• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 1) Sharks at Canucks - 5:00PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of the 5 to 1 PP chances? It looks bad, but I didn't see many missed calls on VAN. I'm not sure the Sharks deserved any additional PP chances which sucks cause they were 1 for 1. Maybe I missed a few things?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you guys think of the 5 to 1 PP chances? It looks bad, but I didn't see many missed calls on VAN. I'm not sure the Sharks deserved any additional PP chances which sucks cause they were 1 for 1. Maybe I missed a few things?

there were a couple missed calls (vlasic was held onc,e and jumbo got his stick slashed out of his hands) but other than that, not too much.

that said, the eager interference and heatley elbow were horrific calls.

The problem is that the refs never just call the dive. its not a real penalty if they call the dive in combo with a hold, hook, or whatever. Then it's just 4 on 4 and the diver really isnt penalized. Not until diving is called regularly by itself will it finally stop.

Simply put though, the sharks deserved to lose. They need to give far better complete efforts if they want to win. Tmac admitted they were lucky to still be playing, and ever since going up 3-0 on detroit, the sharks havent been good. In fact, one could argue they really havent been good this entire PO's. They survived against a much weaker LA team without their heart and soul player. They nearly lost to detroit without one of their top 3 forwards and even without 3 of their top 6 forwards in game 7. The sharks have been pretty lucky to be where they are right now, but unless they actually start turning in far better efforts, take far fewer stupid and unneeded penalties, and have more complete games where they dont stop playing once they get lead, then it will be a very very short series. Right now, the sharks have the same habits they had in january and they have run out of time to fix them.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really remember but I think it was during the 2nd period Murray got hit along the boards and it seemed like the cunuck player came across the ice to hit him at full speed. Not sure but I thought that could have been called charging.

But Eager and Heatley were bull shits calls.

Ohwell, move onto game #2

Kick & Hand Vancouver their ASS on Wed.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phantom elbow and high sticking calls, the no call on a blatant trip committed by Van among others, um yeah, I feel the 5 to 1 was fucked. I despise fucking divers almost as much as visor wearing shitstarting turtles. (Perry, Phaneuf, Cooke)

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another board and thought I share.

divers.gif

yes! +rep for you!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really remember but I think it was during the 2nd period Murray got hit along the boards and it seemed like the cunuck player came across the ice to hit him at full speed. Not sure but I thought that could have been called charging.

But Eager and Heatley were bull shits calls.

Ohwell, move onto game #2

Kick & Hand Vancouver their ASS on Wed.

Didn't Couture get punched?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Demers has to be injured. There's no way he's healthy scratched in place of a crappy Huskins who hasn't played any hockey since, what, January? Demers did miss a few shifts in the DET game 7, but came back. It was never elaborated on what caused him to miss those shifts. Sharks missed their Dman with the second best breakout ability. (I'd place Demers over White.)

Todd mentioned that the Sharks looked mentally fatigued in the 3rd and that the hangover from DET may have been lurking. That's a shame. At least this won't be an issue for game 2.

Jason Demers - San Jose Sharks - News - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

Here's the report from Yahoo Sports:

Recommendation: There were conflicting reports saying Demers was a healthy scratch from Game 1 on Sunday, but the Sharks organization claims Demers is indeed injured. “[Demers was] bumped and bruised, just like everyone else," coach Todd McLellan said. Demers was replaced by veteran defenseman Kent Huskins, who made his playoff debut Sunday. McLellan has not made a decision on who will start Game 2. "(Huskins) went in and I thought played a pretty honest game, and we'll see what we do for Game 2," McLellan said.

Huskins played a pretty honest game, as in honestly bad. WTF Todd? I know this is playoff time and you're trying to be as professional as possible, but c'mon man --->
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NwW3GCn7k
:frusty:

Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Demers - San Jose Sharks - News - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

Here's the report from Yahoo Sports:

Recommendation: There were conflicting reports saying Demers was a healthy scratch from Game 1 on Sunday, but the Sharks organization claims Demers is indeed injured. “[Demers was] bumped and bruised, just like everyone else," coach Todd McLellan said. Demers was replaced by veteran defenseman Kent Huskins, who made his playoff debut Sunday. McLellan has not made a decision on who will start Game 2. "(Huskins) went in and I thought played a pretty honest game, and we'll see what we do for Game 2," McLellan said.

Huskins played a pretty honest game, as in honestly bad. WTF Todd? I know this is playoff time and you're trying to be as professional as possible, but c'mon man ---> [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NwW3GCn7k[/YOUTUBE]
:frusty:

Hey Yoshi, just paste the numbers and letters seen after the = sign of the youtube link. It's about a 9 to 10 character string of numbers and letters.

common mang!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Yoshi, just paste the numbers and letters seen after the = sign of the youtube link. It's about a 9 to 10 character string of numbers and letters.

common mang!

Oh snap, thanks VP, you're a lifesaver. My ass was literally getting hammered on getting this video work. Good grief! I've made webpages before (i.e. on Angelfire for holiday parties and the such) but I was being stumped til now. Thanks mang!