• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

goalies

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we talked about free agents and guys like bernier, schneider, quick, and vokoun.

what about all the other goalies we could trade for?

here is a list.

bryzgalov
anderson
rinne
backstrom
giguere
neuvirth (this is the guy from washington)
khabibulin
ersberg

ok after i looked up some goalies i realized there were not much out there. anyway, i think backstrom is possible.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we couldve had Bryzgalov for nothing still pissed about that, other than him I would take Rinne, and Backstrom off that list...dont really care for the rest. I would really like Vokoun if we could ever fit him under the cap.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok cool, mark one off the list. instead of saying who we think they should get it would probably be easier to say who they will not get and narrow the list that way.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will not get Ryan Miller.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok let me try to narrow down the list of possibilities.

bernier, quick, ersberg, vokoun, schneider, ellis, mason and backstrom. i thought the list would be longer. these are the only possibilities i see being good fits.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted over there that Columbus is interested in Carter, so you may want to add the other Mason to the list as well.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok steve mason. it just does not make sense to me though. i did hear columbus liked carter. it just does not make sense that they would trade a good young goalie unless they have a new guy ready to step up.

i am not sure how i feel about mason though. hopefully he is better than pascal leclaire.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally believe we will be getting Bernier before the draft, I am hoping Brown is included but I'm thinking we may be sending some prospects along with Carter(Legein or Marshall) to LA on the low end maybe Coburn on the high to complete the trade.

Personally I love this trade.... Now if we could only steal Bobby Ryan from the Ducks :P

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think harding from minnesota could be on the list too.. also, unpopular maybe but a possibility, turco.. at the right price i think he'd be a good fit

also depending on what chicago does with its cap situation niemi might be semi-available.. but he's RFA i believe so he'd cost picks that the flyers dont have, so maybe he's not available to the flyers haha

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like a young prospect like Bernier or Schneider.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
same. there are so many possibilities though. i have not really had any luck on trying to narrow it down just based on the situation.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinions on the guys you named to help narrow it down some.

bryzgalov- can't see Phoenix giving him up now, and if they did what they expect in return would be insane

anderson- older solid goalie just had an amazing season, but I wouldn't want to bank on a repeat

rinne- didn't he just get re-signed?

backstrom- could most likely be had but again we woudl have to give up a good bit and he has a 6 mill cap hit

giguere- Burke loves jiggy and he was brough to toronto to mentor "the monster" can't see him being available without over paying for him.

neuvirth (this is the guy from washington)- this is a wild card of sorts cause niether teams have a lot of cap space if washington was willing to part with him they woudl prob want Giroux or JVR which is a huge no no.

khabibulin- I'm going to pretend like he wasn't listed and just move on

ersberg- good prospect but supposedly not ready to step up into the NHL yet.

Steve Mason- first time hearing his name being avaiable, I highly doubt he is but again it would come at a high cost.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
those are not guys i really want besides backstrom. i was just throwing names out there. i really am thinking it will be mason or ellis though.

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
neuvirth (this is the guy from washington)- this is a wild card of sorts cause niether teams have a lot of cap space if washington was willing to part with him they woudl prob want Giroux or JVR which is a huge no no.

Washington wouldn't want another forward...they'd want a defenseman...probably someone like a Carle and/or Coburn and a Pick.