• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 5) Kings at Sharks - 7:30PM

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ok now that was a nice save, gotta give it to him now. He made all the stops he should have, where Nemo failed. And now he's made 3 big stops.

Sad to say that this should be a 1-1 game right now

Naw I hear you man, we didn't necessarily make life hard for him i.e. in LA but he made those routine saves, whereas we can't make the case for Nemo. Defensive breakdowns or not, he hasn't been that good in 60% of the games in this series. Quick was on fire tonight and deserved the result. As for Nemo.... :mad2:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, our PP, esp at home, is absolutely atrocious...

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough loss boys. See you at Staples. Quick was a monster.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
replace wallin with and nitty for niemi for game 6

had that happened tonight we'd be eyeing round 2

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
replace braun for wallin and nitty for niemi for game 6

had that happened tonight we'd be eyeing round 2

The only way Braun starts is if Wallin would have lost that battle to the boards. He didn't, so we're screwed...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, tough loss. Sharks outplayed the Kings by a mile, but didn't get the win. Gotta give full credit to Quick. The kid played out of his mind and deserved the win. Sharks now have to go play a game 6 on the road. If they don't win there, it will be another 7 game first round where even if they win the series.....

I really hope Heatley and Wallin have sore vagina's for next game. God those two are fucking worthless.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Braun starts is if Wallin would have lost that battle to the boards. He didn't, so we're screwed...

unfortunately-this is the truth.

If SJ loses this series im going to state of the sharks (or w.e it's called) and gonna be talkin a whole lotta shit towards DW

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough loss boys. See you at Staples. Quick was a monster.

I think today was Quick's day. Nothing you can do. 52 shots 51 saves.

These ^

Good game boys, the Sharks were really good.....Quick was much better. See you for game 6. Scary thought is, the Sharks played amazing and lost this game.....Kings won't play this shitty two games in a row.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to mention, our PP, esp at home, is absolutely atrocious...

Terribad PP combined with 2 softies arent going to win you 2 many games, if they scored on the PP we probably arent talking about this lol

They have to close this out in 6, if they go to 7 i dont like the sharks chances.

Thornton needs to play angry he plays much better that way

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, tough loss. Sharks outplayed the Kings by a mile, but didn't get the win. Gotta give full credit to Quick. The kid played out of his mind and deserved the win. Sharks now have to go play a game 6 on the road. If they don't win there, it will be another 7 game first round where even if they win the series.....

I really hope Heatley and Wallin have sore vagina's for next game. God those two are fucking worthless.

4 games in a row now Wallin has directly led to a goal against. Even Huskins isn't that fucking bad.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It's stunning how completely worthless Heatley has been, i mean he isnt even getting shots off or generating offense, a guy with his shot and talent and he isnt even a threat other then to his own team

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terribad PP combined with 2 softies arent going to win you 2 many games, if they scored on the PP we probably arent talking about this lol

They have to close this out in 6, if they go to 7 i dont like the sharks chances.

Thornton needs to play angry he plays much better that way

I thought Thornton started the game out pretty good, and his defensive coverage and causing steals was a sight for very sore eyes. However, I can only imagine how disheartening it is for a team to go out there and make a statement when your netminder forgot what time the game actually started.

On top of that you have blueliners such as Wallin who is absolutely useless out there, and forwards such as Heater is much the same. Seto, for all it's worth, has one OT goal to his credit, but for somebody drafted in his slot, I would expect much more.

It's ironic in that inside the Sharks dressing room there's a banner that states, " to whom much was given, of him much will be required". Apparently some of these guys are oblivious to what that's all about.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Thornton started the game out pretty good, and his defensive coverage and causing steals was a sight for very sore eyes. However, I can only imagine how disheartening it is for a team to go out there and make a statement when your netminder forgot what time the game actually started.

On top of that you have blueliners such as Wallin who is absolutely useless out there, and forwards such as Heater is much the same. Seto, for all it's worth, has one OT goal to his credit, but for somebody drafted in his slot, I would expect much more.

It's ironic in that inside the Sharks dressing room there's a banner that states, " to whom much was given, of him much will be required". Apparently some of these guys are oblivious to what that's all about.

I dont think it was that disheartening honestly ,they never stopped skating hard. They didnt fall back into a shell or start to play tentatively. I think they understood the situation and Niemi has bailed them out over the season as well.

I think the team is behind Niemi more so then they ever were behind Nabby. Just chalk it up to what it was a bad game by Niemi.

I think seto was playing well he was causing all kinds of problems with his drives to the net using his speed getting shots off and working hard on loose pucks. He didnt get rewarded with a goal but he will if he keeps it up.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah im not saying Thornton played bad, he did have a good game, he however as he showed last game play even better. He seemed so much more motivated in the last game and was skating hard and actually fast, and just bowling over guys to get to pucks fighting through checks with the puck and was just a beast.

That was missing tonight, id like to see that on monday and this series is over

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it was that disheartening honestly ,they never stopped skating hard. They didnt fall back into a shell or start to play tentatively. I think they understood the situation and Niemi has bailed them out over the season as well.

I think the team is behind Niemi more so then they ever were behind Nabby. Just chalk it up to what it was a bad game by Niemi.

I think seto was playing well he was causing all kinds of problems with his drives to the net using his speed getting shots off and working hard on loose pucks. He didnt get rewarded with a goal but he will if he keeps it up.

I'm probably having tunnel vision right now because of the lack of offense, but he (Seto) has skated hard and played the body well on several Kings in this series. Seto displayed tremendous defense on that backcheck in the 3rd. He has the talent and is one of the fastest skaters on this team, but the lack of production is just killing it right now. However, I've watched playoff hockey for years so I should know that this comes with the territory.

As for Nemo, I don't know man. He certainly doesn't make me anymore confident as a fan watching him give up goals like this. You can make the case that outside of games 1 and 4, he has tanked it. I know he's won a cup already, but to say that he's going to have to play one of the games of his life on Monday is not an understatement because we need to get this thing finished Monday nite.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm probably having tunnel vision right now because of the lack of offense, but he (Seto) has skated hard and played the body well on several Kings in this series. Seto displayed tremendous defense on that backcheck in the 3rd. He has the talent and is one of the fastest skaters on this team, but the lack of production is just killing it right now. However, I've watched playoff hockey for years so I should know that this comes with the territory.

As for Nemo, I don't know man. He certainly doesn't make me anymore confident as a fan watching him give up goals like this. You can make the case that outside of games 1 and 4, he has tanked it. I know he's won a cup already, but to say that he's going to have to play one of the games of his life on Monday is not an understatement because we need to get this thing finished Monday nite.

Seto's development is mirroring Marleaus game an awful lot in the sense that when he plays the body early on the first shift he is going to be good all game. It also mirrors Marleau in that he doesnt have any holes in his game anymore he has a complete game now and wont hurt you when he is on the ice.

He doesnt have to have the game of his life, he just needs to make the saves he supposed to make unlike tonight. Would it hurt if he's lights out of course not and i wouldnt complain lol.

But just a simple game and make the basic stops, maybe even make 2 in a row lol Goaltending has alot to do with getting into a groove and feeling the puck. Quick got that with all the outside shots he faced early, it allowed him to get into the game. First shot Nemo sees is a double redirect, thats tough to shake off sometimes, because as a goalie personally the first shot face you almost feel like its automatic, so when it gets by you especially after he made that pass, its a double whammy.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seto's development is mirroring Marleaus game an awful lot in the sense that when he plays the body early on the first shift he is going to be good all game. It also mirrors Marleau in that he doesnt have any holes in his game anymore he has a complete game now and wont hurt you when he is on the ice.

He doesnt have to have the game of his life, he just needs to make the saves he supposed to make unlike tonight. Would it hurt if he's lights out of course not and i wouldnt complain lol.

But just a simple game and make the basic stops, maybe even make 2 in a row lol Goaltending has alot to do with getting into a groove and feeling the puck. Quick got that with all the outside shots he faced early, it allowed him to get into the game. First shot Nemo sees is a double redirect, thats tough to shake off sometimes, because as a goalie personally the first shot face you almost feel like its automatic, so when it gets by you especially after he made that pass, its a double whammy.

Thanks for the info, esp. from a personal perspective on the netminding aspect. Here, I'll put it this way, Nemo just needs to be effective enough for us to make out of this series, and then save his best for the more important games.

I won't be around for most of Monday d/t my schedule, so here's to Seto and co. (and perhaps Heater but that's asking for too much) to get this done.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the info, esp. from a personal perspective on the netminding aspect. Here, I'll put it this way, Nemo just needs to be effective enough for us to make out of this series, and then save his best for the more important games.

I won't be around for most of Monday d/t my schedule, so here's to Seto and co. (and perhaps Heater but that's asking for too much) to get this done.

No problem, i mean honestly if any one has pressure on him its Quick he absloutley can not afford to have an off game or period. This series reminds me alot of the Sharks/Av's series from a while back.

Sharks were kind of the up and coming team and the Av's were the established team and the higher seed. Sharks put up a fight but got closed out in 6 in colorado.