• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful.

Though I also notice a little contact with the punter, so these days it would be first down West Virginia.

Doesn't matter when the punt is blocked. What a great night that was. The amazing thing about the Wayne Ward block/TD return is that many of us were high-fiving each other and celebrating the block. A few seconds later, Andre Davis was running right in front of our section and only then did we realize we were about to score. That is one of the most memorable games I have attended. Several WVU ones would be on my list. That was a great rivalry (on the field).

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't matter when the punt is blocked. What a great night that was. The amazing thing about the Wayne Ward block/TD return is that many of us were high-fiving each other and celebrating the block. A few seconds later, Andre Davis was running right in front of our section and only then did we realize we were about to score. That is one of the most memorable games I have attended. Several WVU ones would be on my list. That was a great rivalry (on the field).

True, but these days the VT players seem to hit the punter but not block the punt.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Beautiful.

Though I also notice a little contact with the punter, so these days it would be first down West Virginia.

Running into/roughing the punter doesnt apply on a block. FWIW though he did step out at about the 3.5-4 yard line, ah the days before reviews.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Am I the only person here skeptical with Loeffler's offense. At Temple they only passed for 1400 and Auburn 1800 yards. His offense isn't really a prostyle, he option reads too much for my liking. And he struggles to score against strong competion. Watch his offense on youtube, it isnt truly a prostyle. What do you guys think?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Am I the only person here skeptical with Loeffler's offense. At Temple they only passed for 1400 and Auburn 1800 yards. His offense isn't really a prostyle, he option reads too much for my liking. And he struggles to score against strong competion. Watch his offense on youtube, it isnt truly a prostyle. What do you guys think?

Oh yeah I am. The statistics don't exactly fill you with confidence. He however is not Stinespring and that's almost a guaranteed improvement. If he can come in and fix LT and Grimes can fix the O-line then everything will be fine

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we're all going to be skeptical until we see results on the field ..

Temple is .. well Temple. I'm impressed that he took Temple-like offensive talent, found their strengths, and worked a game plan around the strengths and away from weaknesses. And Temple's passing game was very efficient, though they passed just a little.

Auburn was a trainwreck last season. Their were four underclassman starting on the oline last season due to injury and other problems. Their "highly rated" QB was overrated. Their athletes aren't pro athletes. Chizik is a dickhead .. You give him a pass on that one.

Now, he actually made Tim Tebow look like a pretty damned good QB. His passing efficiency was off the charts. He turned Henne and Navarre into NFL-caliber QBs (quite an accomplishment). He has blessings from some pretty impressive coaches (Meyer, Addazio, Carr .. was offered the Bama OC position but chose the NFL route instead, was in the mix for the LSU OC position when the QB coach at Florida).

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like little fuller is going to have to step up pretty significantly as a Freshman. Or Danaldven Manning (if he can exceed 150 lbs) or Riley.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no. Any more word on what / how bad it is?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to 247, he will be out for 6-8 weeks. From what I can tell, torn ACL.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the same info. That means at best he is back a week or so before the beginning of the season.

Tookes, Manning, Riley, Kendall, get working!

I feel really bad for Tone though. he is such a hard worker and good dude.