• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Sharks @ Red Wings - Feb 22, 4:30 PST

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hahaha, cute from niemi to knock off the net... the sharks need the break. Man dats and zets are magical. Marleau is really struggling out there...

This game feels like game 7 in the PO's the way these two teams are playing. This is hockey at its best.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Props to Devin - he is on an absolute tear...

10 goals in 13 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
stupid heater... BIIIG kill... This game is still far from over

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING HEATLEY. The cat is out of the bag, I FUCKING HATE THIS GUY!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
man... you could see that one coming... what a fucking rediculous game!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heater, Patty and Pavelski (even Clowe except for his goal) have had horrid games on the defensive side of the puck.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh what a save by Niemi. Nabby doesn't stop that shot I don't think.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is the best game I've seen this year. What a well played, gritty, extremely high pace game.

Wonderful game from jumbo, seto and couture. Seto is really on fire and the captain actually worked hard. Jumbo had the same number of shots in this game as he had in the last NINE games combined. wow!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people, many of whom had no idea what they were talking about, wrote Niemi off in November lol All he needed was an increased workload, also knowing that he will be playing every night has done wonders to his preparation and confidence. What a game.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people, many of whom had no idea what they were talking about, wrote Niemi off in November lol All he needed was an increased workload, also knowing that he will be playing every night has done wonders to his preparation and confidence. What a game.

I was one of those. I never disliked him or thought he was a bad goalie, but I wished DWil would have used the cap space to get a defenseman. I admit, I never thought the kid was this good and I'm admittedly eating crow. The kid has played lights out and is the MAIN reason for why the Sharks are having success right now.

That said, I still liked what I saw from Niitty at the beginning of the year. He just kind of got dicked around by the coaching staff by them not playing the hot hand.

Let's put it this way, I'm happy with the way things have turned out, but I sure wouldn't have minded DWil not signing Niemi and Wallin and signing Z. Michalek instead either. :D

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heater, Patty and Pavelski (even Clowe except for his goal) have had horrid games on the defensive side of the puck.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one Filo. He doesn't show up on the scoresheet but Marleau had a solid game on both sides of the puck. Pavs as well. He was on for all three goals against but you can't really fault him for any of them. Well, maybe the 2nd one where he took a seat directly infront of Niemi. Datsyuk's line abused everyone they were on the ice against. I think it says a lot the McLellan was comfortable leaving Pavelski out against him after moving Heatley off that line.

This was one of the best games Thornton has played all year.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to disagree with you on this one Filo. He doesn't show up on the scoresheet but Marleau had a solid game on both sides of the puck. Pavs as well. He was on for all three goals against but you can't really fault him for any of them. Well, maybe the 2nd one where he took a seat directly infront of Niemi. Datsyuk's line abused everyone they were on the ice against. I think it says a lot the McLellan was comfortable leaving Pavelski out against him after moving Heatley off that line.

This was one of the best games Thornton has played all year.

No worries, I missed the entire first period. Not saying you're wrong, but I stand by my assessment from what I saw. Marleau (from my count) had 3 really bad turnovers in the Sharks zone. Him and Pavelski weren't as bad as Heatley was, but every single time Pavs line was out there on even strength, they were hemmed in their own zone.....although there was one common denominator for the bad defense.....one player played with all 3 guys consistently.....my favorite Dany Heatley :D

It makes sense though, Detroit's a fast team and 3 of the 4 players have no speed.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of those. I never disliked him or thought he was a bad goalie, but I wished DWil would have used the cap space to get a defenseman. I admit, I never thought the kid was this good and I'm admittedly eating crow. The kid has played lights out and is the MAIN reason for why the Sharks are having success right now.

That said, I still liked what I saw from Niitty at the beginning of the year. He just kind of got dicked around by the coaching staff by them not playing the hot hand.

Let's put it this way, I'm happy with the way things have turned out, but I sure wouldn't have minded DWil not signing Niemi and Wallin and signing Z. Michalek instead either. :D

I understand what you are saying. I remember Wilson stating that teams aren't winning with the big money goaltenders and that was the main reason he didn't resign Nabby. Then he goes and spends over 4 million on goaltending lol with that said I was excited when the Sharks signed Niemi because I had zero confidence in Nittymaki. It's not like I thought the world of Niemi in the first place, it's just that I couldn't see Nittymaki taking us anywhere we haven't been before. Hopefully in the off-season, Niemi can be resigned and Nittymaki can be sent packing, I was never fond of the guy.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Best NHL game I have watched this year. That 3rd period was insane. Ian White is a nice pickup. I love how he works the open space to get his shot through. So many guys played really well tonite. This team when they want is really damn good. Ok positives aside, Dany Heatley is an absolute bum. He is flat out the worst defensive hockey player I have ever seen. I am not overexaggerating that. Also, how many fucking times is he going to fan on a one timer or wrister this year. I have a real problem with this guy and would love to get rid of him if there was any way possible. I really wish we didnt make that trade, he is not the player I thought. There is a lot of good things going on with this team, but he is just awful.