• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Georgia vs Alabama 8pm (ET) espn

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt he loves coaching the kids up, he's dam good at it also.. BUT, that competitive side is gonna call, he's gonna want to have one more shot at building an NFL program and possibly getting a Super-Bowl title... If I had to lay bets, I'd bet that he's gonna give it one more go....
Again, we've heard this every single year since 2007. That competitive side you speak of will drive him to win more championships at Alabama

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULL FUCKING SHIT

Georgia was the better team that game and looked dominate at times. You guys blew it. Don't act like you lost to a better team or a better game plan. YOU BLEW IT.
Both can happen at once. Alabama was of course better than georgia. Everyone knew that and if you're actually claiming that GA is the "better team" you may be the only person in the country who thinks that Lol!

They lost a game to a better team where they had a big lead, did a poor job protecting it, and then when it became close again, the lights were a little much for them and the better and more experienced team stepped up and won.

The fact that you don't understand that the two things are not mutually exclusive is pretty worrying to tell you the truth...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both can happen at once. Alabama was of course better than georgia. Everyone knew that and if you're actually claiming that GA is the "better team" you may be the only person in the country who thinks that Lol!

They lost a game to a better team where they had a big lead, did a poor job protecting it, and then when it became close again, the lights were a little much for them and the better and more experienced team stepped up and won.

The fact that you don't understand that the two things are not mutually exclusive is pretty worrying to tell you the truth...
When did i say they are the same thing? On monday, georgia was the better team for the majority of the game. Bama had the better team, but not by a huge margin.

The coaches took the foot off the pedal and had questionable playcalls on defense. Dogs should have put that game awy.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did i say they are the same thing? On monday, georgia was the better team for the majority of the game. Bama had the better team, but not by a huge margin.

The coaches took the foot off the pedal and had questionable playcalls on defense. Dogs should have put that game awy.
I don't disagree with you about that point. When you lose a game in which you had a multiple score lead you probably did something wrong. Of course they did, and you can start and end with their three-and-out in between bama scores in the second half.

At the same time, as I've said, they were never close to sealing a win (which is the big difference between this and last year's sb that people are having fun comparing this game to) and once the double-turnover happened it was clear they had no control over the game and alabama was more at home under the pressure.

I'm not that unhappy about the game. They made some mistakes for Kirby to look at in the future. It was a fantastic season. They played the best team in the nation who gave it all they had in the second half, including unveiling their "secret weapon" when the going got tough. They failed to move the ball at critical moments and they allowed a comeback victory. I say great game to alabama, tough loss for GA, but above all a great season that can be built upon. I don't imagine that's a reaction people like you want to get out of me lol....but there it is.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia was the better team that game and looked dominate at times. You guys blew it. Don't act like you lost to a better team or a better game plan. YOU BLEW IT.

I didn't really see it that way.

I felt like we kept fucking ourselves in the 1st half, especially offensively. Georgia made some plays, but that's to be expected. But the entire time I was thinking we were still in it if we just fix our mistakes.

For example, it's 3rd and long for Georgia and their RB rips one up the sideline for a huge gain and more than a 1st down. On that play - if the defenders don't give up, he is out of bounds and 4th down. But they think he's going out of bounds. Mental error.

Missed FG - fixable...although did not.

My biggest worry was how often we were going 3 and out on offense the 1st half because Jalen was abandoning the pocket too fast on pass plays and we were calling them for some reason. I was worried the defense would get wore out. But that was fixed in the 2nd half and the defense was able to step up.

Georgia is a good team and made plays. But I never felt like the game was out of reach or that we didn't have a team good enough to win.

SorenTodd45

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of Alabama winning all of the time. As a Pac 12 fan, it's frustrating.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Bama. Please go the NFL. Or something.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize people have said this literally every single year for the past 11 years right?

I haven’t said it though, but I’m saying it now because he’s had ridiculous success and at some point he’s gonna want the challenge being the competitor he is... Critics are gonna say he can’t do it at the next level, he’s gonna try it soon... Just my guess ..

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t said it though, but I’m saying it now because he’s had ridiculous success and at some point he’s gonna want the challenge being the competitor he is... Critics are gonna say he can’t do it at the next level, he’s gonna try it soon... Just my guess ..

But you really don't know shit about the man and what he says about things right?

https://nypost.com/2018/01/08/landon-collins-suddenly-vouching-for-teammate-eli-apple/

This right here is why he will never go back to the NFL.

Landon Collins says this:

“The way he runs his organization, I’ve been through that process. I don’t like it,” Collins said. “It’s too strict. …. He’s a great winner, he’s a great coach. I don’t know if [his style] is what the organization really wants.

“I talked to guys who played for [his] team. They love winning, but at the same time, they don’t want to be on the team.”

Different mindset between college players and pro players. Saban can afford to take such a person and not play them, or do whatever he needs to do to get them to buy into the program, or he will replace them with someone who will. Landon bought in and made it to the NFL as a result, but now he's got money and he doesn't want to do that shit anymore. So you can't do that in the NFL. You get stuck with guys because of GM's, contracts, and so forth and the players have way more control in things.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would any top CFB coach want to go to the NFL? Job security is super low.

He's at Bama until he retires. I doubt he cares about "proving" himself in the NFL. He's already proved to be the best college coach of ALL TIME.

I don't see it at all man. Colin Cowherd has made some good points on why coaching college ball is better than being a NFL coach.

Simple, because he can’t be considered the best coach of all time failing at the NFL level, he will want the challenge, dude he’s already a multi millionaire, do you think that’s his motivation, security ? He’s a millionaire already... Nick Saban is a great coach BUT, he couldn’t get it done at the highest level, that’s what people will say... Get back to this post, we’ll see ....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, because he can’t be considered the best coach of all time failing at the NFL level, he will want the challenge, dude he’s already a multi millionaire, do you think that’s his motivation, security ? He’s a millionaire already... Nick Saban is a great coach BUT, he couldn’t get it done at the highest level, that’s what people will say... Get back to this post, we’ll see ....

He likes having an impact on kids learning the game of football and doesn't like dealing with the bullshit of rich NFL players.

He says this like over and over and over. And he wants to keep doing it as long as he can do it while having success.

But guess what you want I suppose.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you really don't know shit about the man and what he says about things right?

https://nypost.com/2018/01/08/landon-collins-suddenly-vouching-for-teammate-eli-apple/

This right here is why he will never go back to the NFL.

Landon Collins says this:

Different mindset between college players and pro players. Saban can afford to take such a person and not play them, or do whatever he needs to do to get them to buy into the program, or he will replace them with someone who will. Landon bought in and made it to the NFL as a result, but now he's got money and he doesn't want to do that shit anymore. So you can't do that in the NFL. You get stuck with guys because of GM's, contracts, and so forth and the players have way more control in things.

Not if Saban is given full control, No GM can screw him over with sub par talent, he can run the program, that's what Pete Carroll has done with the Seahawks, that was one of his demands when Seattle hired him... Sure Seattle has a GM, but Pete has the final say with roster moves... Saban can demand that...