• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - San Jose at New Jersey - Feb 11, 4:00pm

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
tmac is defending jumbo... interesting...

at least he might actually change up the #1 pp unit...

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it just me or has Wallin been much better? Im not saying hes been great, just better. This team is still not a contender and I really hope Doug sees that. On a side note, I think Heatley is a flat out bum. Does anyone know how long his contract is? Also, I really like Wellwood and Eager, especially Wellwood, hes got some game.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah wallin has been far better. I still dont love the guy, but he looks a whole lot more mobile than he used to. Still wouldnt mind an upgrade...

As for heater, yeah, he's not been great, but at least he has the ability to score lighting fast. He wasnt that bad, just not good either...

Sharks' top 3 are all slumping so I suppose its impressive that htey are still in the top 5 or 6 of the conference despite having all three tops guys playing so poorly pretty much all year.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more days off in manhattan. Clearly, their mental focus disappeared after they scored.

Give me a break! You think there day off in NYC is at all responsible?! Unless they were out all night drinking in the meat packing district and leg wrestling homeless vets in Central Park, I don't think a little sight-seeing did them in tonight.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I agree with this at all.

Blaming losses on much needed days off is kind of harsh in my humble opinion. Jumbo was really the only Shark who was mentally off all game.

Oh, I guess you addressed this already. I should maybe read the whole thread before I respond.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Give me a break! You think there day off in NYC is at all responsible?! Unless they were out all night drinking in the meat packing district and leg wrestling homeless vets in Central Park, I don't think a little sight-seeing did them in tonight.

Wait a minute, I didn't think the homeless vets in Central Park had legs...

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a win at Florida on Sunday to keep from starting a losing streak. A game like tonight's give-away regulation loss where the captain doesn't show up and Mitchell is obligated to be in the lineup for some reason is why it's difficult to feel confident about this team. 9-1-1 in the last 11 is great, but seeing Dallas and Anaheim win tonight in three-point games vs. Chicago and Calgary shows the small margin for error. Sharks will make Sunday's game more difficult than it should be, even if they win it.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
games like these really are glaring with the struggles of heater and jumbo lack of production

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just one loss but what makes this loss hurt the most is that almost every single fucking Western Conference game last night was a 3-point game... Yay for free points to losers!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just one loss but what makes this loss hurt the most is that almost every single fucking Western Conference game last night was a 3-point game... Yay for free points to losers!

The part that is most annoying for me is that overall I thought the Sharks actually played a good game and it was ruined by just a few guys.

Yes the goal Niemi gave up was weak. He gets a pass. He's been unfuckingbelieveable for a month now and only gave up 2 goals yesterday. Mitchell shouldn't be in the lineup and everyone knows it, except Wilson. I can't wait to see his breakaway goal against Anaheim again (since that's his only career highlight and for some reason the FO thinks he's a good player because of that). And then you have the captain's performance. Putrid, from the guy that's supposed to be the leader. Now we all know that Thornton is not capable of leading himself let alone an entire team, but for him to fuck everything up like he did last night is just completely inexcusable. He should be ashamed of the way he played last night.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bad today with LA's win in Washington and Phoenix's SO win vs. Chicago, another damn 3-point game.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that is most annoying for me is that overall I thought the Sharks actually played a good game and it was ruined by just a few guys.

Yes the goal Niemi gave up was weak. He gets a pass. He's been unfuckingbelieveable for a month now and only gave up 2 goals yesterday. Mitchell shouldn't be in the lineup and everyone knows it, except Wilson. I can't wait to see his breakaway goal against Anaheim again (since that's his only career highlight and for some reason the FO thinks he's a good player because of that). And then you have the captain's performance. Putrid, from the guy that's supposed to be the leader. Now we all know that Thornton is not capable of leading himself let alone an entire team, but for him to fuck everything up like he did last night is just completely inexcusable. He should be ashamed of the way he played last night.

Amen to that. Will be interesting to see if Thornton and the rest of the team come ready to play vs. Florida tomorrow afternoon in a very winnable game, before Tuesday's tough one in Nashville.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton last 10 games: 3 assists (I am not including the 2 empty net goals). That is it from the big guy. He is 31 now. Maybe he is starting his downward slide or has some undisclosed injury but those numbers are putrid for a player at his level and definitely are a major reason why this team has difficulty scoring goals.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thornton last 10 games: 3 assists (I am not including the 2 empty net goals). That is it from the big guy. He is 31 now. Maybe he is starting his downward slide or has some undisclosed injury but those numbers are putrid for a player at his level and definitely are a major reason why this team has difficulty scoring goals.

I will say this much he has actually been good defensively, The last few games. His slide had been ongoing for atleast 3 years now. Teams just play him,right and he can't just stand around and make passes like he had been doing.

He can't move his feet and dish the puck an that's why his numbers will continue to drop