• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going to Seattle...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a couple days and looking to hit up a couple breweries

I know they have a solid microbrew tradition up there and was looking for some recommedations

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pyramid Ale House. It's right across from Safeco Field where the Mariners play. 1201 1st Ave South, Seattle, WA 98134

Elysian Brewing. They also built one near the stadiums, but the original is up on Capitol Hill which has a college town feel and fun at night. Lots of music clubs and taverns up there. Stomping grounds for a lot of the local music scene, besides downtown. 1221 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122

RedHook Brewery. Out in Woodinville, WA. Beautiful location about a 30 min drive outside downtown Seattle. Google Maps to get directions. Plan time cause getting out there during rush hour from downtown (4-6pm would make trip longer) etc...

Elliot Bay Brewery. West Seattle neighborhood. Good beers. 4720 California Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116

If your right in downtown Seattle, you can check out the Pike Pub Brewery which is right in Pike Place Market. Nice experience and you can head over to the Pike Place market which is an amazing outdoor market for fish, fruits & veggies, and local crafts, etc...

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pyramid Ale House. It's right across from Safeco Field where the Mariners play. 1201 1st Ave South, Seattle, WA 98134

Elysian Brewing. They also built one near the stadiums, but the original is up on Capitol Hill which has a college town feel and fun at night. Lots of music clubs and taverns up there. Stomping grounds for a lot of the local music scene, besides downtown. 1221 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122

RedHook Brewery. Out in Woodinville, WA. Beautiful location about a 30 min drive outside downtown Seattle. Google Maps to get directions. Plan time cause getting out there during rush hour from downtown (4-6pm would make trip longer) etc...

Elliot Bay Brewery. West Seattle neighborhood. Good beers. 4720 California Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116

If your right in downtown Seattle, you can check out the Pike Pub Brewery which is right in Pike Place Market. Nice experience and you can head over to the Pike Place market which is an amazing outdoor market for fish, fruits & veggies, and local crafts, etc...

Thanks for the heads up, those are actually most of the ones I had picked out, we're not in the downtown area, I have an aunt that lives there, but we'll certainly be down in the area quite a bit

The Pike Pub sounds like a good one I didn't think of b/c we will certainly be visiting Pike Place Market anyway

And I will definitely be drinking along the way!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goal is to make it to at least 2 on site breweries and do some sort of tour or tasting, however they do it, I know it varies state to state

But I will be taking in as many local brews while I'm there, I'm a big fan of IPAs and hoppy beers, any suggestions?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them should offer those sampler racks of 4+ of their beers for tasting. It's a great time of the year to be here. Weather is perfection and sun sets way late. Enjoy.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them should offer those sampler racks of 4+ of their beers for tasting. It's a great time of the year to be here. Weather is perfection and sun sets way late. Enjoy.

Thats what I hear

Sounds awesome, thanks for the heads up

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Regent, but that list is pretty mundane.

Check out Fremont Brewing in the Fremont neighborhood - Probably my favorite WA brewery. The Urban Beer Garden always has good options on tap. Look for The Brother and The Sister IPAs and Kentucky Dark Star: their bourbon barrel aged Imperial Oatmeal Stout.

If you have some extra money to spend, head a few blocks from Fremont over to Brouwers Cafe. This place is a world renowned beer spot. Tons on tap from all over the world and an incredible bottle list for on site consumption.

Make sure to visit Bottleworks on 45th Ave. This little bottleshop is owned by the same guys as Brouwers and has just about anything you could hope to find, including random vintage bottles from their cellar from time to time.

Some other breweries to look into would be Reuben's Brews, which is a new up and coming microbrewery that is making some great stuff, and, if you have transportation, head across the 520 bridge (toll) over to Redmond for Black Raven, which would be my next favorite brewery in WA. Look for Wisdom Seeker, their Imperial IPA.

This thread will be of some help as well:
Will be in Seattle 3/11-3/18 . Good place to check out? | BeerAdvocate Community

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ended up visiting the Red Hook (while aunt ans sister were visiting winerys), Pike Street (for lunch one day), and a little one called Northwest

No tours but tried the samplers at all 3,

Grocery store by their house had a huge selection of microbrews, so I focused on IPAs, ended up having over 25 while I was there

All in all, a good beer experience