• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT NASA @ Champs 8/27

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any team could make three outs in an inning with only one pitch thrown, it would be these Giants.

Reminds me of a game a few years ago at AT&T....Keichi Yabu enters the game in relief with runners on first and second, no outs. One pitch, triple play, and he's back in the dugout.

I'm still in awe...only triple play I've ever seen, in well over 1,000 games attended.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reminds me of a game a few years ago at AT&T....Keichi Yabu enters the game in relief with runners on first and second, no outs. One pitch, triple play, and he's back in the dugout.

I'm still in awe...only triple play I've ever seen, in well over 1,000 games attended.

I remember that game...might have been the most efficient relief appearance of all time.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Might have been?

:hockeysmile: There have been relief appearances where the pitcher didn't even throw a pitch yet the side was retired. While I would say that one pitch for three outs is about as good as it gets...I'm sure someone would say that a runner getting picked off base for the final out before a pitch was thrown would be even better.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hockeysmile: There have been relief appearances where the pitcher didn't even throw a pitch yet the side was retired. While I would say that one pitch for three outs is about as good as it gets...I'm sure someone would say that a runner getting picked off base for the final out before a pitch was thrown would be even better.

Interesting debate...depends on how you define 'efficient' I guess. A pick off throw is kind of like a pitch, right? Maybe less arm strain but not much less than a fastball...

So 1 throw = 3 outs or 1 slightly less strenuous throw= 1 out...both are 1 throw = inning over...I guess there's no 'right' answer. Especially if you factor in the work of the infielders vs just the 1B. And how the triple play lowers the ERA by more than the pickoff throw.

:think:

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey and Chez3?

Thisnk they may invite Stewy to ST, but there will be an open competition between him, Chez, maybe Monell, and maybe one other non-roster invitee.

I think Whitey is done with the club, though. If for nothing else than to add to the clubhouse purge...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thisnk they may invite Stewy to ST, but there will be an open competition between him, Chez, maybe Monell, and maybe one other non-roster invitee.

I think Whitey is done with the club, though. If for nothing else than to add to the clubhouse purge...

And also because he sucks at playing catcher, and hitting. Not that you didn't know that already.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep...lots of changes will be coming to the big club next year...

AlbertFlasher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep...lots of changes will be coming to the big club next year...

That will probably be the one redeeming thing about this season. The Giants will realize that continuing to count on guys like Ross, Torres and Tejada to have career years and injury prone players like Fred Sanchez to stay healthy is not the way to go.

I expect next year, those guys, along with Zito, Jonathan Sanchez and Pat Burrell, will be either cut or dealt. Hopefully we'll have seen the end of both Stewart and Whitesdide as well. I'd rather see more of some of the guys who are not Major League-ready like Belt and Crawford get a chance to play themselves into being ready and bring up guys like Brown and perhaps Pill to replace horrid veterans like Ross and Torres. I'd like to find a way to keep Keppinger as well since he appears to be among the very few reliable hitters they have; his suspect defense aside.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That will probably be the one redeeming thing about this season. The Giants will realize that continuing to count on guys like Ross, Torres and Tejada to have career years and injury prone players like Fred Sanchez to stay healthy is not the way to go.

I expect next year, those guys, along with Zito, Jonathan Sanchez and Pat Burrell, will be either cut or dealt. Hopefully we'll have seen the end of both Stewart and Whitesdide as well. I'd rather see more of some of the guys who are not Major League-ready like Belt and Crawford get a chance to play themselves into being ready and bring up guys like Brown and perhaps Pill to replace horrid veterans like Ross and Torres. I'd like to find a way to keep Keppinger as well since he appears to be among the very few reliable hitters they have; his suspect defense aside.

I believe Sanchez is under contract so he'll stay, I don't see him going anywhere via trade. Unless Belt shows no progress and has a horrible spring he should be somewhere in the regular lineup. But...that might be it...I see the vets with expiring contracts gone...but different vets in their spots. You won't see Brown, he's not ready yet...and Pill is likely just a career minor leaguer. I don't see anyone taking Zito...and if Sanchez is dealt I don't know how is value could be any lower than right now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Radar alert.

AlbertFlasher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe Sanchez is under contract so he'll stay, I don't see him going anywhere via trade. Unless Belt shows no progress and has a horrible spring he should be somewhere in the regular lineup. But...that might be it...I see the vets with expiring contracts gone...but different vets in their spots. You won't see Brown, he's not ready yet...and Pill is likely just a career minor leaguer. I don't see anyone taking Zito...and if Sanchez is dealt I don't know how is value could be any lower than right now.

I'm not an advocate of trading good starting pitching; especially left-handed starting pitching but if they are not willing to deal someone like Sanchez they won't get the hitter they need. Texas needs pitching, perhaps they might cough up someone like Andrus for him and the Giants could kill two birds with one stone.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno; there are those who think Zito is due for a good season.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an advocate of trading good starting pitching; especially left-handed starting pitching but if they are not willing to deal someone like Sanchez they won't get the hitter they need. Texas needs pitching, perhaps they might cough up someone like Andrus for him and the Giants could kill two birds with one stone.

Why would the Rangers deal Andrus for a hurt Sanchez? Especially since he's mentally weak?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TROLL+IN+THE+DUNGEON+add+me+im+forever+alone_9212ee_2479779.gif