• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good read

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This brings back up the same things stated here:
The Devils Should Trade Martin Brodeur, Though Not Really Elvis Has Left

Yes he might give us the biggest return but I still think that if a rebuild is done, it will take about 3-5 years not just 1 to make the rebuild a success.

Cup, you with an elvis avatar...I would have thought you would already known about the above link. :D

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Devils fade, 'Trade Marty Brodeur' speculation intensifies - Puck Daddy - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

good read....i saw somewhere not sure where but the devils might be on pace for the biggest point drop off from one year to another :( marty trade would not only relieve the cap situation and give some room for parise but im sure he would draw the biggest return and shorten this rebuild

trading parise to pittsburgh for malkin is one of the worst ideas i've heard holik is a bonehead.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah but that story was written before the epic collapse...i dont think a rebuild will really take too long though i mean the flyers did it in what 1 year? they did it was smart trades unloading forsberg and getting coburn (spelled wrong)...its not a popular choice but what is the ufa goalies in 2 years looking like? and lets say marty WANTS to play beyond these two years then what?

elivs rules!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i want to add that story i posted was written by a huge devil homer in puck daddy

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt everyone that doesnt believe the same nonsense that you do a "homer"?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im not saying homers are bad im just saying he is a devils fan

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't even know what to think at this point.

the fact is, by not doing ANYTHING its clear to me management has given up on this season.

its brutal.

but they are in my opinion clearly banking on letting the older players walk unless they tae far less money this offseason, and beginning the rebuild

ill be honest. i do like the thoguht of building around guys like parise(if you get him to stay- dare i say it), kovy, tedenby and joseffson.

the youth movement can no longer be a phase them in thing. they are now going to become the core and fast.

i like that small group. but dead weight needs to go and i really think we need to embrace more of a puck possession game.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but that story was written before the epic collapse...i dont think a rebuild will really take too long though i mean the flyers did it in what 1 year? they did it was smart trades unloading forsberg and getting coburn (spelled wrong)...its not a popular choice but what is the ufa goalies in 2 years looking like? and lets say marty WANTS to play beyond these two years then what?

elivs rules!

Possibly!

But being in Toronto and seeing/hearing the fans and media hound Burke for his team that he blew up when he came in shows that things may not always go right. I mean, Burke thought the team he has is much better than where they sit and put out there that he can't stand his team not making the play-offs last year and that will change this year. Toronto is a franchise with ample money, loyal fanbase, but tons of media pressure. Burke would have got the support if he came in and said we're on a rebuild and it will take about 3 years before we get to where we want to be. The fans are calling for Wilson's head and some are calling for Burke's, but yet purple seats (upper level lowest value seats) can go for close to $110, when face value is $55.

The Devils are a different story. They have packages to help sell tickets. I understand that a 3-5 year rebuild may not be viable here but I don't think that the current devil team can be rebuilt in 1 year.
Heck I think this team is better than where they sit in the standings and have been cursed.:(

I haven't looked at the UFA for goalies in 2 years, but didn't Chicago show that you can win with an average goalie as long as you have solid defense and good offense.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly!

But being in Toronto and seeing/hearing the fans and media hound Burke for his team that he blew up when he came in shows that things may not always go right. I mean, Burke thought the team he has is much better than where they sit and put out there that he can't stand his team not making the play-offs last year and that will change this year. Toronto is a franchise with ample money, loyal fanbase, but tons of media pressure. Burke would have got the support if he came in and said we're on a rebuild and it will take about 3 years before we get to where we want to be. The fans are calling for Wilson's head and some are calling for Burke's, but yet purple seats (upper level lowest value seats) can go for close to $110, when face value is $55.

The Devils are a different story. They have packages to help sell tickets. I understand that a 3-5 year rebuild may not be viable here but I don't think that the current devil team can be rebuilt in 1 year.
Heck I think this team is better than where they sit in the standings and have been cursed.:(

I haven't looked at the UFA for goalies in 2 years, but didn't Chicago show that you can win with an average goalie as long as you have solid defense and good offense.

The Leafs are lucky they don't have JMac coaching them!