• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give Me Your

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I get excited when anyone talks about a replacement for Servais, my gut tells me that Dipoto will never replace his best bud. As the GM, if he hasn't seen the shortfalls of his manager after this long, he either is inept or is continuing to hope his manager will develop into a real manager. (either way it doesn't show much for Dipoto imo) After seeing that 95' video showing Lou and hearing players talk about him, I really would like to see a manager who has a set of testicles and kicks ass when needed instead of just pouting and getting that constipated look on his face. :gaah:

I agree with you that it appears unlikely he'd replace Servais. I think the only scenario in which Servais gets fired is if things look really bad in 2020 and the odds of contending in 2021 look bleak and the front office puts pressure on Dipoto to make a change - which is a bit far away and I'd find it unlikely. If things start looking up, Dipoto would have no reason to fire Servais.

We justifiably bitch and moan about Servais, but if Dipoto's plan works out and the team does contend in 2021 it would be a strange move to fire him then despite his mismanagement.

Even if Servais were to be fired, I anticipate the replacement would be a Servais clone.