• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We all sometimes make life harder for ourselves. Best of luck to Holmes.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of sad considering the incident was based on him defending his g/f but i have a feeling there is a little more involved. Edmunds and Coleman it is at TB.

There has to be more to it. For as many chances MV2 got and we all are well aware of the shit he caused.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fight is hardly grounds to be kicked out of a school especially for defending someone even if it gets carried away.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conspiracy Theory: Wonder if the student judiciary board was influenced by the athletic dept.? VT hasn't seen much progression from Holmes and perhaps this was the oppurtunity to move forward without him. Opens up a scholarship and makes the depth chart a little clearer in regards to recruiting.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But there are plenty of other possible explanations. Students on the board that have something against Holmes? They have details we're not privy to that make his behavior worse than we're thinking? Etc. Let's not jump to conclusions. What power does the athletic dept have to influence that review board? Maybe but it does exactly fit Occam's razor.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But there are plenty of other possible explanations. Students on the board that have something against Holmes? They have details we're not privy to that make his behavior worse than we're thinking? Etc. Let's not jump to conclusions. What power does the athletic dept have to influence that review board? Maybe but it does exactly fit Occam's razor.

Just seems odd the judiciary board is involved with this decision. I cannot recall this board ever being involved with student athlete cases at VT before. Would would happen if this was one of VT's high profile players who had charges reduced yet the judiciary board says no? My guess is that this board would not have a say so in the matter to begin with.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the student judicial hearing, they were pretty lenient when I went in there my senior year. I was absolutely plastered at a football game, yet was able to convince them that I was barely drunk and that my stumbling was caused by everyone around me jumping and pushing. I got a semester probation and a reflection essay, which they said was reduced from the standard DIP punishment.

Some possible explanations for my light punishment:
1) My whole panel was made up of girls and they wanted the pipe
2) One of the girls had just won homecoming queen and I lied and said I voted for her
3) They wanted the pipe

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's not uncommon for students, including athletes to receive a JR for similar actions. We often just don't hear about it because they are private. I am a little surprised that MH is "permanently separated from the university", which I take to mean formally expelled. That is relatively uncommon.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not uncommon for students, including athletes to receive a JR for similar actions. We often just don't hear about it because they are private. I am a little surprised that MH is "permanently separated from the university", which I take to mean formally expelled. That is relatively uncommon.

I knew about the JR for pretty much anything you get into trouble for (underage possession, DIP, etc) but usually its just some standard punishment. Expulsion for a misdemeanor is odd

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conspiracy Theory: Wonder if the student judiciary board was influenced by the athletic dept.? VT hasn't seen much progression from Holmes and perhaps this was the oppurtunity to move forward without him. Opens up a scholarship and makes the depth chart a little clearer in regards to recruiting.
They could easily just bury him on the bench if they didn't want to play him.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody know what happened to Thomas Smith from 2012 class?

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality strategic move. Transition of Hite and Cav out of the football operations and into the alumni operations will still allow them to do what they do for football and for school with alumnis but also will free up $$$ in football to throw at Loeffler and Grimes to retain them. Or at least that's what I'm hoping they're doing with this. IF that is what's going on then this is a very intelligent maneuver as we need to be able to keep some of these guys for a while. I don't want us to get into a rent-a-coach scenario each year or two.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality strategic move. Transition of Hite and Cav out of the football operations and into the alumni operations will still allow them to do what they do for football and for school with alumnis but also will free up $$$ in football to throw at Loeffler and Grimes to retain them. Or at least that's what I'm hoping they're doing with this. IF that is what's going on then this is a very intelligent maneuver as we need to be able to keep some of these guys for a while. I don't want us to get into a rent-a-coach scenario each year or two.

We've rented Stinespring for a decade now.....still waiting on the return on that investment. Have a feeling it will take a salary comparable with what SEC teams are paying for VT to retain Lefty and Grimey down the road.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've rented Stinespring for a decade now.....still waiting on the return on that investment. Have a feeling it will take a salary comparable with what SEC teams are paying for VT to retain Lefty and Grimey down the road.

Well, they should pay it then. It's not like the football team is losing money. Time to invest.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they should pay it then. It's not like the football team is losing money. Time to invest.

...Assuming Weaver isn't the one in charge when it comes time to renegotiate or rehire.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford promoting Dozer's work - nice!

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dozer's video gets you in the right frame of mind -- no doubt about it.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only 18 days away