• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - San Jose at New Jersey - Feb 11, 4:00pm

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First weak goal Niemi's let in in like a month.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nice shot... woulda like niemi to have that one...

This one though the captain gifted to the devils. Up 1-0 and on the PP and jumbo takes an offensive zone super lazy call... OUCH!

Tmac is gunna be SO mad and he should be. Jumbo needs a message sent. 3 pts in the last 9 games?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't help things out.....

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and now loser #2 (mitchell) seals the game. DW and tmac need to keep mitchell out the rest of hte year. Not a coincidence that he comes back and the sharks streak is over.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell, go back to the IR please. Dumbfuck.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what a gift win to the devils. the sharks had full control over this game... Tmac really lost his guys...

No more days off in manhattan. Clearly, their mental focus disappeared after they scored.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I was going to comment on how I didn't miss Mitchell one bit but it looks like others have already taken care of that.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a gift win to the devils. the sharks had full control over this game... Tmac really lost his guys...

No more days off in manhattan. Clearly, their mental focus disappeared after they scored.

I don't think I agree with this at all.

Blaming losses on much needed days off is kind of harsh in my humble opinion. Jumbo was really the only Shark who was mentally off all game.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
W#hat the fuck is Mitchell doing in there? Absolutely worthless. I have been praising Jumbo, but he was fucking awful all game. Tough loss.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Devils win the Devils way. They play like a Boa Constrictor. Boring as shit, but they are successful at it.

Oh well, can't win them all. The Sharks played well enough to win, they just had too many brain cramps.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off let me say that Thornton isn't the only reason the Sharks lost this game. However when you consider that the Devils got 5 great scoring chances off Thornton's turnovers, he ruined the Sharks power play (eventually resulting in a New Jersey goal) and committed the turnover that led to the faceoff in the Sharks zone that ended up in the Devils' 2nd goal and he offered the Sharks nothing offensively, I don't think it's off base to say that I think the Sharks would have won this game if Thornton was sitting in the press box. Or at the very least gotten a point out of it.

I hope the rest of Sharks Nation will join me in giving the Cap'n a big FUCK YOU!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

really? they were excellent all game and finally worked hard to get that 1st goal and then draw a penalty.

The jumbo takes a penalty. they play terribly 4 on 4. cant kill the 4 on 3. then take a 4 minute double minor to seal it. I suppose it was really a 2 man defeat (jumbo and mitch) but still, they completely lost it the last 10 minutes of that 3rd period.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blaming losses on much needed days off is kind of harsh in my humble opinion. Jumbo was really the only Shark who was mentally off all game.

^^^^this and I actually think you guys play a hell of a game for being tired you controlled play throughout most of the game.good game sharks and best of luck throughout the rest of your season

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always been the problem with having Mitchell in the lineup, I don't mind him as a 3rd/4th line center but for some reason the coaching staff and/or management has a love affair with this guy and he always seems to find himself in the top 6 at some point during the game. I don't care how fast he is, he has ZERO offensive capabilities, he is weak on the puck and has no idea what the fuck to do with it once he gets it. This is a tough one to swallow, they completely collapsed after scoring the first goal of the game and getting a power play right after. That sounds kinda funny, I always though that is the best thing that could happen to a team, not ours apparently... Oh and just in case you didn't notice, Thornton played like DOG SHIT! Another one in the books, hopefully they can forget about it and bounce back on Sunday...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? they were excellent all game and finally worked hard to get that 1st goal and then draw a penalty.

The jumbo takes a penalty. they play terribly 4 on 4. cant kill the 4 on 3. then take a 4 minute double minor to seal it. I suppose it was really a 2 man defeat (jumbo and mitch) but still, they completely lost it the last 10 minutes of that 3rd period.

I don't think it had anything to do with taking yesterday off. Jumbo wasn't mentally with it this game, but the Sharks played well for most of the game and definitely played well enough to win the game against a stifling defense. I think you're confusing correlation with causation. Niemi played well, but he still let in a softy and the Captain had a rough game tonight. The Sharks have won 8 of their last 10. McLellan does some things wrong, but giving the Sharks a day off yesterday I don't believe was one of them.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope Thornton gets called out post game. The guy really needs to be slapped around. I wish Todd would bench him, but we all know that's not gonna happen. Pathetic that guy has the C on his jersey.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Filo, you're right, I'm sorry. I'll isolate the loss on jumbo and mitchell. the rest of the team really did play pretty well. I guess the captain singlehanded crushed the team. Hurts to lose that way...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope Thornton gets called out post game. The guy really needs to be slapped around. I wish Todd would bench him, but we all know that's not gonna happen. Pathetic that guy has the C on his jersey.

Ilya got benched earlier in the year and since trading langenbrunner we have gone without a captain.to be honest langs was a big part of the problem

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

yeah, I dunno whats gunna happen with this guy. He's had such a terrible whole season (his worst since 1998-1999). its pretty hard to win when your captain is this bad....

What is it about the sharks and that round letter. Patty gets the C and is piss poor. Jumbo now and he's terribad. Maybe tmac should just get rid of the damn letter as a whole.

The one big chance Todd needs to change is his #1 PP unit. Jumbo has exactly zero PP points in the last 10 games. Clearly he is ineffective and tmac needs to give the valuable ice to guys who are playing well including of course couture and clowe, but also, pavs, marleau (yes, I said it, he's been good of late), wellwood, and even eager, rather than gifting it to heater and jumbo who have simply stunk.