• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giacomini out for four weeks?.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks RT Breno Giacomini has surgery on knee

Starting right tackle Breno Giacomini, who was sorely missed in Sunday’s wild comeback victory over the Texans, underwent arthroscopic surgery Monday morning to remove “loose bodies” from his sore knee, coach Pete Carroll said.

“He had very good results,” Carroll told 710 ESPN Seattle radio hosts Brock Huard and Danny O’Neil on Monday morning. “He had some stuff in his knee that was causing him some problems that they cleaned up. He could make a very quick recovery on that one.”

“He had loose bodies — did not have a lot of damage other than that,” Carroll added. “So that’s really encouraging, because they clean that stuff out and it’s just like it wasn’t there. So we’ll hopefully get him back quickly.”

Giacomini, 28, left the Jacksonville game Sept. 22 after his already sore knee flared up. He missed practice all of last week and was inactive for Sunday’s game in Houston.

The Seahawks were without three starters on the offensive line Sunday — Giacomini, left tackle Russell Okung and center Max Unger — and it showed. Russell Wilson and the Hawks offense couldn’t get anything going against the blitzing Texans for the better part of three quarters, only to surge back in the fourth quarter and force overtime once Wilson put the team on his back.

Rookie Michael Bowie started in Giacomini’s place, and backup Lemuel Jeanpierre stepped into Unger’s spot. To account for Okung, who is on the injured reserve for six more weeks with a toe injury, the Seahawks slid left guard Paul McQuistan over to tackle and started James Carpenter at left guard.

The fact Seattle pulled off the 23-20 overtime victory, with three starters missing from the O-line and against Houston’s hard-hitting pass-rush, is nothing short of incredible.

“Well, we made it, we survived,” Carroll said on 710. “I thought Lem (Jeanpierre) played particularly well; he did a good job in the middle. Michael (Bowie) had his moments where he did some really good things, and then he struggled at times. And Paul (McQuistan) had issues on that left side, over there — (the Texans) were roaring off the edge, too.

“So, we survived it, basically, and got through the game, and we’ll be better for it. I think it’s an enormous accomplishment to face it that way. And I’m proud of that — really proud that those guys could pull it off, get a win and get out of there. Because we’ll be stronger, we’ll be better because of this.”

Meanwhile, Carroll said that Unger (arm) is “really excited about getting back and feeling pretty good.” The Seahawks will see how much their All-Pro center can practice this week before the team heads to Indianapolis next weekend.

Seahawks RT Breno Giacomini has surgery on knee - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bright side Unger should be back.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he makes a quick recovery. Im more concerned about Unger. I want him back in there because its ridiculous to have your entire line jump for a play but have your center not snap the ball. That was infuriating.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way... Bowie has already gone up against the best pass rusher in the league in his first career start, so his biggest test is out of the way. Each team we play over the next month has a good pass rusher (at least, I'm assuming that Tennessee has one), but none of them are on Watt's level and they can give him TE help if he really needs it. It's a good test for the rookie. I'm more concerned about not having Unger in there, so hopefully he's back this week.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, definitely need Unger back. That comeback might not have happened had that ball squirted into the endzone instead of dropping at the 1 and RW falling on it. Instead, 99 yard drive for the score and bring it to a one possesion game with around 5 minutes left I think.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surgery is not a word you want to hear but hopefully this allows Giacomini to fully recover. I'm guessing he is done for a while though, at least 2 weeks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the "we need Unger to play crowd". Playing without three starters is the pits. We know that Okung is out for a while,but I think the Seahawks can limp around OK with McQuistan, no choice really.
Now Giacomini is out for a couple of games, could end up being a good thing if Bowie can develope. A big if I know , but what choice is there? That leaves Unger, he appears to be the only one that may be back right now. Like Podunkparte said, seeing every line men go on a snap and have the center not snap the frigging ball! Lets cross our fingers for Unger to be back.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Lem did a pretty good job as far as snapping the ball. There were a couple issues, but for his second game I think, pretty good. Rather have Unger in there though. He can make the snaps and make the blocks.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like everyone else stated, not to concerned about BG, Unger is the main concern. We need him back ASAP. I think Bowie will be fine and get better going forward.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick 3 guys on this team that we absolutely cannot lose one of them definately would be Unger and it showed. Im hopeful he can be back this week.
Not having Giac sucks but if there was one guy on the line that was ok yesterday I think it was Bowie and like someone said he already has experience against the best pass rusher. Also Giac is UFA after the year so the RT position needs to be addressed. If Bowie works out that is a cheap option that we wouldnt need to address.
Also I think we need to give Bailey a shot at LT. Mcquistin has been pretty sketchy there. Im not shocked though because he is a G at the end of the day.