• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants losers in Winter Meetings?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. I'd take Hardy with Miggy as a backup over Runzler in the pen, though.

I'd take that, too. Tejada scares me in the field. I know of 2 singles hit by Giants should've been outs, or at least contested infield hits or eventual errors. He doesn't have great range, but positioning can mask that. We'll see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damon Douche leads this brigade "Sabean won a WC, and so he gets a pass, BUT....whine, whine, whine, big bat, missed on Crawford, whine, whine, simper."

Ownership expanded the budget to $120MM and presumably will give Sabes the flexibility to address needs at the trading deadline. I like the old adage that it takes April and May to see what you've got; June and July to see what you need. Sabes is likely thinking he's upgraded over 2010 like this:
1. Full year of Buster
2. Panda will improve
3. Belt will likely push Huff Daddy to LF

Another way to look at it -- starting lineups on opening day:
2010: Rowand, Rent, Panda, Huff, DeRosa, Molina, Bowker, Uribe
2011: Torres, Franchez, Huff, Posey, Tejada, Panda, Ross, Belt

That's improvement at EVERY single batting position with the exception of 8.
We've go the pieces to contend.

Good points Tzill.

Re: Damon Doosh. I listened to his radio show the day after we won the WS.

I was expecting a mea culpa when it came to Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean, a 3 hour long celebration, and some good calls.

But what did I get? This dickhead spent the WHOLE show bitching that he had to "work" on the radio, and he wasn't allowed at the parade(reading between lines, Neukom and Baer and co. probably told KNBR to keep the douche out of the parade).

Then went on to "This show brings the TRUTH. Giants fans, we're done celebrating. We're gonna look at what it's going to take win one next year and repeat."

After that, bunch of Jayson Werth/Crawford nonsense and general douche-baggery. Mind you, this is THE FIRST DAY AFTER THE WS.

Long story short, Damon is a dumbass.

Also agree with your take on the offense. It's going to be improved.

1) Posey for whole year>Posey for 4 months.
2) Ross in RF>Guillen/Bowker Schierholtz
3)Torres for whole year> Torres for 4 1/2 months.
4)Rowand ain't gettin' 350 at-bats this year.

Then there's what I call "untapped" potential for the 11' season.

Panda-Could hit his career averages and bounce back. Question mark though.

Belt-Has a chance to make immediate impact. We'll see.

Only downgrade offensively I see is Miggy for Uribe, and I don't see it as a big difference.

Seeing as how this offense was league average last year, I expect to see it as above average this year.