• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: WCQF Game 4 - Canucks at Sharks - 7:00PM

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with RALPHIE again! :suds:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sticking with Couture. Give Bieksa a big FU.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gutless is my pick

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a really terrible call

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's a gift, although I have seen 3 or 4 blatant penalties committed by Vancouver not called during this OT period. I am fully aware it's OT playoff hockey.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome!
Guess the Hawks are next.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: MARLEAU!!!!!!! :canada:

:tb:......SWEEP!!!

sexy SEXY!!!!!! :thumb:

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Bieksa and the Sedin girls will have all summer to complain about the embellishing.
Too bad for them there's no award for whining.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty way to end it on a bad call but just as shitty as the stanchion bullshit.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good confidence series for the Sharks, and a great way to get deep into the playoffs by sweeping and keeping the bodies fresh. Sharks need to learn to put teams away and not go into their patented prevent D any more. We can watch the Warriors go thru that but not here - this team is too talented to lay back.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marleau put on an absolute defensive clinic this game.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Marleau put on an absolute defensive clinic this game.

Hes been massive this whole series! T.J is really stepping up,he has really turned it up in the last few weeks. Hopefully this win will give enough time for Havlet to heal up.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
got back just now... I am exhausted, possibly next to the cgy game 7 clincher (ironically the Roenick super performance) this was the greatest game I have ever seen. Up-down-up-down rediculousness...

Here are the thoughts since I missed the convo you guys were having...

1. Best PO series patty has had since maybe the nashville series like a decade ago. Scored in 4 straight game but made solid plays, WORKED hard, was a little physical and used his speed. Also strong along the boards in the D zone as he beat the vancouver D time and again. Awesome game and series for him. You all know he's not my fave, but gotta tip your hat when it's due.

2. THE BIG PAVELSKI. I dunno what it is about late game crazy heroics, but this guy is just one of those guys. Tied for the team lead (hell the NHL lead) in PO scoring, and was Mr. clutch yet again. The key is can he maintain it when the opponents gets tougher.

3. Nemo is pretty solid again and more so, was great all series or even all year. gotta love him (of course it helps to get 3+ goals every game, just ask poor nabby)

4. Sharks D as a group. I am wowed. just floored how good they are given the names. Hannan? he had one foot in hockey grave and he played a whale of a series. Stuart? how is that guy. Battling and just great. Irwin? is he a rook? great poise and just amazing given his lack of experience and lack of touting. Even braun is emerging as a great defensive dman. The sharks D corps, on paper, has gotta be one of the weakest in the postseason, maybe in the NHL since outside of boyle, there's not much there. BUT, they battle. They just battle and since murray left, they are much more mobile and it's making a hug difference. This is a clear, direct testament to the brilliance of Larry Robinson, who I credit as maybe the MVP of the sharks given the revolution of the Pk and the D.

5. Killer instinct. The sharks still lack it. Hate to say anything negative at this point, but that 3rd period was awful, and they stopped skating just dumped pucks out, stopped passing. It was awful, and I hate when they do that. If it werent for two unbelievably dumb penalties, the sharks would likely have lost this one. That said, the OT, even before the penalty, was spectacular so the killer instinct came out clearly there. Still Id like to see better 3rds and staying aggressive even with the lead.

Overall, hell of a game. Hell of a series. Lots of stars, few goats, and lots of fun... Cant wait for rd two. Personally I would love to match up with LA. BRING IT!

Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love comeback wins. So fitting that Bieksa was in the box when Pavs scored the tying goal. In for a undisciplined cross check. Sharks PP was huge this series. Pavs and Couture stepping it up with major production. So many players look good when you sweep a team. Glad they showed no quit and ended it tonight. Rest and watch the West beat each other up.

Sharks Win!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
other key is depth. sharks got goals from 7 different players in the series. If havlat had played, maybe it would be 8. Thats a lot more depth than they have had. Also 13 guys had at least one point. Bascially every top 6 forward scored at least once and every dman had least one point. They will need that kind of depth going forward and even get more from the 4th line.

Love that it's not all marleau-thornton.

p.s.: Torres was a beat again. I can tell the nucks are scared of him... hopefulyl he'll continue to be a force without taking a penalty. Recognize, torres took ZERO penalties in the series despite playing so physical. That's perfection.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got back just now... I am exhausted, possibly next to the cgy game 7 clincher (ironically the Roenick super performance) this was the greatest game I have ever seen. Up-down-up-down rediculousness...

Here are the thoughts since I missed the convo you guys were having...

1. Best PO series patty has had since maybe the nashville series like a decade ago. Scored in 4 straight game but made solid plays, WORKED hard, was a little physical and used his speed. Also strong along the boards in the D zone as he beat the vancouver D time and again. Awesome game and series for him. You all know he's not my fave, but gotta tip your hat when it's due.

2. THE BIG PAVELSKI. I dunno what it is about late game crazy heroics, but this guy is just one of those guys. Tied for the team lead (hell the NHL lead) in PO scoring, and was Mr. clutch yet again. The key is can he maintain it when the opponents gets tougher.

3. Nemo is pretty solid again and more so, was great all series or even all year. gotta love him (of course it helps to get 3+ goals every game, just ask poor nabby)

4. Sharks D as a group. I am wowed. just floored how good they are given the names. Hannan? he had one foot in hockey grave and he played a whale of a series. Stuart? how is that guy. Battling and just great. Irwin? is he a rook? great poise and just amazing given his lack of experience and lack of touting. Even braun is emerging as a great defensive dman. The sharks D corps, on paper, has gotta be one of the weakest in the postseason, maybe in the NHL since outside of boyle, there's not much there. BUT, they battle. They just battle and since murray left, they are much more mobile and it's making a hug difference. This is a clear, direct testament to the brilliance of Larry Robinson, who I credit as maybe the MVP of the sharks given the revolution of the Pk and the D.

5. Killer instinct. The sharks still lack it. Hate to say anything negative at this point, but that 3rd period was awful, and they stopped skating just dumped pucks out, stopped passing. It was awful, and I hate when they do that. If it werent for two unbelievably dumb penalties, the sharks would likely have lost this one. That said, the OT, even before the penalty, was spectacular so the killer instinct came out clearly there. Still Id like to see better 3rds and staying aggressive even with the lead.

Overall, hell of a game. Hell of a series. Lots of stars, few goats, and lots of fun... Cant wait for rd two. Personally I would love to match up with LA. BRING IT!

Pavs has always been up and down from round to round, but hopefully now that he is on the 3rd line, he can get some good 5 on 5 match ups.

Braun, totally agree. Very pleased by his play as he was given the task of handling the Sedins. Vlasic can make a partner look good though, but credit Braun for a very good defensive stick. Love the way this guy is progressing.

Going to need Havlat back. It will make everything fall in line. Especially that 2nd PP unit. Also, Torres back with Pavs on the 3rd line.

I gotta give props to Jumbo this series. Who is this guy looking to shoot the puck? He can't get lift on his shot but it's hard enough to produce rebounds and the series winning goal was evidence of that.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I the only one who thought Niemi was pretty shaky tonight? Made me a little nervous quite a few times...

Regardless, he's now 10-2 in playoff OT (7-1 with SJ... whoa!!), which is pretty amazing.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cm5DNmV.png