• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Philth @ World Champs 8/6

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I really can't stand Cabrera. Why did we trade for an offensively void SS who can't play as good as defense as Stamos?

First.....pitch.....out.....made.....to end the game.

Good game Phils. You're boys have come in and done what they needed to do. Giants.....not so much.

Enjoy your Saturday guys. Maybe we can win one tomorrow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have we learned from this game?

If the Giants don't hit HRs, they don't score. I hope the hitters took notes and start to swing for the fences.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball game

Go home already.

howard1.gif

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Cainer.....no wait, that's not right.....poor Giants starters (sans Zito).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Carl Stewart:

The Giants, blanked by Cliff Lee in the series opener, are hitless in 17 at-bats with runners in scoring position in the three games against the Phillies this weekend. Over its last 16 games, San Francisco is batting .157 (16 for 102) with runners in scoring position.

Words fail me, but hideous comes to mind. Perhaps Teh Big Noggin needs to pull out the "Lollygagger" speech. Or the hypnotist could be hired. "Losing is a disease.....On a boat, gently rocking, gently rocking...."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh your funny

First of all, it is "You're funny"

Second, this is posted on the Giants board, for the ease and comfort and enjoyment of some fans in the midst of a hellacious losing streak.

Note Well (or Nota Bene in Latin): this is not posted on the Phils board. Not that there is anyone there who would see it anyway.

The Giants fandom does have trolls, but they tend to inhabit the Mouse Board, and they are rather more free at causing trouble on other teams' boards. Not so here. We are a class act here, right fellas? Fellas? Anyone?

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were going to be alright guys. I know it's been tough but I don't think this losing way continues much longer. Philly is the better team right now and that's fine, but I think we can grind our way to the postseason and then who knows, maybe we get hot. Recon seems like a nice guy, just playing around a little.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know how UZR works, but it has Nate in the negatives for RF this season.

UZR, the last time I checked, did not account for accuracy and arm strength. There's also some potential for a bias error because of the unique positioning of rightfielders at AT&T.
Aside from all that, the stat is pretty erratic, with large fluctuations, year to year. You need a minimum of three years of data, for outfielders, before the numbers approach believability - even if we discount bias errors completely.

Bottom line: trust your eyes first. That said, Beltran is a pretty smooth fielder with above average range, but his arm is weak and we've already seen teams running wild on him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UZR, the last time I checked, did not account for accuracy and arm strength. There's also some potential for a bias error because of the unique positioning of rightfielders at AT&T.
Aside from all that, the stat is pretty erratic, with large fluctuations, year to year. You need a minimum of three years of data, for outfielders, before the numbers approach believability - even if we discount bias errors completely.

Bottom line: trust your eyes first. That said, Beltran is a pretty smooth fielder with above average range, but his arm is weak and we've already seen teams running wild on him.

OK NN.

Of course, when it comes to defense, stats are ALMOST useless. We are talking about vase all, so of course there are going to be a ton different stats on defense, but i have yet to find any that are worth the time study.