• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good grief, glad that run is over

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for LAA to have to start playing REAL MLB teams. Seems like they have played the Mariners every night for the last month. Really hope we can go into OAK and win the series while NYY sticks it to the Angels.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels aren't going away regardless of who they play. That is a scrappy team that doesn't know the meaning of quit. They've got a couple of really great pitchers and Trout is going to be a great player some day. Seems that team does more with less than just about any team going. Still think they play stupid ball a lot of the time but they do maximize their talent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Texas picking up multiple games while LA leaves their MLB record setting homestand regarding how long it was. They have to quit playing highschool teams now as the have to play NYY and TOR on the road.

Anyone know what pitchers from Cleveland are expected to pitch this series? I actually kind of hope we get Jimenez. He has been very hittable since coming over to the AL.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rangers have a Golden Opportunity to Extend Their AL West Lead this weekend. Got to take care of business and at the same time hopefully The Yanks will beat the Angels.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for LAA to have to start playing REAL MLB teams. Seems like they have played the Mariners every night for the last month. Really hope we can go into OAK and win the series while NYY sticks it to the Angels.

no joke.com

it seemed like every time i looked up, they were playing at home and it was one of the poor teams that couldnt hold a lead.

wash needs to shy away from gentry as a starter for a while

i dont care if it's a lefty pitcher

we need to start running the table here and sweep if possible

win six or 7 in a row

we are already behind detroit now which means no home field advantage for us against one of the east teams

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're behind detroit one game in the loss column. Lots of baseball left to call that a foregone conclusion.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers just need Lewis and Ogando to start throwing better games. CJ, Holland, and even Harrison are keeping Texas in games. Cruz may be back by Cleveland next week. That will help.

I predicted 11-12 over that grueling stretch. They went 12-11. Angels went 13-9 at the same time, picking up a game and a half, and played 15 of those games at home. Minus the Texas series, they played Baltimore, Minnesota, Seattle, and ChiSox at home. It doesn't get much easier than that. And the only road series beside Texas was 4 games in Seattle. They went 2-5 vs Texas in that stretch and 11-4 vs everyone else.

Meanwhile Texas played Boston, a hot TB team, the Angels, and 3 on the road at Chicago. They survived it. Now they need to take advantage of their schedule.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rangers just need Lewis and Ogando to start throwing better games. CJ, Holland, and even Harrison are keeping Texas in games. Cruz may be back by Cleveland next week. That will help.

I predicted 11-12 over that grueling stretch. They went 12-11. Angels went 13-9 at the same time, picking up a game and a half, and played 15 of those games at home. Minus the Texas series, they played Baltimore, Minnesota, Seattle, and ChiSox at home. It doesn't get much easier than that. And the only road series beside Texas was 4 games in Seattle. They went 2-5 vs Texas in that stretch and 11-4 vs everyone else.

Meanwhile Texas played Boston, a hot TB team, the Angels, and 3 on the road at Chicago. They survived it. Now they need to take advantage of their schedule.

Okay ... I agree. Just got to win "tonight's" game every night.

Can't do anything about LAA except for the final 3 ... or DET ... or NYY ... or BOS. Guys need to just put their heads down and dig hard to the end.

(recognizing there isn't a game tonight ... but you know what I mean).

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're behind detroit one game in the loss column. Lots of baseball left to call that a foregone conclusion.

lol

i never said it was a foregone conclusion

i was just saying what that means for us and how its important to have a winning streak to have a chance to retake detroit for the record lead

and possibly boston, hopefully

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

i never said it was a foregone conclusion

i was just saying what that means for us and how its important to have a winning streak to have a chance to retake detroit for the record lead

and possibly boston, hopefully

Is there a hotter team in baseball right now than Detroit? Holy smokes those guys have been killing it.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a hotter team in baseball right now than Detroit? Holy smokes those guys have been killing it.

They are going to be a tough out in the playoffs. That park destroys teams that rely on power and NY, Boston and the Rangers all rely heavily on power. Plus Verlander is almost an automatic W.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather play nyy or the sox than Detroit in October.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather play nyy or the sox than Detroit in October.

I agree with this to a certain degree. Ranger hitters struggle mightily in Detroit. However, it doesn't really matter who they play. In the end, they are going to have to beat the best teams to get what they want.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not really worried about the angels....i know they are right behind us but i ive complete confidence the rangers will hold them off and win the west...and also i want to avoid detroit

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not really worried about the angels....i know they are right behind us but i ive complete confidence the rangers will hold them off and win the west...and also i want to avoid detroit

the key is to avoid detroit where they have home field advantage

they have a black hole in center field where all power hitters get swallowed up