• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 4) Sharks at Kings - 7:30PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rockon: Yeah Baby, Sat night and this series is OVER!!!!!!!

:wave: Ba Bye LA :yield:

this is for the LA Coach's post game comments about the Sharks :der:

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep, while on the otherhand Wallin with whoever he's with is not such a great combo.

P.S., anyone watching the post game comments by Terry Murray? Some of his stuff is pretty decent while some of his other remarks sounds a little a bit off, i.e. justifying not taking Quick out of this game.

He thought Heatley deserved a major penalty and a game misconduct, thats extreme.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you want Hawks or Wings?

It doesnt matter. The Hawks will burn themselves out if they come back and Win that series.

Howard is still having nightmares from last years series "IE Couture's Game #3 goal", so either way the Sharks have the edge on both.

Agree or disagree, but thats how I feel.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Terry, you had six chances on the PP tonite shut your mouth

Hehe, yup. He also said the game was lost on the 4-4 when Nichol took on Doughty. Gee whiz, where's A. Martinez in this conversation? He pulled a Dan Boyle from last season/Vlasic from tonight.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, while on the otherhand Wallin with whoever he's with is not such a great combo.

P.S., anyone watching the post game comments by Terry Murray? Some of his stuff is pretty decent while some of his other remarks sounds a little a bit off, i.e. justifying not taking Quick out of this game.

He called Heatler's trip at the end 'gutless'. It wasn't that bad, it was just stupid. I think he's just trying to rile something up.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called Heatler's trip at the end 'gutless'. It wasn't that bad, it was just stupid. I think he's just trying to rile something up.

Well, Heatler (nice spelling there dude.. LOL!) *is* an idiot with his inopportune penalty-taking skills, but yeah...

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done with some work tonight while watching the game.

I thought this was a pretty solid game by the Sharks. With that small exception in the 2nd they did the basic fundamental hockey things necessary to win and the results were in.

Wellwood is a fucking stud, period. Dwill shat the bed on the Wallin mess (and good god does he ever suck.. its like watching a bus of children fly off a cliff in slow motion...) but he did really well picking this kid up. White had a pretty good game too, a couple of missteps but I feel comfortable with him out there.

Plain and simple, they got it done. They were in LA's kitchen from the previous game and tonight they rattled the pots and pans. Kings, to their credit, battled back - Smyth always impresses, but its not enough. I thought BJoe had a pretty good game too - good hustle, finished his checks and got a nice, nice goal.

On another note - what the hell happened to VAN? Its like someone flipped the wrong switch and started the CHI scoring machine by accident and Luongo was flat out of wheaties... wow. I hope it goes to 7 games... wear them both out!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Heatler (nice spelling there dude.. LOL!) *is* an idiot with his inopportune penalty-taking skills, but yeah...

Woah I didn't mean that. it was a half and half of Heatley and Heater. lol, tsk tsk

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe this is the first time in sharks playoff history where their big money players are coming through in a critical time in a game and series

did you watch Sharks Detroit last year?

The big names were easily the best Sharks in the Chicago series , but since they got swept I know nobody will give them any credit there.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings announcers Bob Miller and Jim Fox were complimenting Wallin a lot at the end of the game, saying he is constantly in the right place and makes the necessarily play. Sure he makes some real bonehead plays (as a result of his advanced age, I would imagine), but when you don't see him for a period of time he is usually doing what you want.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The big names were easily the best Sharks in the Chicago series , but since they got swept I know nobody will give them any credit there.

That game wasnt nearly as critical as this one, the sharks had the wings beat regardless that series. The sharks couldnt afford to give the kings anymore life and Thornton finally came through by scoring the game winning goal and essentially the dagger through the heart of the kings in that game last night.

The chicago series, the only top player that showed up was marleau as usual when it comes to playoff time

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much, much better performance all around last night. Best game I've seen from Thornton in a while. It seems he may have gotten talked to about all those cute passes he attempted and botched in game 3. I don't remember seeing one last night. Can't really complain about anyone other than Wallin. I wanted to reach through the TV and donkey punch his dumb ass for that "pass". He managed to allow the Kings back in the game all by himself. Special talent there.

Is it just me or is Doughty a massive whiner? Seems like he spends every moment from whistle to face off bitching and crying at the refs. Working at the refs is all well and good but there's a fine line between savvy and crybaby. Being renamed to Drew Poughty seems appropriate.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game wasnt nearly as critical as this one, the sharks had the wings beat regardless that series. The sharks couldnt afford to give the kings anymore life and Thornton finally came through by scoring the game winning goal and essentially the dagger through the heart of the kings in that game last night.

The chicago series, the only top player that showed up was marleau as usual when it comes to playoff time

I wasn't talking about one specific game, I was talking about the whole series. Sure it was a 4-1 series, but all 4 Sharks wins were very close and if one 1-goal win turned into a 1-goal loss then it would have been 3-2 Sharks going to Detroit for Game 6. I also feel like the Sharks top players have been the top players many other times in the playoffs, but whatever.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much, much better performance all around last night. Best game I've seen from Thornton in a while. It seems he may have gotten talked to about all those cute passes he attempted and botched in game 3. I don't remember seeing one last night. Can't really complain about anyone other than Wallin. I wanted to reach through the TV and donkey punch his dumb ass for that "pass". He managed to allow the Kings back in the game all by himself. Special talent there.

Is it just me or is Doughty a massive whiner? Seems like he spends every moment from whistle to face off bitching and crying at the refs. Working at the refs is all well and good but there's a fine line between savvy and crybaby. Being renamed to Drew Poughty seems appropriate.

I like that. Yeah he doesn't even have a letter on his sweater and he is very chirpy to the refs. Kind of odd that Nichol was able to get under his skin, but that's why you gotta love Nichol.

Thornton was a beneficiary of a line change. He came off the bench and no one on the Kings picked him up. Easy skate to the front and Wellwood fed him nicely. Up till this game, I thought Patty and Seto's games were being hurt by playing with Thornton. If Joe can just simplify his game and use his strength and size to do basic things such as winning and controlling pucks, but minus the urge to complete fancy passes, we'll see Marleau and Seto get more chances on net.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings announcers Bob Miller and Jim Fox were complimenting Wallin a lot at the end of the game, saying he is constantly in the right place and makes the necessarily play. Sure he makes some real bonehead plays (as a result of his advanced age, I would imagine), but when you don't see him for a period of time he is usually doing what you want.

Did they specify for which team he did this for?

nhuk nhuk

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The sharks big guys are not playing too well at all this series! 4 games and the big 4 (if you include boyle) has just 3 goals total. That's less than a goal per game from thornton, marleau, and heatley, and not a single one of them is even point per game.

Pavs alone has as many goals as those 4 combined and clowe has even one more. Right now, Clowe, Couture, and Pavelski (and largely white) are carrying the sharks. The #4,5,6 forwards (combined salary of under 9M) have combined for 9 goals and 15 points in the 4 games and if you add in the #2 dman, then it's 20 points in that span.

Compare that to forwards #1,2,3 (combined salary of 21+ M) who have a total of 3 goals and 8 pts. The top dogs may be drawing the top D pairings, but if it werent for the stellar play of the 2nd line (clowe and couture specifically and to a lesser extent pavs and his line) the sharks could well by down 3-1 right now.

For the sharks to go anywhere against REAL competition (let's face it, the kings were nothin much before Kopitar went out, but without him they shouldnt be having a prayer), the 'big 3' is gunna need to be much much better.

p.s.: patty was definitely the only effective player in the chicago series. He is gunna need to go off like that again...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The sharks big guys are not playing too well at all this series! 4 games and the big 4 (if you include boyle) has just 3 goals total. That's less than a goal per game from thornton, marleau, and heatley, and not a single one of them is even point per game.

Pavs alone has as many goals as those 4 combined and clowe has even one more. Right now, Clowe, Couture, and Pavelski (and largely white) are carrying the sharks. The #4,5,6 forwards (combined salary of under 9M) have combined for 9 goals and 15 points in the 4 games and if you add in the #2 dman, then it's 20 points in that span.

Compare that to forwards #1,2,3 (combined salary of 21+ M) who have a total of 3 goals and 8 pts. The top dogs may be drawing the top D pairings, but if it werent for the stellar play of the 2nd line (clowe and couture specifically and to a lesser extent pavs and his line) the sharks could well by down 3-1 right now.

For the sharks to go anywhere against REAL competition (let's face it, the kings were nothin much before Kopitar went out, but without him they shouldnt be having a prayer), the 'big 3' is gunna need to be much much better.

p.s.: patty was definitely the only effective player in the chicago series. He is gunna need to go off like that again...

There is a lot more to being the best player than scoring. Sans period one of game 3 Thornton has been arguably the teams best player. While Marleau, Pavelski, and Heatler (<---That's perfect SJVP) have put up some points there overall play has been very dissapointing. Marleau isn't using his speed like he should and he's been very poor along the boards and in races for the puck. Pavelski's play from center ice back to his own zone has been an absolute catastraphuck while Heatler is proving to be the useless pile of monkey turd he is in all areas of game.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this series is a perfect example of the Sharks depth... the top line has not been that dominant, but if you total the top 3 lines, the Sharks have gotten a ton of production.

I was responding to Browers comment that the top players have not been the top players anytime in the past in the playoffs... when I think there are many instances where they have. Still, there is absolutely no question that the Sharks strength is their depth... there is not a big difference between lines 1 and 3... the Kings announcers were saying last night that the Sharks top 9 forwards were as scary as any team in the league. Detroit and Vancouver may have something to say about that, but Id take the Sharks top 9 any day of the week.

And I agree that Doughty (Poughty lol) is a whiner. I watch a fair number of Kings games and he has some issues controlling his temperament. He is a heck of a player, but can be taken off his game pretty easily.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is a lot more to being the best player than scoring. Sans period one of game 3 Thornton has been arguably the teams best player. While Marleau, Pavelski, and Heatler (<---That's perfect SJVP) have put up some points there overall play has been very dissapointing. Marleau isn't using his speed like he should and he's been very poor along the boards and in races for the puck. Pavelski's play from center ice back to his own zone has been an absolute catastraphuck while Heatler is proving to be the useless pile of monkey turd he is in all areas of game.

I would obviously agree that scoring isnt everything, but when you are jumbo, heater, or marleau, scoring absolutely must be part of your game. If they go scoreless, I dont care how well they work or play along the boards, the sharks will lose. I can hardly credit them with much as they have exactly 0 PP points. On the PP, scoring is all there is to it, and they have produced zilcho. If they score 2 and give up 3, it's bad, but scoring less than a goal per game combined for those three doesnt cut it, no matter how you look at it.