• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT #9: Flyers @ Canadiens

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was just a matter of the Flyers not getting any lucky bounces while they were dominating throughout the first and then Montreal getting all of them when they started to ramp it up in the second. I think it ends a lot differently if we get the bounces we'd normally get in that strong first period. Once it got to 3-1 Montreal, this game was over as we just lost our composure and were never competitive again.

Too many damn shots of the post and not in the back of the net for our Flyers. Montreal was probably due some lucky bounces and they got them tonight.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your idea of shifting some lines but Lava needs to solidify some lines and find some chemistry, he keeps out thinking his self. Bad bounces don't help either.

I was doing some surfing and caught a bit of an interview with Berube on 8/23 and according to him it may take up to 40 games for this team to fully understand Lavy's left-wing-lock and defensive responsibilities.

I call BS. IMO - If it takes a professional athlete 40 games to "jell" into a coaches system, they need to be sent packing or have their brain examined for functionality.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Lavy I'd try the following

Harts - G - Jagr
JVR - Schenn - Simmonds
Read - DB - Vorachek
Talbot- Cooter - Nodl

I'm not sure wtf to do with the D, maybe

Timo Lilja
Carle Coburn
Mez Walker

I think it's time to wave Walkerand bring Gustaffson up or make a move to help the team on D.

This team is so damn promising and at the same time insanely frustrating.

Totally agree with the lines I understand that you can't keep changing them but while Read looks good at center the lines doing nothing so why not give Schenn a chance and hopefully it sparks JVR and Jake at the same time.

I'd like to see Gusty too but I don't want to get too down with Walker yet he can be a tough player come playoffs and they may need him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was doing some surfing and caught a bit of an interview with Berube on 8/23 and according to him it may take up to 40 games for this team to fully understand Lavy's left-wing-lock and defensive responsibilities.

I call BS. IMO - If it takes a professional athlete 40 games to "jell" into a coaches system, they need to be sent packing or have their brain examined for functionality.

Agreed but at the same time this system has be second nature where players don't react they know where to go....I believe that's where the pens are at and why they have success. The beauty of this is that once they do get it this team has such a high ceiling it will be fun to watch. If that first period was anything of what's about to come they are going to the cup....

I also think that Berube's just trying to take the pressure off of this team and let them grow hoping that us fans will be patient. Its just hard to wait as we can all see the talent out there!

Hey Tox maybe you should set up a coachs corner with comments from the staff nice to hear what they're saying...

Last edited by a moderator:

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lilja is a useless tit.

Wtf was Timmonen doing going up the wall with little time left in the 1st period, he cost the team a goal, along with Lilja who gave the stupid penalty away in a period where the Canadiens sucked and Flyers dominated. That gave them life.

2nd period I can't believe Simmonds missed that empty net, and Giroux got robbed to, then they got 2 fluky goals, what a fucking waste, they gave away that game.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 games? lmao... horrible attempt to cover themselves if they suck (meaning he said it before the season started.)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but at the same time this system has be second nature where players don't react they know where to go....I believe that's where the pens are at and why they have success. The beauty of this is that once they do get it this team has such a high ceiling it will be fun to watch. If that first period was anything of what's about to come they are going to the cup....

I also think that Berube's just trying to take the pressure off of this team and let them grow hoping that us fans will be patient. Its just hard to wait as we can all see the talent out there!

Hey Tox maybe you should set up a coachs corner with comments from the staff nice to hear what they're saying...

That would be cool if I had access to them or had the time to check their Twitter pages, but...I don't and I won't, so I can't. lol Sorry Triple F.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the bruins excuse? :tm:

Short offseason and all, ya know? ;)

Nah really though, they are all even saying we flat out suck ass right now. CJ is not pleased with the effort being put forth. A couple more losses and I would expect a big move. There was a press conference on Tuesday I believe. Nothing much was said, it was last minute, but I think it was a scare tactic to get these guys thinking they are replacable and that this is a new season, Stanley Cup high is over for the players... Get to work.

We got what should be an easy road coming up... Habs, Sens, Leafs, Isles, Oil, Sabres (going to this game). If we go on like a 2-4 skid here, gonna be a move or two I bet. Bruins are looking to comfortable in their laxative play.