• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good depth

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
8 49ers Who Have Stepped into Larger Roles

amazing how this rookie class has stepped up??!! There is also Brandon Thomas with potential.

we were expecting more from last year's class, Reid to be joined by McDonald and Carradine. Personally thought Lemonier would do what Lynch is doing now.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 49ers Who Have Stepped into Larger Roles

amazing how this rookie class has stepped up??!! There is also Brandon Thomas with potential.

we were expecting more from last year's class, Reid to be joined by McDonald and Carradine. Personally thought Lemonier would do what Lynch is doing now.

I'd really like to see Brandon Thomas next year, we got issues on the team, but we got quite a few young guys coming up.

I could see a DL rotation of Dorsey, Ray McDonald, Carradine, and Dial next year doing well even if Justin Smith retires and Ian Williams isn't re-signed. Carradine looked horrible at first but is playing pretty better. Have to remember he missed all of last year and most of this year so had to knock rust off.

LB corp should be ridiculous with Willis and Bow back paired up with Lynch and Aldon. Borland can come in more to take the load off our ILB.

Safeties should be fine with Bethea and Reid. Brock should be healthy next year and I like Dontae Johnson a lot. Have to re-sign at least one of Cox or Culliver and hopefully Ward can come back strong. Chris Cook was doing well too before he got hurt.

Offense has Hunter, Hyde, Kilgore, Thomas, Marcus Martin, Ellington, Vance McDonald, and Patton that are all going to be big contributors next year.

With so much turnover we're going to have some growing pains, but we got talent coming up.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I hope for at this time is that they don't let Bowman play. Save him for the next season. IMO the 9ers' window for a SB run isn't done just yet but for this season it isn't worth pushing players with injuries back on the field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one thing I hope for at this time is that they don't let Bowman play. Save him for the next season. IMO the 9ers' window for a SB run isn't done just yet but for this season it isn't worth pushing players with injuries back on the field.

I agree, if he's not 100% ready to play, don't play him. he has been activated but don't see him playing this week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes keep Bowman out.

We lost A. Davis, Bowman, Willis Brock, Dorsey, Williams, Kilgore for the year this year. Thats a lot of starters and some pro bowlers in there. Tough to win with that much talent not playing. People forget about that. Oh yeah and A. Smith for 9 games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st rd pick ward for half the year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Brandon Thomas next year, we got issues on the team, but we got quite a few young guys coming up.

I could see a DL rotation of Dorsey, Ray McDonald, Carradine, and Dial next year doing well even if Justin Smith retires and Ian Williams isn't re-signed. Carradine looked horrible at first but is playing pretty better. Have to remember he missed all of last year and most of this year so had to knock rust off.

LB corp should be ridiculous with Willis and Bow back paired up with Lynch and Aldon. Borland can come in more to take the load off our ILB.

Safeties should be fine with Bethea and Reid. Brock should be healthy next year and I like Dontae Johnson a lot. Have to re-sign at least one of Cox or Culliver and hopefully Ward can come back strong. Chris Cook was doing well too before he got hurt.

Offense has Hunter, Hyde, Kilgore, Thomas, Marcus Martin, Ellington, Vance McDonald, and Patton that are all going to be big contributors next year.

With so much turnover we're going to have some growing pains, but we got talent coming up.

Agree with much of this. My only concern are the the wide receivers. The team has really done a poor job in drafting and developing WR's. I am hoping Patton and Ellington are big contributers next year. Maybe a new WR coach will help bring these players along.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with much of this. My only concern are the the wide receivers. The team has really done a poor job in drafting and developing WR's. I am hoping Patton and Ellington are big contributers next year. Maybe a new WR coach will help bring these players along.

We need different WR on this team. Johnson, Boldin and Crabtree are all the same in a way. They are position receivers. We need a Big body Red Zone go get the ball kind of WR and then we need that speed slot guy that gives other teams fits and we need a Wr that can stretch the field.

That is why I want Crabtree to leave and sign Maclin or Cobb. And for same crazy reason Dez is a FA you go all in on him.

Sleeper pick up would be Torrey Smith.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Can Patton get open, quicker, than Crabtree? I'd try to give him some reps to find out. I'd think Ellington could do it even better, so try him too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellington has been hurt. I agree we should give some of these young guys a chance.