• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants remove Jason Piere-Paul from PUP list

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Giants have taken Jason Pierre-Paul off the physically unable to perform list.

The star defensive end had been sidelined since undergoing surgery on his back June 4. The Giants' timetable for return was for Pierre-Paul to potentially be ready for the season opener against the Dallas Cowboys on Sept. 8.

Pierre-Paul said that while the pain in his back from before his surgery is no longer there, he is still taking things day to day. And he remains unsure of whether he will be ready for the opener.

"I am not playing any preseason games," Pierre-Paul said of the preseason finale against New England on Thursday. "I don't even know [about] the Dallas game. Right now I am trying to get better and test it out and see how it is, taking on double-teams. Right now [there] is nothing to be said [about if] I [am] going to play come the opener or not. I am taking it day by day."

Source: ESPN New York

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to here. It will be a big blow to the Defense if he is unable to go for week one. I hope all goes well and he has no set backs.