• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Get ready to turn your guns in

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many may try but none will succeed. I ll be more than happy to guide the ones who come to sieze mine to Vallhalla.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I just skimmed over the article, and could have missed something there.... I didn't see anywhere where anyone was going to take anyones guns? All I saw was that they wanted to regulate the trade of firearms across international borders. What does this have to do with someone "coming to take your guns"? What is the problem with regulating the international trade of weapons that could seemingly fall into the hands of foreign tyrants and terrorists?

****I say this from the perspective of someone who personally owns a firearm, and am in full favor of every sane individual in the country owning one. Not some "libtard" as I have heard some people refer.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I just skimmed over the article, and could have missed something there.... I didn't see anywhere where anyone was going to take anyones guns? All I saw was that they wanted to regulate the trade of firearms across international borders. What does this have to do with someone "coming to take your guns"? What is the problem with regulating the international trade of weapons that could seemingly fall into the hands of foreign tyrants and terrorists?

****I say this from the perspective of someone who personally owns a firearm, and am in full favor of every sane individual in the country owning one. Not some "libtard" as I have heard some people refer.

the thread title was a voluntary and purposeful overreaction to the article

merely illustrating the treaty as a possible turning point on our second amendment rights

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they talk like the NRA is a company, The NRA is Americans that have had to take a stand for what we believe in> FOOD FOR THOUGHT................. Here are some numbers in the USA.....

So Guns account for 30,694 (12,252 intentional with 80% by POS's)
Medical MAL PRACTICE kills 98,000 with 181,000 SEVERE injuries, 15 MILLION incidents of harm PER year...
Alcohol kills 75,000 per year...
Tobacco Kills 400,00 a year...50,000 NON smokers die from 2nd hand smoke... (World wide 5.4 milliona year) Do smokers care they contribute to killing 50,000 non smokers a year??? Oh and the average smoker lives 13-14 years less than a non smoker....

SO WHY DO THESE PEOPLE WANT TO BAN GUNS??? Hmmmmm just sayin that looks awful convenient doesn't it? Our Hypocrisy knows no bounds...or logic.

Per the Center for Disease Control, figures show 30,694 firearm deaths (all races, all ages, both sexes) in the United States.
Since a firearm is an inanimate object, it can not be the sole creator/ root cause of a death as it must be handled by a person in order to be fired.
A more accurate description is approximately 16,000 suicides using a firearm
Approximately 12,252 murders by firearms 80% of which are caused by felons/career criminals/gang member

WOW! that sounds like alot doesnt it?...... uhhh until you see these numbers....

The Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) seminal study of preventable medical errors estimated as many as 98,000 people die every year at a cost of $29 billion. If the Centers for Disease Control were to include preventable medical errors as a category, these conclusions would make it the sixth leading cause of death in America. 2

Further research has confirmed the extent of medical errors. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found that there were 181,000 severe injuries attributable to medical negligence in 2003.3 The Institute for Healthcare Improvement estimates there are 15 million incidents of medical harm each year.4 HealthGrades, the nation’s leading healthcare rating organization, found that Medicare patients who experienced a patient-safety incident had a one-in-five chance of dying as a result.

Or how about.......

Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested.
Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States after tobacco use and poor eating and exercise habits.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.
Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.

How about.....

Deaths & Disease in the USA from Tobacco Use
People who die each year from their own cigarette smoking: approx. 400,000
Adult nonsmokers who die each year from exposure to secondhand smoke: approx. 50,000
Kids under 18 alive today who will ultimately die from smoking (unless smoking rates decline): 6,000,000+
People in the USA who currently suffer from smoking-caused illness: 8.6 million

Worldwide-
Tobacco kills an estimated 5.4 million people every year, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), a current or former smoker dies every 6.5 seconds, If this is true, then 13,293 people die every day from tobacco.
Note: These are based on smoking tobacco, so these statistics exclude any other form of tobacco use.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if the damned thing passes I'm going BLACK POWDER at this time it is as far as I know completely unregulated,,,,and I can still do my hunting the rifles we have today will reach out to 250 yrds easily

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for Christ sake.

1rst: You can't compare gun deaths to tobacco deaths, medical malpractice deaths, vehicle deaths. A cigarette won't kill anyone much less an innocent bystander without years and years of exposure. People voluntarily put themselves in the hands of doctors, who sometimes make errors. A car is designed first and foremost to transport people, although it can be deadly. The entire design of a gun, the entire reason it was built, is to kill. That's the only reason it was invented. Now I enjoy hunting, target shooting, skeet and trap shooting, etc, but to compare gun deaths to ANY OTHER non weapon death is fucking asinine.

2nd: No one is going to come take our guns. It's just not going to happen. This UN treaty isn't going to affect your gun ownership, neither is Obama, neither is congress. I do think the tide is turning and down the road, popular opinion may sway in that direction, but we are a LOOOONG ways away from any sort of law outlawing guns in the US. I guarantee a vast majority of Americans believe firmly in the second amendment and would not put up with any attempt to repeal it.

3rd: Let's say, hypothetically, that the US repealed the second amendment, made guns illegal, and made everyone turn in their guns. It would be like Prohibition, or the war on drugs, only with guns. Gang members would continue killing, and the experiment would fail so quickly and so drastically that the whole thing wouldn't last a month.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for Christ sake.

1rst: You can't compare gun deaths to tobacco deaths, medical malpractice deaths, vehicle deaths. A cigarette won't kill anyone much less an innocent bystander without years and years of exposure. People voluntarily put themselves in the hands of doctors, who sometimes make errors. A car is designed first and foremost to transport people, although it can be deadly. The entire design of a gun, the entire reason it was built, is to kill. That's the only reason it was invented. Now I enjoy hunting, target shooting, skeet and trap shooting, etc, but to compare gun deaths to ANY OTHER non weapon death is fucking asinine.

2nd: No one is going to come take our guns. It's just not going to happen. This UN treaty isn't going to affect your gun ownership, neither is Obama, neither is congress. I do think the tide is turning and down the road, popular opinion may sway in that direction, but we are a LOOOONG ways away from any sort of law outlawing guns in the US. I guarantee a vast majority of Americans believe firmly in the second amendment and would not put up with any attempt to repeal it.

3rd: Let's say, hypothetically, that the US repealed the second amendment, made guns illegal, and made everyone turn in their guns. It would be like Prohibition, or the war on drugs, only with guns. Gang members would continue killing, and the experiment would fail so quickly and so drastically that the whole thing wouldn't last a month.

a gun is like any other tool and yes a gun is a tool,,,,,,,,it can't do anything untill someone picks it up,,,,,guns don't kill people,PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE,and will use whatever is at hand,a gun a knife a baseball bat anything with a point like a pencil

the thing is yeah they could take guns away but there is always a way to get the job done,people will always find a way to kill if they want to

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if the damned thing passes I'm going BLACK POWDER at this time it is as far as I know completely unregulated,,,,and I can still do my hunting the rifles we have today will reach out to 250 yrds easily

wow!:laser:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a gun is like any other tool and yes a gun is a tool,,,,,,,,it can't do anything untill someone picks it up,,,,,guns don't kill people,PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE,and will use whatever is at hand,a gun a knife a baseball bat anything with a point like a pencil

the thing is yeah they could take guns away but there is always a way to get the job done,people will always find a way to kill if they want to

I'm not arguing that point. That whacko in Colorado would have made a bomb or bought a gun illegally if guns were banned in this country. But you can't argue a gun isn't a completely different animal than a car, a doctor, a cigarette, a wrench, a pencil, a baseball bat, a machete, etc. Let's be realistic, a gun IS designed to kill, and just about ANYONE can kill with a gun. My seven year old daughter could go out killing people with a gun if she had one.

Again, I'm all in favor of gun rights and the second amendment, I am a gun owner and I don't plan on changing that any time soon. It's just a pretty ridiculous argument to compare guns to pencils, screwdrivers, cars, tobacco, and doctors. Apples and oranges, hell apples and grass.