• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Sharks @ Red Wings - Feb 22, 4:30 PST

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying. I remember Wilson stating that teams aren't winning with the big money goaltenders and that was the main reason he didn't resign Nabby. Then he goes and spends over 4 million on goaltending lol with that said I was excited when the Sharks signed Niemi because I had zero confidence in Nittymaki. It's not like I thought the world of Niemi in the first place, it's just that I couldn't see Nittymaki taking us anywhere we haven't been before. Hopefully in the off-season, Niemi can be resigned and Nittymaki can be sent packing, I was never fond of the guy.

Best NHL game I have watched this year. That 3rd period was insane. Ian White is a nice pickup. I love how he works the open space to get his shot through. So many guys played really well tonite. This team when they want is really damn good. Ok positives aside, Dany Heatley is an absolute bum. He is flat out the worst defensive hockey player I have ever seen. I am not overexaggerating that. Also, how many fucking times is he going to fan on a one timer or wrister this year. I have a real problem with this guy and would love to get rid of him if there was any way possible. I really wish we didnt make that trade, he is not the player I thought. There is a lot of good things going on with this team, but he is just awful.

Agreed.

Stars of the game in my opinion were:
1) Datsyuk - all over the ice all game. Was a threat every time he stepped on the ice.
2) Jumbo - nice standout game for the big guy. He'd been dormant for so long I was getting worried, lol.
3/4) Seto/Cleary - great games around the net all night.
5) Niemi - a couple of huge saves early and late. He doesn't always look pretty, but he's tremendously effective.

Goat horns: Heatley.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holy shit, did you guys see the eric staal hit on his brother? Damn, he flat out laid him out and knocked him out the game. I mean, once you're in the game, all bets are off, but wow! Mrs. Staal needs to ground eric for a week and send him to his room without dessert. Not nice to your younger bro :-)

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holy shit, did you guys see the eric staal hit on his brother? Damn, he flat out laid him out and knocked him out the game. I mean, once you're in the game, all bets are off, but wow! Mrs. Staal needs to ground eric for a week and send him to his room without dessert. Not nice to your younger bro :-)

I just saw that hit, wow. There must be some family shit we dont know about lol

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw spots of the game but it was ridiculous. Awesome game and effort by MOST of the team.

Niemi hung in there, but mad props to Seto. He took a lot of heat from a few of you guys (although it was deserved). But damn, 5 goals in 2 games - he's skating well, checking well, moving well, and finding the back of the net once again. He also possesses something that only a few players on the team have, and that's speed.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Huge W indeed. Beating the wings at the Joe in a game like that was incredible. The wings did not make it easy. They did not take the night off and gift one to SJ. Both teams had very crisp passing, and good positional play and transitions, and the sharkies earned every inch of that win.

If seto returns to 1st half 2008-9 form, when he was on an unstoppable line with patty and jumbo, then that would be incredible. Seto simply needs to show some semblance of consistency. When he explodes, he realllllly explodes, but when his confidence is off, he is horrific.

If he does find his stride though, judging off the last few weeks and last night's game, the sharks seem PO ready. Jumbo really had a whale of a game putting the puck on net and buzzing around the net, rather than just the half boards all game.

I can tell you, noone in the western conference wants to play SJ in the PO's. The Sharks are hitting their stride, though they need to keep it up. In the west, if you take 2 or 3 games off, boom, you're a #9 seed looking in.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing with seto is he's been healthy, and he's being rewarded for the news element he's added to his game. That is driving the net, that first goal he scored was amazing, and cheech esque, those types of goals are what wins games in the play offs

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the game on DVR late last night and I share everyone's sentiments that it was a very well played game by both teams. White showed he can make good passes under pressure and that's exactly what the Sharks need. A way to get out of the D zone with smart passing. He's going to be a big asset to this team.

As much as we hate on Heater, the Sharks need to get him going somehow. I don't know how, just know that he needs to contribute goals and scoring chances if this team is to make it far.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Heatley going to another team!

Trade the loser... he's not worth 1/4 his salary.

Unfortunately, the rest of the league knows this so there won't be any takers.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ugh, is it really true we have the worst defensive forward ever, Heatley, for three more years? I thought it was one more year after this. There are so many good things about this team right now, especially the new acquisitions. Eager is tough and bring some needed grit to this team. White is very good at moving the puck out of his own zone and finding the time and space to get the puck through in the other teams zone. The acquisition that I have been most pleased with is Wellwood. He seems to always be around the puck and makes smart decisions. I know he doesnt put up big numbers, but I just really like his game. I really like what I see from a lot of different guys. Wallin is a below average defenseman, but that guy works his tail off and has been better. You cant fault a guy for just not being very good. Ok, let me get off the good and get to the one downer of this team, HEATER. Nite in and nite out he is visibly atrocious in his own zone. Honestly guys, I dont think hes trying. You cannot try and be that bad defensively. I really do not like this guy and if the Sharks can make any deal next year, Ill take a bag of shit over him. You cannot win with guys like Heatley, best move Ottawa has made in a while. If we didnt have Heatleys contract I could see special things in the next couple years. As long as he is playing first line minutes I dont see us going anywhere.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys really think Eaves is a dirty player?

First time I've heard anybody say anything negative about him since he has been on the Wings. Nothing even remotely close...:confused:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

First time I've heard anybody say anything negative about him since he has been on the Wings. Nothing even remotely close...:confused:

He's not dirty on a Matt Cooke or Jarko Ruttu level, but he still takes cheap shots, he left his feet when he went after Mitchell and landed an elbow to his head.

Luckily Mitchell is dumb as a box of rocks and it didnt hurt him

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Korky said, he's not even in the top 10% of being dirty in the NHL. That said, he has a very low respect level for his fellow NHL'ers. I've seen him leave his feet a couple times. He doesn't go out of his way to make dirty hits, but he sure as hell doesn't let up one bit when an opponent is in a very vulnerable position.

Only reason I noticed him is because I was kind of a fan from afar of his when he was with Ottawa. I started watching his game much more closely since he's been a Wing (because I like watching the Wings play) and I've noticed a part of his game I don't like. If it makes you feel any better Auto, I hated Marchment too :D

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not dirty on a Matt Cooke or Jarko Ruttu level, but he still takes cheap shots, he left his feet when he went after Mitchell and landed an elbow to his head.

Luckily Mitchell is dumb as a box of rocks and it didnt hurt him

lol

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fair enough. I can see where it's easy to get annoyed with a couple of our energy guys. They have been the difference maker in Detroit this year, and being fresh with limited icetime usually has them chomping at the bit to get out there. Ablagator is carving out a nice path as an aggitator (sp?) as well.

All in all a couple of our bigger hitters do so because we just not good fighting team. You can tell we try a little too hard at times to lay a big hit to kinda show we can be tough too.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good game btw. That was the best passes I have seen out of your D all year. Picked a good time to pick it up, fellas...