• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Kings @ Sharks 7:00PM PDT

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Clowe?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Clowe?

Didn't skate after the first shift of two. No word on injury. Hopefully something minor and out for precautionary reasons.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't skate after the first shift of two. No word on injury. Hopefully something minor and out for precautionary reasons.

Thanks, rares.
:peace:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton must have a hand/wrist injury. He hasn't taken any draws the last two games.

I thought it was just to get Marleau some more practice in the faceoff circle?¿?¿!

/lame excuses

congrats on clinching the division Sharks fans!

Thanks buddy. Good luck to the Kings in the playoffs. It's great news that Williams is starting to practice again!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty's going to be fine... he's still a stud; I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Simmonds, on the other hand... I don't recall anyone ever saying anything great about him but maybe I missed something... he was never very good/impressive.

PS. I'm shocked that Penner has been such a huge disappointment since the trade. I thought it was an awesome trade by Dean but holy shit, has this dude disappeared or what?

I'm not too surprised. His scoring has gone down some (I think they said he only has 2 goals with LA), but the way they were talking about him during the trade deadline, you'd have thought the guy was a superstar. I guess that's what happen when no elite players actually end up getting traded at the deadline.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Clowe?

I went back and saw his last shift at the 14:00 mark. He tangled with JJ near the endboards and fell. He skated to the bench looking fine to end his shift, so a bit surprising he missed the rest of the game.

Sharks are on fire. No letting down, just continue this on into the POs!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton must have a hand/wrist injury. He hasn't taken any draws the last two games.

Ooo the last time he took draws was against Dallas. Hope he can heal in time for POs.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks brudah. By the way, are you involved in Muay Thai? I did some Tae Kwon Do myself back in my high school years.

sup man. Yeah, training has been limited to 2x a week since the arrival of my second girl. But I have been in this art for almost 3 years now. love it.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was just to get Marleau some more practice in the faceoff circle?¿?¿!

/lame excuses

Thanks buddy. Good luck to the Kings in the playoffs. It's great news that Williams is starting to practice again!

yeah, good luck to you guys as well. :peace:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not too surprised. His scoring has gone down some (I think they said he only has 2 goals with LA), but the way they were talking about him during the trade deadline, you'd have thought the guy was a superstar. I guess that's what happen when no elite players actually end up getting traded at the deadline.

He's not getting the ice time he was getting in edmonton, kind of what happened to jokinen when he left florida to phoenix and calgary

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. Awesome quote from Boyle on the fight at the end:

"I turned around and saw two guys hitting at Dougie," Boyle said. "I know he could probably take two guys any day of the week, but I just wanted to go in there and help him out like he's been doing for me all year."

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You'll have to excuse me if I don't completely buy that story. Two of the most important games of the year, one to clinch a PO spot, the 2nd to clinch the Division, and you have a guy who's been a secondary on faceoffs taking all the important draws instead of the teams best faceoff man that's in the line-up? Their reasoning doesn't hold much water.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I tend to agree with you all on that one, Cmon...

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of hand/wrist issue that Thornton is nursing and this whole "let's get Patty ready" thing is just a cover up.

Doesn't look to be something too serious from the way Thornton has been handling the puck so let's hope it's not, eh?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, DP says Clowe has lower body injury but seemed to be walking fine after the game

The way teams are all secretive about injuries this time of year, I wonder if it was even lower body at all.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, I tend to agree with you all on that one, Cmon...

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of hand/wrist issue that Thornton is nursing and this whole "let's get Patty ready" thing is just a cover up.

Doesn't look to be something too serious from the way Thornton has been handling the puck so let's hope it's not, eh?

I'm not so sure it's so false. i think Jumbo had talked abut wingers helping out on the draw and Tmac wanted to give him the experience of playing wing to see what it's like. I have to think that if jumbo was actually hurt, he'd be resting. Draws aren't the only thing that an injured wrist effects (Ask boyle) and everyone knows that being healthy and ready for the PO's is priority #1, much more than PO seeding or anything else. Not to mention, jumbo is only 1% better in the circle than patty, so it's not a big change anyways.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The way teams are all secretive about injuries this time of year, I wonder if it was even lower body at all.

clowe doesnt seem that hurt, but if he is, that would be a huge loss. Eager plays a similar game and has similar size, so he could likely fill in nicely on that line, but clowe adds just great board work, skill, toughness, and heart, that losing him would be really bad. Hopefully it's just precautionary as I'd rather him sit a game or two and be healthy in a week than push it down the stretch.

p.s.: Is Braun gunna sit forever? The sharks are playing well, but I was hoping to see braun get some good action. I wonder if he is gunna be a bench player down the stretch and in the PO's?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I don't see Braun playing anytime soon, unless a defenseman gets hurt. Sucks for us fans (who like him, unlike the management/coaching staff who must know something we don't) but oh well.

Also, not sure when Nitty is going to make a start or two but hopefully @ANA and at home vs. PHX to close out the season (with Niemi getting the Saturday start @PHX)...

Or at least that's how I'd do it... but I ain't no coach!

At the very least, Nitty should get the Saturday start @PHX and have Niemi do the @ANA and last-game-at-home games.