high picks.
I agree with zach (first time ever? ;) ), and was saying the same thing yesterday. Back up the brinks truck for Mike Zarren. He's not getting too much credit (no more than any other assistant). He's been Danny Ainge's right-hand man for years now. He wears 4 hats - assistant GM, general counsel, salary cap expert and advanced analytics rat.

The hiring of Brad Stevens was pure genius. Everyone knows that now. But at the time, everyone was scratching their head. He wasn't on anybody's radar.

As far as draft picks not being grand slams, I disagree. Of course not all of them are, but in the last three years, they've drafted Terry Rozier, Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum. That's pretty darn good. And the trade-back with Philly to end up with Tatum anyway and get their 1st this year was just highway robbery.

He should be the guy. Not sure he has any interest, though.