• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 5) Kings at Sharks - 7:30PM

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no question that nemo has flat out stunk this series, but in the two losses the sharks have a combined 1 goal. It's just like every year, people balme the goalie when the team can't score. They blamed nabby despite him getting about a goal per game average of support in the losses.

They have a total on 1 1st period goal. That's terrible and puts a ton of pressure on your D and netminder. This team is up and that's obviously good, but there are major major problems that will be exposed by a better team if they dont get fixed in the next week.

Even the merc has a whole story on how inconsistent the sharks are and how they dont care some of the time. It's their MO, its well known, but it's rediculous to be known as the most talented team that chooses not to show up and get's high on itself. Even Tmac equates himself to a parent! That makes sense for a team lkke edmonton where half the roster can't legally drink, but when you are a parent to 30+ year olds becasue they act like rookies, then that's amazing.

once again I never blamed the goaltending in the past. Outside of the first 2 games the team has played very well outside of the 4th line and nemo.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets be honest outside of neimi shitting the goal crease in the first, the sharks completely dominated that game in all areas except goaltending. and how many bounces did the sharks get that game? I can think of only 1, and that was the post hit when nitty was in net.

the kings cannot count on that kinda luck again.

+1

Niemi crapped the bed. The sharks poured it on, but Quick made some nice saves, and when he gave up a rebound, he got a good bounce. I like our chances if both teams come out and play the same way.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
+1

Niemi crapped the bed. The sharks poured it on, but Quick made some nice saves, and when he gave up a rebound, he got a good bounce. I like our chances if both teams come out and play the same way.

well except neimi lol he has to have atleast an average game

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you folks seriously need to chill out. We all know the history of this team, but I think it's clouding the perception of what you're seeing on the ice today.

Patty and Joe have not "sucked" during this series... they have been two of the hardest working forwards on this team, offensive statistics aside. Joe, particularly, has been flying. It hasn't translated into points, but it has allowed for long periods of puck possession and good defense. If he keeps it up, the points will come.

Saturday's game was a tale of two goaltenders... Quick stood on his head and Niemi crapped the bed. If they play that exact game five times, the sharks win four of them. As a team, they dominated. I was pretty enthused with their performance overall.

I'll be pissed with a listless performance tonight, but I didn't see one on Saturday, other than Niemi.

Wallin update - that dude seriously wants me to eat crow... I'm starting with the tail feathers for brunch and will be working my way to the beak before gametime :-P Douche.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I should have added that as a qualifier...

Are you surprised that Nitty isn't getting the start? I am.

no, because if the sharks are going to make any kind of run, they need nemo. let him work through it against a beatable oppenet

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who are their 20 goal scorers?

I count simmonds, smyth, williams, kopitar, stoll, Brown. I suppose Penner as well given the trade. Its a stretch to list ponikarovski or handzus though I suppose it's possible.

That said, none of those guys are superstars aside from kopitar. It's a bunch of 2nd and 3rd liners who shouldnt be holding a candle to thronton, marleau, heater and company. Doughty is a superduper star and a total stud, but nevertheless, this is a team that couldnt score and then their leading scorer by a mile goes down and they still are outscoring the sharks this series.

The sharks are struggling to handle kyle clifford and brad richardson. I mean, come on... that's like nichol and mayers dominating. How anyone can say these teams are anywhere near even must stem only from the historic playoff chokes that gives the sharks opponents a nice edge.

if they do get by LA, it will be interesting to see how they match up against detroit or chicago, teams will real players...

Handzus (5 or 6 time 20 goal scorer), Poni (Has averaged 20 goals a season since the lockout), Stoll, Smyth, Brown, Kopitar, Penner, Simmonds, and Williams are the 9 that could easily all make 20 goals. Richardson is the other who has 20+ goal potential.

You shouldn't discredit Richardson, he is a tremendous player. He's from the same mold as Andrew Ladd and Dave Bolland whom gave the Sharks fits last year. Clifford, while a grinding 3rd/4th liner, is much more skilled than either Mayers or Nichols.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of you folks seriously need to chill out. We all know the history of this team, but I think it's clouding the perception of what you're seeing on the ice today.

Patty and Joe have not "sucked" during this series... they have been two of the hardest working forwards on this team, offensive statistics aside. Joe, particularly, has been flying. It hasn't translated into points, but it has allowed for long periods of puck possession and good defense. If he keeps it up, the points will come.

Saturday's game was a tale of two goaltenders... Quick stood on his head and Niemi crapped the bed. If they play that exact game five times, the sharks win four of them. As a team, they dominated. I was pretty enthused with their performance overall.

I'll be pissed with a listless performance tonight, but I didn't see one on Saturday, other than Niemi.

Wallin update - that dude seriously wants me to eat crow... I'm starting with the tail feathers for brunch and will be working my way to the beak before gametime :-P Douche.

Sorry Dean but Marleau, up until game 5, had not been good at all.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dean but Marleau, up until game 5, had not been good at all.

I may have been reaching with those comments about Marleau (although I don't think he's been bad).

The intent of my comment was focused more on Joe's game. Anyway, here's to the entire team playing their collective asses off tonite!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I may have been reaching with those comments about Marleau (although I don't think he's been bad).

The intent of my comment was focused more on Joe's game. Anyway, here's to the entire team playing their collective asses off tonite!

As long as the play as hard as they did saturday, and Niemi plays well, it should be a done deal