• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants worth 2 Billion Dollars

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Forbes Magazine the Giants jumped 100% in one year from 1 Billion to 2 Billion dollars in value. The next biggest jump was by the Nats who gained 89% in one year to 1.28 Billion.

Giants now stand 4th on the list for MLB value.

1) Yankees 3.2 Billion

2) Dodgers 2.4 Billion

3) Red Sox 2.1 Billion

Giants have closed the gap on the Dodgers so I expect more from the Organization including spending more on players especially in the Dominican and Cuban areas of the world. A 1 Billion dollar jump in one year is a huge amount so lets drop the hammer and go get some more quality ballplayers. No crying poor..spend the money and also pay the concession stand workers who are due a raise. They are printing up money down at 24 Willie Mays Plaza ...it's time to spread the wealth.

Go Giants !!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Forbes Magazine the Giants jumped 100% in one year from 1 Billion to 2 Billion dollars in value. The next biggest jump was by the Nats who gained 89% in one year to 1.28 Billion.

Giants now stand 4th on the list for MLB value.

1) Yankees 3.2 Billion

2) Dodgers 2.4 Billion

3) Red Sox 2.1 Billion

Giants have closed the gap on the Dodgers so I expect more from the Organization including spending more on players especially in the Dominican and Cuban areas of the world. A 1 Billion dollar jump in one year is a huge amount so lets drop the hammer and go get some more quality ballplayers. No crying poor..spend the money and also pay the concession stand workers who are due a raise. They are printing up money down at 24 Willie Mays Plaza ...it's time to spread the wealth.

Go Giants !!

And still they give us McGeHee instead of Tomas, Aoki instead of Upton and Kemp and Vogelsong instead of Lester or Shields.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record McGehee is batting .341 this spring and has looked real good. Aoki is coming around, and Vogey has been a valued part of the leadership of this ballclub.Sabean has pushed all the right buttons so I have no problems with the Organization. I just hope they are more open with the wallet going forward especially going after free agents and young developing players. I just want to beat out the Dodgers on ONE of these prospects coming out of Cuba instead of always just kicking the tires. The Giants have a chance to really put some heat now on the Dodgers with their bankroll. It's time to attack instead of just sitting back and reaping the rewards of a scrappy club who have laid it all out there on the line. The players deserve more also. I say attack and show everyone the Giants mean business moving forward. Drop the fucking hammer down on all of MLB especially the Dodgers and go kick some more ass..

Go Giants !!

Last edited:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still they give us McGeHee instead of Tomas, Aoki instead of Upton and Kemp and Vogelsong instead of Lester or Shields.

Value in this sense does not necessarily equate to additional cash to buy players. They would have to sell the team to realize the cash. It may not be easy to translate the capital appreciation to cash.

Suppose your house suddenly went up in value, but there was no way you would move. Short of taking out a home equity loan, there would be no way to translate your added net worth to buy that sports car you always coveted, until you sold the house.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Value in this sense does not necessarily equate to additional cash to buy players. They would have to sell the team to realize the cash. It may not be easy to translate the capital appreciation to cash.

Suppose your house suddenly went up in value, but there was no way you would move. Short of taking out a home equity loan, there would be no way to translate your added net worth to buy that sports car you always coveted, until you sold the house.

The Giants have made a ton of money the last five years. A fucking ton ! They have the money. 3.2 Million people every year go through the turnstiles. They have the money.

Also when the loan is paid off soon on the Park the value of the team will skyrocket once again. They also have a huge real estate venture in the works scheduled for 2020 that will blow your mind.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would certainly think you could borrow against that value.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record McGehee is batting .341 this spring and has looked real good. Aoki is coming around, and Vogey has been a valued part of the leadership of this ballclub.Sabean has pushed all the right buttons so I have no problems with the Organization. I just hope they are more open with the wallet going forward especially going after free agents and young developing players. I just want to beat out the Dodgers on ONE of these prospects coming out of Cuba instead of always just kicking the tires. The Giants have a chance to really put some heat now on the Dodgers with their bankroll. It's time to attack instead of just sitting back and reaping the rewards of a scrappy club who have laid it all out there on the line. The players deserve more also. I say attack and show everyone the Giants mean business moving forward. Drop the fucking hammer down on all of MLB especially the Dodgers and go kick some more ass..

Go Giants !!

But wouldn't you rather have the guys I mentioned? Every time I hear them crying about the budget I want to puke.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn't you rather have the guys I mentioned? Every time I hear them crying about the budget I want to puke.

Hey Man, it's hard to argue with 3 WS Championships in 5 years. I hear what you are saying but I believe in Sabean. He just has to convince the money men to attack while the iron is hot. Let's give the new guys a shot before you judge them.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have made a ton of money the last five years. A fucking ton ! They have the money. 3.2 Million people every year go through the turnstiles. They have the money.

Also when the loan is paid off soon on the Park the value of the team will skyrocket once again. They also have a huge real estate venture in the works scheduled for 2020 that will blow your mind.

Maybe so, maybe not. You quote the figure of 3.2 million going through the turnstiles, but you don't take into account any of the costs - payroll, stadium operations, the loan, coaches, marketing, minor leagues costs, scouting, insurances, extremely high California taxes and regulation costs, etc, etc, etc.

Also, some would argue that our economy is in a Fed-induced super-bubble that could burst at any moment. Many other political and military threats exist that could shut the economy off for quite some time. The owners are entitled to make a profit on their huge capital outlay while it lasts.

waca1791

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this guy is serious! Haven't "they" put trophies in the case?! Has he learned nothing over the past 6 years? He has and does sound like castacore? How do I put him on ignore?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy is serious! Haven't "they" put trophies in the case?! Has he learned nothing over the past 6 years? He has and does sound like castacore? How do I put him on ignore?
I don't think you have the ability to ignore him until you get 50 posts.

But to do it, click on his name and you should see the option right there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Man, it's hard to argue with 3 WS Championships in 5 years. I hear what you are saying but I believe in Sabean. He just has to convince the money men to attack while the iron is hot. Let's give the new guys a shot before you judge them.

That point is very tough to argue and the Giants' use it well when excusing themselves for not spending on quality players. The one I can't stand is the "budget" excuse. They are one of the richest franchises in any sport.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, maybe not. You quote the figure of 3.2 million going through the turnstiles, but you don't take into account any of the costs - payroll, stadium operations, the loan, coaches, marketing, minor leagues costs, scouting, insurances, extremely high California taxes and regulation costs, etc, etc, etc.

Also, some would argue that our economy is in a Fed-induced super-bubble that could burst at any moment. Many other political and military threats exist that could shut the economy off for quite some time. The owners are entitled to make a profit on their huge capital outlay while it lasts.

Charles Johnson who is one of the heavy hitters owning the club is worth 6 Billion Bucks all by himself. Trust me Man, these owners won 't end up in any soup lines anytime soon. This team is flush with money right now with tons more rolling in this year and in the future. I would just like to see the Giants go for it and put some of that cash back into the club. Attack the Dodgers and let them know this team means business. We are living through the glory days of Giants baseball. I say ATTACK and rewrite all the history books. Lets go on a run no one will ever forget. KICK SOME ASS !

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why must the org act as a non-profit? The owners are rich because they dont throw money away.

If you want an org that ignore their outflows, than buy a team yourself and ignore everything but wins. As it is, the current ownership group is putting an absolutely amazing product on the field, putting together on of the top salaries in the majors and still making money. What in the world is there to argue about (big-picture wise, I mean).

Saying you don't like McGehee is totally OK. Saying you don't like Aoki is totally OK. Saying the Giants got them because they are cheep is simply ignorant and nothing more than trollish.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG .... CASTACORE (SP) ..... a name from the past ..... a very very long time ago .... and the MOST negative poster I have EVER run across ....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Johnson who is one of the heavy hitters owning the club is worth 6 Billion Bucks all by himself. Trust me Man, these owners won 't end up in any soup lines anytime soon. This team is flush with money right now with tons more rolling in this year and in the future. I would just like to see the Giants go for it and put some of that cash back into the club. Attack the Dodgers and let them know this team means business. We are living through the glory days of Giants baseball. I say ATTACK and rewrite all the history books. Lets go on a run no one will ever forget. KICK SOME ASS !

I like it! Greed has its price though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why must the org act as a non-profit? The owners are rich because they dont throw money away.

If you want an org that ignore their outflows, than buy a team yourself and ignore everything but wins. As it is, the current ownership group is putting an absolutely amazing product on the field, putting together on of the top salaries in the majors and still making money. What in the world is there to argue about (big-picture wise, I mean).

Saying you don't like McGehee is totally OK. Saying you don't like Aoki is totally OK. Saying the Giants got them because they are cheep is simply ignorant and nothing more than trollish.

Owning a sports team is not about the bottom line as with other businessese. If it is, then you shouldn't be in this business. This business is about winning and granted the Giants are winning championships at an unprecedented rate but I want them to be a dynasty, not sneak into the playoffs and hope to get hot like they've done. In at least two of their WS runs they didn't even win the division. The margin of error is to slim.

If you say grabbing guys off the dumpster heap like Aoki and McGeHee is not cheap, then what is the reason? Why not go after the best available?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it! Greed has its price though.

There is nothing wrong with competing and wanting to WIN. It has nothing to do with greed. It's about dropping the fucking hammer on the competition and the will to win. This is pro sports. No one is passing out orange slices to the kids at the end of games.

Last edited:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying the Giants have to raise the payroll 40 million this year but at least throw us fans a bone by putting some of that money that is flowing in back into the team and really go for it all once again

I don't want to just sneak into the playoffs as a wild card and be OK with that. I want the Dodgers and I want those A- holes bad. I want to kick their ass every year in the West.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I love Eddie D. so much is that every year he kept the peddle to the metal and went for it every year. He never skimped on anything. First class all the way. The 49ers were deep sometimes 3 men deep at every position. When they needed a player Eddie D. opened the wallet and brought him in. He also expected results and the 49ers backed him up with 5 SB Trophy's. I love Eddie D. He was always looking to KICK SOME ASS ! Always !