• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Sharks @ Blackhawks - March 14, 5:00 PST

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scaled.php

Nichol and Huskins still out. 7 dressed defensemen is a possibility (again).

Hendry and Bolland are out. Campbell is day-to-day (leg)

from Yahoo:
Forwards
LW Patrick Sharp, C Jonathan Toews, RW Patrick Kane
LW Bryan Bickell, C Michael Frolik, RW Marian Hossa
LW Fernando Pisani, C Jake Dowell, RW Troy Brouwer
LW Viktor Stalberg, C Ryan Johnson, RW Tomas Kopecky
Defensive pairings
Duncan Keith, Nick Leddy
Brian Campbell, Chris Campoli
Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson
Goalie
Corey Crawford

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my tickets for this one. Will be in the upper bowl (cost me 150 a ticket for an upper bowl seat).

Lets go sharks!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my tickets for this one. Will be in the upper bowl (cost me 150 a ticket for an upper bowl seat).

Lets go sharks!

That is insane. Upper Bowl tix at the Tank are ~$35 - $40. You sportin teal tonight? Have fun!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate games that start during my shift.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D looks real soft. I know Chicagos got skill but they need to tighten it up. Wallin is a liability.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry folks, but this team is just not gunna make it... Their D is just not good enough and they just dont have the poise to play with the good teams. Chicago would beat them. Vancouver too. Philly for sure. I'd honestly be surpised if they make it past the 1st round especially is they face Chi in the 1st. However, White was simply not the answer and when you're whole D has a total 18 goals (the current top 8), and your PK is among the worst in the league, then you don't stand a chance....

this is exactly as I expected...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Jumbo's change giving heater the -1 on that 4th goal...

That's the heart of the San Jose Sharks.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i have been a long defender of dougie, and I cant complain with the sharks making the PO's every year since he began, but as far as taking the next level, he simply doesnt have it.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These VS announcers are pissing me off. Blackhawk homers.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair Eddie Olczyk is the Blackhawks' color guy.

Pathetic effort from the Sharks tonight. There's no way that Chicago should be outplaying the Sharks like this. Especially considering the Hawks played a game yesterday. No individual blame here, the entire team failed to show up for this one.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

whats there to talk about for the sharks? They are getting embarassed (again) by a far superior team.

Todd Mclellan has never shown himself as a capable coach. Wallin, huskins, niity, and mitchell all cost nearly 8M and all four are not NHLers. Simply put, the sharks won a bigillion games in OT and SO on the bvack of rediculous goaltending. Now that niemi is moderately human, the core issues have reemerged. The special teams are failing, the speed is SO obviously lacking, and the panic gene is back.

This team has not dominated a game in god knows how long. They have been lucky to be where they are but it's melting now...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair Eddie Olczyk is the Blackhawks' color guy.

Pathetic effort from the Sharks tonight. There's no way that Chicago should be outplaying the Sharks like this. Especially considering the Hawks played a game yesterday. No individual blame here, the entire team failed to show up for this one.

Chicago and Vancouver should be a great WCF after either the sharks or wings fail in the 1st round. The wings are a bit too old and slow now and their goaltending isnt good enough. Chicago and Van are the clear dominant western teams. Not surpisingly they are also the 2 teams with the best defensive cores. Naturally, Philly in the east is the best and also has the best D core by far.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez, what happened on my drive home from work?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, SjRules, you are such a downer. They have one bad game out of the last month and you freak the fuck out.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago and Vancouver should be a great WCF after either the sharks or wings fail in the 1st round. The wings are a bit too old and slow now and their goaltending isnt good enough. Chicago and Van are the clear dominant western teams. Not surpisingly they are also the 2 teams with the best defensive cores. Naturally, Philly in the east is the best and also has the best D core by far.

Chicago might be a better team than San Jose, but they're not this much better. If the Sharks and Hawks both play well, any game they play will be close. This is just a matter of the Sharks not showing up. Don't know why but they didn't. I'm not going to write off the Sharks based on one regular season game, but this one definitely doesn't instill any extra confidence in them.