• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: TORONTO!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair , not many teams can lose their 2 best players (2 future HOFers) for long amounts of time , in a shortened season , and expect things to just go perfect.

I expected us to stay in the hunt because I thought guys would show up after the loss of Kovy but it just goes to show you how important a guy like that is to free up room for other players. Its horrible to see how flawed guys like Zajac , Henrique , Clarkson etc are w/o a big time scorer around them.

Imagine if he stayed in Russia this season and what were playing with now was our lineup from day 1? We would probably have 10 less points then the Panthers right now.

but thats whats wrong with this team and to some extent the fan base. a guy like salvador had no business being captain. just like langs. it should've went right onto parise and then to kovy. the faces of the team the leaders of the team. but no lou has everyone mind fucked into thinking its his way or the highway. sure there has been success and sure its been more then others but there really isnt a need to have off years. shit if lou checked his ego at the door this team would've easily been a dynasty

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fuck i mean how can you be the greatest gm of all time and yet in your time here let leave

a hall of fame #1 d man neids
your top line #1 center in gomez
your #3 d man and #1 o d man in rafalski
your #1 player fan favorite heart and soul of the franchise in parise

all left! and for nothing! your telling me you couldnt fucking open up contract talks mid season? your the "best gm ever" and yet you couldnt fucking ink these guys to LONG TERM CONTRACTS?

now get ready for the loyalty lou guys to get paid again. clarkson/elias/zubrus baby!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest GM of all time... it was priceless that he couldnt even watch the final minute and walked away... it speaks VOLUMES Lou... you know what you put out there....

I love the last 45 seconds... 6 on 4.... PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS SHOT, PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS you lose....

All I have to say is WHAT THE FUCK DEVILS.... GROW SO BALLS AND REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY....

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH... and a special FUCK YOU Elias.... you going back to your crappy Finese play has doomed this team once again.... STOP FUCKING dumping the puck behind the net with no one there just to give it to the other team.....

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Guess I won't be making anymore GDTs. I didnt see the game but this thread isn't very positive.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because at this point a loss is a loss. I don't care how well they claim to have played, losing at this stage of the season simply means the team isn't good enough. No bad bounces or any of that, no excuses.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Kovy being gone magnifies the amount of scrubs on this team. Him and Parise last year elevated the team to get to where they were. Now it shows how bad they are without both of them, let alone neither of them at the moment.

I'm sorry I'm just getting angry with Lou and this whole we have to have players who are the prototypical Devil. We need players who fit into our "system". We have to keep bringing back former Devils every freakin' year. Guess what? Aside from Last year it has not worked well. So why does he keep doing it? The only reason this team stays relevant is because of Marty. When he retires, Lou better realize that we need to put a better team on the ice than we have, or we'll be the new Islanders of the area.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Pittsburgh, look at what they did this year. 4 trades all in an effort to win the cup. Now I know they are always going to be really good as long as Crosby and Malkin are around. They are lucky. But still, even with two of the best players in the world, they add Iginla, who in his own right is a pretty legendary guy.

Translation: Dump the baggage and start over. Want to wait till Marty retires, fine. Whatever. We won't be winning any cups with these guys regardless.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well well. I see the same people who labeled me a "quitter" and a "whiner" are saying some of the same things i did that were being construed as "whining". Could it be that you all are finally seeing what I saw a week ago? If so, either I'm going to get some apologies and forgivenes or every one of you are the biggest bunch of hypocritical sports fans I have ever seen. I would rather not believe the latter so I say we stop beating ourselves up over this debacle of a team and focus on the future, as bleak as it may be.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guess I won't be making anymore GDTs. I didnt see the game but this thread isn't very positive.[/QUOTELol

lol yeah this is a serious negative thread. Just think this was the game thay broke the camels back.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dfan yeah its over. I will hope we make it but i don't think we will. I'm fine just tanking it and getting a really good pick.

This club is straight up ahl talent. You need to legit stars on a team. Not nhl castoffs and over 35 year olds.

I know elias has major credit but he isn't a legit nhl superstar imo. One of the reasons he failed as captain. He is a great supporting actor imo just not one that likes the spotlight.

I'm sick of clarkson falling every shift and looking at the ref for a call.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its unbelievable....

when did our team became a bunch of softies or panzies... freaking have some pride men!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only former Devils player to return and really help was Claude Lemieux. However, he should have never been dealt the first time or allowed to leave the second time.

Devsfan4: Watch the "you all" stuff. Some of us never got involved in that. I mean, if you're a fan of the NJ Devils, you're cool with me. I'm not here to tell anyone how to be a fan. Just do my own thing and hope my team does well. Not trying to argue with other fans of my favorite team. That's why I left ESPN. Trolls were also a major annoyance on those boards.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game. I'm guessing we controlled play but couldn't score, took some untimely penalties? Did Steve Sullivan look like he belonged?