• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going on a faux-vegetarian diet

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started saving my bacon lard recently and I hate myself for not doing it sooner.

I eat bacon for breakfast every morning so we always have some on hand.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more lb and I tie the least I've weighed in the past 4 years.

Took me a week to finally lose that "1 more lb". I actually gained 2 lbs and took it back off, depending on how you want to look at it.

After some research, I figured out that the 2 ribeye steaks I had that were about 24 ounces each aren't a good idea. Even though I wasn't eating carbs, if you get too much protein there is some process that turns the protein into some kind of gluclose type deal and triggers an insulin response and you store it as fat. Or some shit like that.

Bottom line is 230 grams of protein in day even with only 5 carbs isn't ideal(those are actual numbers). Most days I'm in the 80-100 grams of protein which is still a little high I guess, but I was still losing. I basically did that twice in 1 week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been making these things I call "pizza bowls", and by that I mean my wife has been making them for me. Only 3.5 grams of carbs and knocks out my cravings for spaghetti, pizza and lasagna all at the same time. Because each bite kind of hits that, depending on what combination of ingredients I get.

Anyway, just fry up a little hamburger meat, and then I put in a little San Marzano pasta sauce. It's sugar free, but still has a few carbs - way less than normal sauce though and it's still really good. Also more expensive at $5 a jar, but I only use 1/4 cup of it at a time, so it lasts awhile. So she mixes the hamburger meat and that sauce and it's kind of like a really meaty spaghetti/lasagna sauce.

Then top it with whole milk mozzarella cheese and some pepperoni's. Nuke it to melt the cheese and that's it.

Almost 600 calories, 68% from fat, 3% carbs and 29% protein. So it's good for LCHF diet and the high fat makes it really satisfying.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been making these things I call "pizza bowls", and by that I mean my wife has been making them for me. Only 3.5 grams of carbs and knocks out my cravings for spaghetti, pizza and lasagna all at the same time. Because each bite kind of hits that, depending on what combination of ingredients I get.

Anyway, just fry up a little hamburger meat, and then I put in a little San Marzano pasta sauce. It's sugar free, but still has a few carbs - way less than normal sauce though and it's still really good. Also more expensive at $5 a jar, but I only use 1/4 cup of it at a time, so it lasts awhile. So she mixes the hamburger meat and that sauce and it's kind of like a really meaty spaghetti/lasagna sauce.

Then top it with whole milk mozzarella cheese and some pepperoni's. Nuke it to melt the cheese and that's it.

Almost 600 calories, 68% from fat, 3% carbs and 29% protein. So it's good for LCHF diet and the high fat makes it really satisfying.
You gettin all skinny on us, bruh?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for me is beer, I have gained a lot of weight since I started working at home. (going on four years) I still work out with weights and try not to eat a lot of bad food but I sit in front of a computer 10 hours a day and can't drop any weight because I drink to damn much!

Signed fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for me is beer, I have gained a lot of weight since I started working at home. (going on four years) I still work out with weights and try not to eat a lot of bad food but I sit in front of a computer 10 hours a day and can't drop any weight because I drink to damn much!

This is what got me. I went from working construction and being outside working all day to working at home 12+ hours a day.

I went from never being able to gain a pound no matter what or how much I ate, to fat in 6 months.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LCHF types? You're one of those door to door guys pitching religion?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got cankles, Nos?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LCHF types? You're one of those door to door guys pitching religion?

I'm fat and lazy, so I just hit up parking lots.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i took carbs down to 30% just for fun, when u guys cut carbs did u feel like shit

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i took carbs down to 30% just for fun, when u guys cut carbs did u feel like shit

Well I do less than 5%(not counting fiber carbs, they are good for you - only sugar/starches), so I can't say for sure, but when you are that low there are things like that.

If you cut your carbs down enough you'll feel sick at first, almost like a flu. You need electrolytes(Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium) and to hydrate. So add salt and eat leafy greens like spinach, brocoli, kale. Or banana's since you aren't as strict as I am.

Funny enough, I'm now the opposite. Too many non fiber carbs makes me feel bad. Kid's b'day is Thursday, his favorite cake is my favorite cake, so it's triple chocolate with vanilla icing. And I'm not even sure if I want to eat it, even though I know it'll be delicious. It's a lot like when I quit smoking and how I felt about cigarettes after. I remembered the good feelings, but at the same time I did not crave it anymore.

But my diet is 70-75% fat at this point and I have to watch protein instead of carbs. I try to get to as close to 100g of protein a day as possible without going over or under. I now have tons of energy and even started working out 3 times a week, which I originally had no plans to do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do less than 5%(not counting fiber carbs, they are good for you - only sugar/starches), so I can't say for sure, but when you are that low there are things like that.

If you cut your carbs down enough you'll feel sick at first, almost like a flu. You need electrolytes(Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium) and to hydrate. So add salt and eat leafy greens like spinach, brocoli, kale. Or banana's since you aren't as strict as I am.

Funny enough, I'm now the opposite. Too many non fiber carbs makes me feel bad. Kid's b'day is Thursday, his favorite cake is my favorite cake, so it's triple chocolate with vanilla icing. And I'm not even sure if I want to eat it, even though I know it'll be delicious. It's a lot like when I quit smoking and how I felt about cigarettes after. I remembered the good feelings, but at the same time I did not crave it anymore.

But my diet is 70-75% fat at this point and I have to watch protein instead of carbs. I try to get to as close to 100g of protein a day as possible without going over or under. I now have tons of energy and even started working out 3 times a week, which I originally had no plans to do.
damn homie thats pure keto

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn homie thats pure keto

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how I don't get hungry basically ever. I also do 16 hour fasts every day, simply because it's so easy. I start eating around noon and finish eating around 8pm. It's 7pm now and I only have 552 calories eaten so far today. I'm about to eat just to make sure I get over 1k calories for the day, not because I'm hungry.

On a "mad hungry day", like yesterday I might get 1700 calories. I could eat that many calories in 1 meal easy before if not for "willpower" keeping it in check(when it did).

Worried about my blood pressure going up, as all my life I've been told - don't eat so much fat. So I got a watch that checks blood pressure and so far it's went down a little. Have to see if that keeps up. I figure losing weight will make it go down some on it's own, so it could be offsetting it or something.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's pretty crazy how I don't get hungry basically ever. I also do 16 hour fasts every day, simply because it's so easy. I start eating around noon and finish eating around 8pm. It's 7pm now and I only have 552 calories eaten so far today. I'm about to eat just to make sure I get over 1k calories for the day, not because I'm hungry.

On a "mad hungry day", like yesterday I might get 1700 calories. I could eat that many calories in 1 meal easy before if not for "willpower" keeping it in check(when it did).

Worried about my blood pressure going up, as all my life I've been told - don't eat so much fat. So I got a watch that checks blood pressure and so far it's went down a little. Have to see if that keeps up. I figure losing weight will make it go down some on it's own, so it could be offsetting it or something.
Damn

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also down 27 lbs since this thread started, might end up being more before the month's over because I'm coming off a plateau where I didn't lose any weight all month, but have lost 7lbs in the past 5 days. So I guess I'm in the middle(hopefully) of a "whoosh".

So almost half way to my goal. 14 hours into my fast right now, not even hungry.

Funny because my diet is mostly meat and a vegetarian thread sparked it.