• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good news you'd like to hear for your team

Halos02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading what little farm system they had for 2 months of Greinke.
only real prospect in that deal was Segura...farm system was in decline way before that trade.

That was a good move though...we had/have plenty of organizational depth at SS so it was worth getting Greinke even as a rental. As it turned out, our April was too much to overcome. They just play around .500 ball in April and we spare you having to even worry about your final week collapse...we'd have won the division by 5 games...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only real prospect in that deal was Segura...farm system was in decline way before that trade.

That was a good move though...we had/have plenty of organizational depth at SS so it was worth getting Greinke even as a rental. As it turned out, our April was too much to overcome. They just play around .500 ball in April and we spare you having to even worry about your final week collapse...we'd have won the division by 5 games...

If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

I'm just busting your balls man. Frankly it was their only chance of climbing back into the race. It was just too much to overcome though, and who could've predicted the A's absolutely going off like they did?

If I were an angels fan that trade would be way down the list of things I'd be upset about.

Halos02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

I'm just busting your balls man. Frankly it was their only chance of climbing back into the race. It was just too much to overcome though, and who could've predicted the A's absolutely going off like they did?

If I were an angels fan that trade would be way down the list of things I'd be upset about.
Bottom line is we've lost a ton of draft picks by signing FAs and we have not picked well in the last few years. There is talent further down the draft and we just haven't found it. Hopping DiPoto turns that around. Reagins was a train wreck...dipshit fired the head scout who drafted Trout, Trumbo among others...

lol...yeah the farm system is a bit of a sore spot for me.

And yeah, fuck the A's. They gotta come back down to earth soon, right?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is we've lost a ton of draft picks by signing FAs and we have not picked well in the last few years. There is talent further down the draft and we just haven't found it. Hopping DiPoto turns that around. Reagins was a train wreck...dipshit fired the head scout who drafted Trout, Trumbo among others...

lol...yeah the farm system is a bit of a sore spot for me.

And yeah, fuck the A's. They gotta come back down to earth soon, right?

I have a feeling they will. Their pitchers were entirely unknown last year and now they've lost McCarthy. Cespedes is on the mend, and I don't see their entire team of replacement level players being able to keep up their torrid pace. Keep in mind they've been beating up on the Astros a lot so far this season. They've got some tougher games coming.

As for DiPoto, I haven't been real impressed with him. His approach has basically been to try to buy the division with big flashy signings that haven't exactly been gigantic successes while ignoring their real problem, pitching depth. These big flashy signings might, I repeat might open a window of opportunity, but it will be really short lived and will greatly hamstring the teams future.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Mark Cuban purchased the Mariners and has increased payroll to $150m so that we can become competitive again.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Todd Helton has decided to retire effective immediately so we can be spared watching him play at this level.

That the Rockies have bundled some of their middle infielders and extraneous outfielders and added a prospect to get a solid veteran pitcher to anchor the rotation. Chacin was nice while he lasted but he's back to where he spends much of his time- on the DL.

That the Rockies found a billionaire who wants to overpay to buy the team and is willing to increase payroll to whatever it takes to win.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the Rockies found a billionaire who wants to overpay to buy the team and is willing to increase payroll to whatever it takes to win.

It can happen. Believe me, I know. I have seen it.

:yahoo:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were an Orioles fan, or played in a fantasy keeper league, here is the info I would least want to hear.

Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was cleared to resume throwing after beginning the season on the minor league disabled list with elbow and forearm soreness, but the Orioles just announced that he had a setback and is now scheduled to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
As of three weeks ago an MRI exam revealed no structural damage, but Bundy apparently reported some soreness after throwing from 90 feet on flat ground Monday.
Bundy was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2011 draft out of high school, made his MLB debut with the Orioles in September at age 19, and was widely considered the top pitching prospect in baseball coming into this season.

The 3 most dreaded words to a baseball player of fan - Dr. James Andrews. It usually means that they are not seeing if he is hurt, but seeing how bad.

DOH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like a fairy godmother came in and rescued the Dodgers only in the persona of Magic and the other investors. It probably only happens in the major media cities, not a small market city.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably worse to hear that the team doctor is going to operate on your pitcher when you know it is a bad injury and you would really rather it be Dr. James Andrews.

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs finally won back to back games! (That's something, possibly realistic) I'd like the Cubs to trade Soriano and Marmol.