• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gonzo vs stros

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess we will be ooooooo first win . sounds normal

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad this month is over

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they face a "name" pitcher, they get shutout or maybe scratch one across.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making this guy look like Mike Scott or JR Richard.:wtf2:

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thhis locks up our first month under.500 since showalter took the helm

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should feel ashamed of themselves...being shutout 11-0 by a team thats 25 games under .500...this team WWILL NOT BE IN THE PLAYOFFS...they cant hit...their pitching is inconsistent...and showalter refuses to play a little small ball to score a run...grossman was 3 for 3 yesterday, and 1 for 1 so far today and there was men on 1st and 2nd no outs...and because he is unselfish...UNLIKE OUR LINE-UP...he laid a bun t down and put 2 in scoring position

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 hits in 17 innings...Jim Pressley should retire

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
machado hasnt sniffed a double in a month, 2 shutouts in 3 games, 11 hits in 26 innings

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining of the day: At least we would stay at 5 games back for the AL East race. (We might drop out of the second wild card, though.)

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thhis locks up our first month under.500 since showalter took the helm

O's went 13-14 last July, then 18-9 in August and 19-9 in September.

Bring on August and September.

cam1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good offensive game a week ain't gonna cut it.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the worst games I've seen the O's play since the 30-3 massacre...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management didn't do enough during the trade deadline to help the team. No real front end pitcher (Norris is a 4-5 guy) and no real thumper behind Davis. This team needed an infusion to help spark them and got nothing. Even in defeat last night, they showed no emotion and no sense of energy in losing to one of the worst teams in MLB. I sense this team will start to fade and Buck's magic has begun to ware off. Sad really, because there is talent on this team and all Buck can do now is worry about an A-Rod suspension that may land them Wieters in 2 years. If Wieters lands in NY, I may have to consider my allegiance to the O's.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management didn't do enough during the trade deadline to help the team. No real front end pitcher (Norris is a 4-5 guy) and no real thumper behind Davis. This team needed an infusion to help spark them and got nothing. Even in defeat last night, they showed no emotion and no sense of energy in losing to one of the worst teams in MLB. I sense this team will start to fade and Buck's magic has begun to ware off. Sad really, because there is talent on this team and all Buck can do now is worry about an A-Rod suspension that may land them Wieters in 2 years. If Wieters lands in NY, I may have to consider my allegiance to the O's.

they may not have done enough !!!! our future is not to give away our everyday players like schoop and our pitching that we have plenty of to make it this year . matt i like him but is he really that great ???

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they may not have done enough !!!! our future is not to give away our everyday players like schoop and our pitching that we have plenty of to make it this year . matt i like him but is he really that great ???

I hear you Ted and agree in some aspects but you mention "future". Look, we haven't had back to back winning seasons in well over a decade and our farm system isn't exactly saturated with prospects. Is this team built to win now? I say yes, as much as any of the previous years since '96 and I think you would agree that a stud pitcher and possible DH to protect Davis would have an immediate impact on this years team. I'm much like the consensus of fans wanting to keep this core together as long as possible and as long as each retains the talent to provide to our winning ways. I believe these players do: (Wieters, Davis, Hardy, Machado, McClouth, Jones, Markakis, Chen, Gonzales, O'Day, JJ) If we can retain these players and add to the core we should continue to win and make it a step closer to the ultimate goal. Consistency is key as you mention for now and the future. Hoes really didn't fit and Hader is a ways off so no real loss there.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they have a legit shot "if" they get in the playoffs, at this point, winning the division with both Bost/TB 5 games ahead and playing pretty consistently, looks like a longshot. I think making a decent trade like Feldman/Norris(who'll be here another 2 years)and KROD was solid without giving up a top 5 prospect. Even the wildcard is 50/50 at best right now with Cle/Tex probably right there till' the end. So for the rest of this year I like the risk/reward they've done. Next year and beyond is when you hope some of these guys Gaus/DB/Schoop can help for a full season and they can make a true legit run at a WS. I'm not trying to make this year a cop-out scenario but realistically it's just another stepping stone.
The rotation should be more settled next year w/o Hammel and with Gausman ready to contribute FT.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Ted and agree in some aspects but you mention "future". Look, we haven't had back to back winning seasons in well over a decade and our farm system isn't exactly saturated with prospects. Is this team built to win now? I say yes, as much as any of the previous years since '96 and I think you would agree that a stud pitcher and possible DH to protect Davis would have an immediate impact on this years team. I'm much like the consensus of fans wanting to keep this core together as long as possible and as long as each retains the talent to provide to our winning ways. I believe these players do: (Wieters, Davis, Hardy, Machado, McClouth, Jones, Markakis, Chen, Gonzales, O'Day, JJ) If we can retain these players and add to the core we should continue to win and make it a step closer to the ultimate goal. Consistency is key as you mention for now and the future. Hoes really didn't fit and Hader is a ways off so no real loss there.

i wouldn't forget tilly and yes he has been an ace for a full year now . just think everyone was willing to sell him out low . hardy is so up and down . again nate is most likely gone next year .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't forget tilly and yes he has been an ace for a full year now . just think everyone was willing to sell him out low . hardy is so up and down . again nate is most likely gone next year .

Agreed on most counts however, Nate will be back, mark my words...