• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News for Latimer and Lynch

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never claimed to have a trench coat, nor did I apparently get the secret agent decoder ring in my crackerjacks. ;) I was simply stating that I thought your response to CD was out of character, which after reflection I think you agreed. But that's neither here nor there.

I was in earlier posts stating that McCoy was a package deal (in news reports outside of Dove Valley), and that Wood was the obvious DC given the interest in him outside Denver, as well as his history with Vance.

Beyond that, I agree that it's interesting that Elway would have input as to who the position coaches were, or maybe as much input as he's had. Of course, that could also be the side effect of hiring a HC that was wet behind the ears event at the Coordinator level, and just didn't have the history (or relationships) to draw from once elevated to HC. I can also see that with Woods being elevated to DC.

I do think that Elway feels the coaching staff was the "weak link" this year; Kubiak's health, Wade's apparent "us vs. them" comments to the team and divisive statements , etc. I'm hoping that like the roster, he builds a staff that sets us up for superbowl runs long into the future.

Now, here's hoping he does something about the talent evaluators after this year's draft, assuming they stay true to form and blow more picks than they make. :)

Appreciate your concern - my friend. All is well here.