• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good article on Osweiler

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ananke of Brock Osweiler - Mile High Report

It actually changed my opinion on him a little.

I have a lot more respect for his work ethic than I did previously. I always assumed he was drafted becuase of the relationship whit Elway.

But there is more to it than that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that the other day and definitely gained a lot of respect and have a better understanding of why he was such a raw college player. The guy has worked his tail off all his life to get where he is today and from what I have understood in his time in Denver he has done the same. He has notebooks just full of information that he has learned from Manning and the coaches. Can't wait to see him in Preseason this year. He should have a better 2nd team OL this year compared to last so I would hope he has a bit more time to throw.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. At this point we've spent so much time grooming him to take over, he's going to get his shot.

I hope he ends up being the guy to taking Mannings spot. He's got all the tools to be a really, really good QB in this league IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His rawness was the major knock on him coming out of the draft. A lot of people thought if he stayed in college he was going to be a Round 1 QB.

The other knock I remember was "How many good QBs are 6'7"?" Which I think the appropriate response is how many people are 6'7"? Kind of like the Andy Dalton critique that there were no great ginger QBs therefore he would suck. Some people could benefit from the realization that correlation is not causation but I digress.

I hope we get to see a bit more from Osweiler this preseason.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Broncos have been pretty high on him since they drafted him. I have a buddy that feels that Os was drafted due to a relationship with the Elway family. I always thought that was a questionable argument. In all of Elway's professional dealings he has been very successful. You typically don't have the success he has had when you make decisions based on personal relationships.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Broncos have been pretty high on him since they drafted him. I have a buddy that feels that Os was drafted due to a relationship with the Elway family. I always thought that was a questionable argument. In all of Elway's professional dealings he has been very successful. You typically don't have the success he has had when you make decisions based on personal relationships.

I don't think Champ would have been cut if that was the case. Elway has shown to be a great businessman that builds up great relationships but at the same time has a single goal in mind of winning the Super Bowl and will do anything needed to accomplish that.

As for the relationship with Os my guess is all it did was give the Broncos a leg up in knowing what type of person Os is before they even started evaluating him as a player on the field. More times than not anymore the evaluation process has become way more than just what they show on tape. Knowing a person is going to work to be great plays just as much of a role in success as actual ability to play on the field.

Look at Clowney this past draft in teams were really struggling in what to make of him. His play on the field at times showed somebody elite but his attitude and personality showed somebody who might not work as hard as possible to maximize that talent. It is rare when you find a person with rare talent plus the intangibles to work hard and be great.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Champ would have been cut if that was the case. Elway has shown to be a great businessman that builds up great relationships but at the same time has a single goal in mind of winning the Super Bowl and will do anything needed to accomplish that.

As for the relationship with Os my guess is all it did was give the Broncos a leg up in knowing what type of person Os is before they even started evaluating him as a player on the field. More times than not anymore the evaluation process has become way more than just what they show on tape. Knowing a person is going to work to be great plays just as much of a role in success as actual ability to play on the field.

I agree completely. My buddy that I argue with has killed Elway for that pick. I have said maybe he had some good inside info but there is no way he picked him out of favoritism. Elway just doesn't operate that way, in fact he has been know for being a pretty tough businessman. Fair but tough....